What do you wish you were doing right now

Permanent-Rush

I wish I was at another country.

Which one?

USA, Germany or Austria.

What do you wish you were doing in those places?

They're my dreams since years ago.

It's about development, better places to live. I've got more chances in my work area (Arts) than here in Brazil.

In these countries Art is recognized and better paid. I am a real citizen, not a number. Laws are made to protect me.

I love these languages, Art, Literature, Poetry and Music as well.

I've been working to make these wishes come true actually.

Plus: the concerts. There are *lots* of concerts that go at these places but not here.

And the culture. It's very different and I'm in affinity with, since my teenage days.

• Like 2

Which one?

USA, Germany or Austria.

It's about development, better places to live. I've got more chances in my work area (Arts) than here in Brazil.

In these countries Art is recognized and better paid. I am a real citizen, not a number. Laws are made to protect me.

Plus: the concerts. There are *lots* of concerts that go at these places but not here.

And the culture. It's very different and I'm in affinity with, since my teenage days.

That's a great dream and achievable goal.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 1

Which one?

USA, Germany or Austria.

That's a great dream and achievable goal.

I wish you the best of luck!

:cheers: Thank you very much! :D

• Like 1

I wish I was at the record store.

Which one?

The one near my house.

I have to drive about 15 miles (24km) to get to the only record store that's left, where I live.

It is a good one, at least. But as a result of my, umm, abundance of free time ( :eyeroll: ), I very rarely get to go there.

• Like 1

I wish I were on my way to Madison, Wisconsin, to cash in my winning Supercash ticket......

.......no, wait. I should first HAVE a winning Supercash ticket. Then I can wish about driving to Madison...... :doh:

I wish I was at the record store.

Which one?

The one near my house.

Do they have a good selection?

Yes. They have a lot of Rush, but not enough CT.

:(

I remember when the record store used to have every album from every band. My friend and I used to spend hours in one just checking everything out.

Good times.

Now, the selection is usually a band's newest album, a couple of their most popular releases and maybe a live album or greatest hits compilation and that's it.

It's not as fun going to the record store today :(

Yeah, back in the '70s, The record stores I went to (the SERIOUS ones) Virtually had ALL albums of any POPULAR GROUP, EVEN RUSH! (until "2112" they weren't 'on the list' of POPULAR. Can you believe that????) And I remember spending LOTS of time at 'em! Going to 'The Mall' to "Recordland" or "Musicland", then discovering the MAIN record store of Ann Arbor, "SchoolKids Records"! I should go and check it out these days....I used to like the stuff they played while I was THERE also! At "Recordland", I first heard Iggy Pop's "The Idiot" album, because they were playing it when I was there! I had just gotten my job and FORD Mo. Co. so I could afford it, so I bought it! (Excellent album IMO)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

• Like 2

ORF, is SchoolKids still open?

I've never been there, but I worked in record stores for about five years during the '90s, and that store was well-renowned back then.

• Like 1

ORF, is SchoolKids still open?

I've never been there, but I worked in record stores for about five years during the '90s, and that store was well-renowned back then.

Well, DAMN!!! It's gone out of Business.....Do you remember Liberty Music? A couple stores west of Schoolkids? It is now known as Encore Records, and IS still open. I liked them because that is how I first owned Beethoven's 9th symphony, done by NBC studios and used on The NBC Nightly News for YEARS. I got the actual record by 'singing' it to an employee!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Singing%20Bananas.jpg

nailing my art professor

By nailing.....?

I think "Hooking Up with" would probably be alike....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananadogfront.gif

nailing my art professor

By nailing.....?

I think "Hooking Up with" would probably be alike....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananadogfront.gif

That's sort of what I was thinking... ;)

• Like 1