2016-17 College Football Thread

Congrats MYSTIC RHYTHM to you ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS on their spectacular double OT victory @ TCU. AMAZING GUTS by the QB @ the end.

Arkansas will be ranked next week.

That was a pretty remarkable game, yeah.

The most interesting thing that happened yesterday was Louisville stomping the shit out of Florida State.

Has Florida State ever lost that bad? No wonder Louisville jumped at the opportunity to get Bobby Petrina back. You know his record at Louisville is 61-18. Very impressive.

Also, how about the North Dakota State Bison, knocking off another FBS school. The Big XII should immediately invite them into their conference.

The Gamecocks gave up a ton of yards, but had 4 takeaways in the red zone and a blocked FG to hold on to an early lead against the Pirates. We would have lost that game by a lot of points, last year, with our Swiss cheese defense. This defense is better.

The offense shows sparks, but is still no where close to running. I think Mc Ilwain is definitely better than Orth.

The Wisconsin Badgers are in for four weeks of HELL..... :fury: :fury: :fury:

@ Michigan State

@ Michigan

Ohio State

@ Iowa

Edited by Principled Man

The most interesting thing that happened yesterday was Louisville stomping the shit out of Florida State.

Don't forget them Fightin' Irishes getting beaten for the second time in 3 weeks! That was a lot of fun to watch.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Nice weekend. Sparty whips ND, Michigan goes from down 21-7 to beat Colorado, OK State avoids OT with a late score, and no, Aiken, the 'Noles have never been ass whipped like the beat down they took from Louisville. A guy at the bar I was at yesterday said "They must be slitting their wrists in Tallahassee." :laughing guy: Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

The Wisconsin Badgers are in for four weeks of HELL..... :fury: :fury: :fury:

@ Michigan State

@ Michigan

Ohio State

@ Iowa

See, I would have said,"The next 4 teams are going to catch hell from the mighty Wisconsin Badgers!"

I hope y'all beat everyone of those teams except Sparty. Sparty's coach played at Carolina, so in the wacky world of eye football tribalism, I have to root for Sparty.

Btw, I learned something new.

I did not know there was a mercy rule where games could be shortened by agreement between the teams.

That is what happened between SC State and Clemson. Clemson was winning 45-0 at halftime. After that, the teams agreed to shorten the 3rd and 4th quarters to 12 minutes each instead of 15.

I did not know there was a mercy rule where games could be shortened by agreement between the teams.

That is what happened between SC State and Clemson. Clemson was winning 45-0 at halftime. After that, the teams agreed to shorten the 3rd and 4th quarters to 12 minutes each instead of 15.

Yeah, I read about this on ESPN this morning. I had no clue that they could shorten a game.

That's really not shortening it much tho. Maybe should have had 10 minute or even 8 minute quarters or just called it off altogether. No worries about injuries that way.

That's really not shortening it much tho. Maybe should have had 10 minute or even 8 minute quarters or just called it off altogether. No worries about injuries that way.

How about not playing that game at all? How about treating the fans to a great game with an inter conference home and home series with a competitive FBS opponent, instead of asking less talented players to take an ass whipping so Clemson can give SC State $300,000 in exchange for a guaranteed win? The NCAA should ban these matchups, by not counting these wins towards a bowl nor playoff considerations. Edited by Aikenrooster

I agree that there's something afoul about all that. I would say that those early-season, non-conference games aren't counted in consideration much when it comes to the CFP. Unless, for example, Ohio State would have lost to Bowling Green, or something like that. (When they won the national championship after the 2014 season- they had started that year 0-1, having lost to Virginia Tech, who I don't believe was ranked).

Anyway...yeah, I don't see the point of playing three or four pretty much obvious-win games, almost always at home, against much smaller programs. It would be much more competitive if the Power 5 teams played each other in non-conference match-ups. Wouldn't those potentially be much more exciting games, too?

I agree that there's something afoul about all that. I would say that those early-season, non-conference games aren't counted in consideration much when it comes to the CFP. Unless, for example, Ohio State would have lost to Bowling Green, or something like that. (When they won the national championship after the 2014 season- they had started that year 0-1, having lost to Virginia Tech, who I don't believe was ranked).

Anyway...yeah, I don't see the point of playing three or four pretty much obvious-win games, almost always at home, against much smaller programs. It would be much more competitive if the Power 5 teams played each other in non-conference match-ups. Wouldn't those potentially be much more exciting games, too?

Yes. And, most conferences have 12 or 14 teams. Now. Teams should have to play 11 of the 12 games against conference opponents, leaving room for 1 non conference rival.

#11 Wisconsin 30

#8 Michigan State 6

http://kccollegegameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bucky_badger_no1_football01.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Don't forget them Fightin' Irishes getting beaten for the second time in 3 weeks! That was a lot of fun to watch.

They are losing to Duke at halftime, 28-21. Go Duke!