2016-17 College Football Thread

Carolina continues to improve, especially on defense, but the offense is still inept, for the most part, and special teams mistakes cause us to lose a heartbreaker to Texas A&M: 2 missed FGs, and then a muffed punt when we were only down by 8. It was a good game, though.

The ending of the Georgia-Tennessee game was incredible.

What a roller coaster ride for the fans of both teams. First the Tennessee fans had their mouths hanging open in stunned disbelief when Georgia took the lead with 10 seconds left on 47 yard pass, then a short time later it was the Georgia fans in stunned disbelief when Tennessee converted a Hail Mary into the end zone as time expired.

Ughhhhh.

My Louisville team loses another heartbreaker to Clemson. Lost by 6 in 2014 to them, lost by 3 last year, lost by 6 again this year.

I need consoling. SOMETHING.

Lamar Jackson is freaking awesome though.

I feel your pain.

If it is any consolation, that was a very good game.

Easily one of the best games this season.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Carolina continues to improve, especially on defense, but the offense is still inept, for the most part, and special teams mistakes cause us to lose a heartbreaker to Texas A&M: 2 missed FGs, and then a muffed punt when we were only down by 8. It was a good game, though.

I was impressed, they seemed to play a really tight game against A&M.

I know there aren't many Buckeyes fans here...but I had a lot of fun taking my sons to the game yesterday.

And we won rather handily.

A powerhouse program. Must be a killer atmosphere for a game! I went to a lot of Washington Husky games in their heyday. A great venue. It gave Stanford fits on Friday.

ETA: I see the Huskies jumped to #5.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I know there aren't many Buckeyes fans here...but I had a lot of fun taking my sons to the game yesterday.

In my travels, I've made a point to try and pass by as many college football stadia as possible. The horseshoe is easily the most monumental structure I've ever seen in America. I'd love to see a game there one day.
  • Like 1

A powerhouse program. Must be a killer atmosphere for a game! I went to a lot of Washington Husky games in their heyday. A great venue. It gave Stanford fits on Friday.

I knew when Petersen went there that Washington would be stellar. I used to watch Boise State play on Friday nights, after high school games.Very creative and aggressive offenses with Petersen.

My brother and I watched the first half of the game against Stanford on Friday night. Incredible, dominant performance.

In my travels, I've made a point to try and pass by as many college football stadia as possible. The horseshoe is easily the most monumental structure I've ever seen in America. I'd love to see a game there one day.

It is pretty cool...I love the history of it. Original capacity was somewhere around 60,000, and that was when construction was first completed, in 1922. They've added sections (including closing the end of the horseshoe, with more seating). The crowd for Saturday's game was 105,830.

If you're ever going to be up this way over a weekend in the fall, anytime, let me know, and we'll hit one up.

And if the Gamecocks ever play at the shoe, I'll get tickets for you and me for sure.

Edited by Blue J

Also- my older son wants to see a game from down in the closed end of the shoe, which is the loudest part of the whole stadium- in the section right above where the band sits.

If I stop spending money on going out to lunch completely during my work week, and just bring food from home every day, I can use that money to get us two tickets there, for the game against Northwestern on October 29th. I might try to do that!

Edited by Blue J

I knew when Petersen went there that Washington would be stellar. I used to watch Boise State play on Friday nights, after high school games.Very creative and aggressive offenses with Petersen.

He's a master of the Pistol. As I watched the game, it was weird to think that an offense developed at the University of Nevada has become so widely used. A pretty brilliant design by Chris Ault and Company.

Dear Texas and Oklahoma,

You might want to check on your defenses. They've gone missing.......... :o :o

That was awful. Worst performance of the year by the offense. Score doesn't indicate how bad Jawja dominated. These loses really hurt

At least you're not a Rutgers fan.

• Like 1

That was awful. Worst performance of the year by the offense. Score doesn't indicate how bad Jawja dominated. These loses really hurt

I did manage to get my brother and half brother to attend the game with me, which was one little victory.

Why the heck would they want to join the Big 14 10?

:huh: No clue. I'm not even $ure I would venture a gue$$.

I had to laugh when Georgia returned SC's last ditch onside kick for a touchdown. It seemed an entirely fitting way to end the game.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Watched that A&M v Tennessee game the weekend just to see the stadium.. can't believe that a university could have such a facility.. 100K + Capacity.. Mad !

Both teams were 5 - 0 going into that one iwhich made for quite an entertaining tussle.. good game - enjoyed it !

• Like 1

Watched that A&M v Tennessee game the weekend just to see the stadium.. can't believe that a university could have such a facility.. 100K + Capacity.. Mad !

Both teams were 5 - 0 going into that one iwhich made for quite an entertaining tussle.. good game - enjoyed it !

They are a spectacle indeed- there are eight different college football stadiums in the U.S. that have capacities of over 100,000 (and I enjoyed a game in one of them, just two weeks ago!).

Is American college football broadcast in the U.K.? Or did you watch online, or something?