Tai Shan  

36 members have voted

1. 1. or Taylor Swift

• Tai Shan
    • Taylor Swift
    • I miss the bag of gummy bears ;)

I prefer Swift to most Rush.

What....dafuq?

She writes her own songs...for good or bad she rarely lip syncs if she can avoid it...

Writes her own songs, yes. But what if the songs aren't that great?

"Rarely lip syncs if she can avoid it?" Either she lip syncs or she doesn't. She lip syncs. And even on her studio recordings, her voice is thin and lifeless.

That said, Tai Shan sucks too, so no vote for me in this poll.

(The preceding were my opinions, not intended to be presented as fact. Taylor is very rich and popular, so she's doing something right.)

Hitler was popular too.

Yes I am just fuxking around at this point. ;)

• Like 1

I prefer Swift to most Rush.

What....dafuq?

She writes her own songs...for good or bad she rarely lip syncs if she can avoid it...

Writes her own songs, yes. But what if the songs aren't that great?

"Rarely lip syncs if she can avoid it?" Either she lip syncs or she doesn't. She lip syncs. And even on her studio recordings, her voice is thin and lifeless.

That said, Tai Shan sucks too, so no vote for me in this poll.

(The preceding were my opinions, not intended to be presented as fact. Taylor is very rich and popular, so she's doing something right.)

Hitler was popular too.

Yes I am just fuxking around at this point. ;)

So popular we put him in again.

oh i kidding.......relax .

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :dweez: :dweez: :moon:

Mick

In my “personal record book” Tai Shan barely edges out Taylor Swift but they’re both great in their own ways.
  • Like 1

Get rid of the bamboo flute synth thing and the line "And China sang to me" and the tune would be greatly improved. Alex had some pretty cool ideas for guitar parts for the song - they should have been more prominent. After a whole album of synth-heavy songs, it would have been nice to end with something that showcased those ideas without the synthy bombast taking over everything.
  • Like 2

Get rid of the bamboo flute synth thing and the line "And China sang to me" and the tune would be greatly improved. Alex had some pretty cool ideas for guitar parts for the song - they should have been more prominent. After a whole album of synth-heavy songs, it would have been nice to end with something that showcased those ideas without the synthy bombast taking over everything.

HYF is a masterpiece. The last two songs are a mild drop off but like Earl said the whole album is great.

• Like 1

HYF is a masterpiece. The last two songs are a mild drop off but like Earl said the whole album is great.

it's my fav Rush album. i've grown kinder to the last 2 tracks.....i wish it would have ended with turn the page. but i don't mind the last 2 anymore

Mick

it's my fav Rush album. i've grown kinder to the last 2 tracks.....i wish it would have ended with turn the page. but i don't mind the last 2 anymore

Mick

Turn the page would have been a better closer...only I love the album as it is. But Turn the page feels lile a natural conclusion every time it plays.

• Like 1

I think High Water gets unfairly slighted because it follows a song a lot of fans don't care for. Turn The Page would have been the better closer but there's nothing wrong with High Water. Neil really shines on that one and makes the song.
  • Like 2

I think High Water gets unfairly slighted because it follows a song a lot of fans don't care for. Turn The Page would have been the better closer but there's nothing wrong with High Water. Neil really shines on that one and makes the song.

It's an amazing song. Masterpiece. Fun to play the whole record on the drums.

Tai Shan doesn't do anything for me, but it has always been Lovely Wife's #1 Rush song, without question.

Many years ago we brought home a yellow labrador puppy. I suggested we name her something Rush-related -- you know, something hopelessly nerdy like By-Tor or Xanadu or the like.

We ended up calling her Tai.

Such a good dog to my kids when they were growing up. May she rest in peace.

• Like 2