Brazil 2016: Olympiad XXXI

goose

4 U.S. Swimmers including Lochte, robbed by crooks dressed like cops? Or were they frikin cops????

http://www.foxnews.c...-in-brazil.html

"They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground," Lochte said. "I refused, I was like, 'We didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground.'

"And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,' and I put my hands up, I was like 'Whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cellphone, he left my credentials."

Lochte is a nut! Advise: Armed robber says get on the ground...get on the ground.

It seems this story has a few contradictions - each athlete said a different thing about the car model and colour, and there´s footage of them arriving at the olympic village with all their belongings.

Yeah, seems very fishy all of a sudden.

http://newyork.cbslo...cs-ryan-lochte/

"Ryan Lochte, aka Summer's Eve"

"Let's give these kids a break."

I love that a 24yo man is considered a kid these days. I know, "The frontal cortex isn't fully developed till blah blah blah..." But that doesn't make you a kid. As noted above, it just makes you a douche.

• Like 4

I always take anything that The Daily Mail has to say with a grain of salt.

What ever,

Just posting what is reported. These games have been filled with all sorts of problems.

I was really pessimistic before these games began, but now I'm positively surprised. Rio never hosted an event of this magnitude, and although I have my reservations about the massive public spending involved in organizing them, I don't think these games had more issues than previous ones.

• Like 2

What ever,

Just posting what is reported. These games have been filled with all sorts of problems.

I was really pessimistic before these games began, but now I'm positively surprised. Rio never hosted an event of this magnitude, and although I have my reservations about the massive public spending involved in organizing them, I don't think these games had more issues than previous ones.

I don't watch the Olympics these days. But every day when I read the news some thing negative is reported.

What ever,

I think they've gone off well so far. Much better than the recent Russian winter games, for example.
  • Like 2

Took my dad to watch France vs Holland (women's handball) and brought Stella to the olympic village today. I'll post pictures later on!

Before this year i have never, ever watched handball. But after watching two games from the dutch men's team I actually enjoy it.
  • Like 1

Took my dad to watch France vs Holland (women's handball) and brought Stella to the olympic village today. I'll post pictures later on!

Before this year i have never, ever watched handball. But after watching two games from the dutch men's team I actually enjoy it.

Handball, is that the game they play where they don't actually use their hands....everything but right. I know of handball where you hit a ball against a wall that we used to play as kids in NYC.

• Like 1

Yeah, Lochte's a 32 year old big shot and team leader who runs out of Rio two days earlier and leaves a 20 and 21 yr old to be questioned for hours by foreign police and take the heat for him. What an idiot. #overgrownfratboy #uglyamerican #boomerphelpsrules

He should go to prison, just for being involved in a reality tv show. :moon: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club! :cheers: Just watched the France-Germany semifinal...classic. :notworthy: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club! :cheers: Just watched the France-Germany semifinal...classic. :notworthy:

Of course I watched handball before - in London, 04 years ago!

• Like 1

Welcome to the club! :cheers: Just watched the France-Germany semifinal...classic. :notworthy:

How far away do you live from the games?

Handball, is that the game they play where they don't actually use their hands....everything but right. I know of handball where you hit a ball against a wall that we used to play as kids in NYC.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Olympics+Day+1+Handball+u_wGwXygQxpl.jpg

Looks like you can use your hands. ;)

Soccer = football. Handball = soccer, but with your hands.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

How far away do you live from the games?

Half a mile from the beach volleyball arena, and about 08 miles from indoor volleybal. Roughly 15 miles from the largest complex.

• Like 1

Dumb question, Rod: on tv all I see are favelas, urban and rural living conditions. Do you have the typical suburbs we have here with just rows of single family homes and yards?

Dumb question, Rod: on tv all I see are favelas, urban and rural living conditions. Do you have the typical suburbs we have here with just rows of single family homes and yards?

That's not a dumb question, it's an excellent one. Rio's occupation has always been chaotic, and almost every suburb, no matter how exclusive, has a favela nearby. It's the only city I've seen where the poor live on the hills, and the rich at the bottom. Some houses in favelas have ocean views like you wouldn't believe!

• Like 2

That's not a dumb question, it's an excellent one. Rio's occupation has always been chaotic, and almost every suburb, no matter how exclusive, has a favela nearby. It's the only city I've seen where the poor live on the hills, and the rich at the bottom. Some houses in favelas have ocean views like you wouldn't believe!

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.