Jump to content


RIP George A Romero.


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 16320 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

https://www.google.c...-story,amp.html

Edited by invisible airwave, 16 July 2017 - 07:12 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Coincidentally Night of the Living Dead is on TV here right now...

#3 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

RIP

#4 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 16320 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Martin Landau died just a few hours later as well.  Damn.  RIP to both.

#5 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

RIP

#6 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

I'm not the biggest horror fan but I loved his earlier Dead flicks. Such a big impact on the genre.

RIP :rose:

#7 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

The man created some of the most memorable and influential films ever

.. and the best eyeglasses the industry has seen since Scorsese

RIP George

#8 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

    Crushed in Rio

  • Members *
  • 8609 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

RIP George and Martin Landau...a sad day for cinema for sure...

#9 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

I am soooooo bummed tonight!!  Ugh!  I love George!  I have an autographed card by him!  "Dawn Of The Dead" will always be the greatest zombie movie ever made.  That movie changed my life when I was a kid.  Nothing can touch the shopping mall scene.  God, I love GOBLIN too.  Amazing soundtrack.

Another Legend has passed yet his legacy will carry on forever!

I am not a fan of the saturated zombie films that are made today.  The whole zombie thing is just overkill (pun intended) LOL and so overblown. Even the Walking Dead bores me to death.

Thank God for Romero movies!!!  "Day Of The Dead" is underrated!!

My heart goes out to George.  Yes another pun.  

Love you George.

#10 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

Even Roger Ebert called "Dawn Of The Dead" one of the greatest horror movies ever made!  IT IS!!

So George died of lung cancer.  77 years young.  I get so mad!  I assume it was cigarettes?  PISSES ME OFF!

Alas, there is nothing I can do for humans who smoke.

Yup!  a given.  A smoker.

#11 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Night Of The Living Dead is an absolute masterpiece of shadows and cinematography

There is so much more in that movie than just zombies

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5833 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

RIP, George.  :rose: A kid couldn't grow up in Pittsburgh without knowing and probably loving "Night of the Living Dead."  It was filmed not very far from where I grew up; the town (Evans City) still has a Living Dead festival each fall. We always thought it was cool that the local horror movie host  (Chilly Billy Cardille) was in the movie as a reporter.  They were close friends for years after that.  

Posted Image

#13 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostLucas, on 16 July 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Night Of The Living Dead is an absolute masterpiece of shadows and cinematography

There is so much more in that movie than just zombies

Posted Image

Posted Image

Carpenter took it to the next level in "Halloween" in color.  Shadowing and lighting yes!


Romero = GENIUS

#14 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

View Postblueschica, on 16 July 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

RIP, George.  :rose: A kid couldn't grow up in Pittsburgh without knowing and probably loving "Night of the Living Dead."  It was filmed not very far from where I grew up; the town (Evans City) still has a Living Dead festival each fall. We always thought it was cool that the local horror movie host  (Chilly Billy Cardille) was in the movie as a reporter.  They were close friends for years after that.  

Posted Image

That is so "cool" chica!   Pun intended......

#15 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5833 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 16 July 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 16 July 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

RIP, George.  :rose: A kid couldn't grow up in Pittsburgh without knowing and probably loving "Night of the Living Dead."  It was filmed not very far from where I grew up; the town (Evans City) still has a Living Dead festival each fall. We always thought it was cool that the local horror movie host  (Chilly Billy Cardille) was in the movie as a reporter.  They were close friends for years after that.  

Posted Image

That is so "cool" chica!   Pun intended......

Yeah, both had genius in their own way !  Chilly Billy was the Saturday night horror movie host for over twenty years and he was awesome.  It was really sad when he passed away last year.  I have an autographed photo of him from Night of the Living Dead!  I'll try to put it up.  I bought it at a charity thing in Pittsburgh.  He was so popular the local NBC station didn't run Saturday Night Live , live, for four years. George Romero was one of a kind.

#16 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

View Postblueschica, on 16 July 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 16 July 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 16 July 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

RIP, George.  :rose: A kid couldn't grow up in Pittsburgh without knowing and probably loving "Night of the Living Dead."  It was filmed not very far from where I grew up; the town (Evans City) still has a Living Dead festival each fall. We always thought it was cool that the local horror movie host  (Chilly Billy Cardille) was in the movie as a reporter.  They were close friends for years after that.  

Posted Image

That is so "cool" chica!   Pun intended......

Yeah, both had genius in their own way !  Chilly Billy was the Saturday night horror movie host for over twenty years and he was awesome.  It was really sad when he passed away last year.  I have an autographed photo of him from Night of the Living Dead!  I'll try to put it up.  I bought it at a charity thing in Pittsburgh.  He was so popular the local NBC station didn't run Saturday Night Live , live, for four years. George Romero was one of a kind.

That is awesome chica!  Please post the pic if you can!  I would love to see it!

Yes!  So you had Chilly Billy.  I had Bob Wilkins out here in the Bay Area!  He hosted Creature Features.  KOFY I believe.  He was incredible and I feel he was just like your Chilly Billy.  Creature Features was on from like 1971-1984.

Those late night Saturdays when I was a kid watching that scary stuff while my parents partied were crazy.  Had nightmares for years.  No wonder I'm so wacky.  LOL!

No wonder I'm addicted to RUSH And John Carpenter.  George!!! RIP!

You said it chica.  George was one of a kind.

I am watching Dawn Of The Dead tonight followed by Christine.

My two horror masters.

One is gone.

The other one is doing the next "Halloween."

Carpenter is a smoker too.  

My heart will shatter into a trillion pieces when he goes.

#17 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 30019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:05 AM

Neil Peart is a smoker too.

I will take a three week vacation and go to Maui alone when he goes.

#18 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 16 July 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Great article!


:rose: , George.

#19 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63066 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'd say Rest in Peace, but I'm sure George A. Romero would much rather rise from the grave and chase people through a graveyard or a shopping mall. "He's coming to get you, Barbara!"

:rose:

#20 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79230 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

:rose:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users