The Casual Fan Thread

Rick N. Backer

So this thread is for those of us who aren't TrueRushFans. If, for example, you're an older fan, and you think they released a number of albums in a row that were mediocre or worse (like, say, Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo and Vapor Trails), come on in. Or, if you're a younger fan, and you may have "acquired" more than a few Rush albums in a way the FBI would not approve, you're among friends. Rush is, after all, the band that pointed out that there are places in life where you either "be cool, or be cast out." So if you don't make the cut in the TrueRushFans thread, we'll welcome you here.

:)

• Like 3

You forgot Snakes. If not liking that steaming pile means I'm excluded from this group, I guess I'll have to start another thread.

You forgot Snakes. If not liking that steaming pile means I'm excluded from this group, I guess I'll have to start another thread.

Yes, please start another thread so you can drool over yourself and macerate over your irrational hatred for Snakes.

• Like 2

Yes, please start another thread so you can drool over yourself and macerate over your irrational hatred for Snakes.

Why, when I can piss you off here?

• Like 1

You are the one who is mad.

Live and let live on the album preference thing. If you don't like an era then you should have no problem with having less catalog to listen to.

I never put the first three albums on rotation. My loss, right?

You can be a Rush fan and like *one* album if you want

• Like 1

Nah, not really....I never spent a dime on that POS.

Then you have no business criticising it.

• Like 1

Live and let live on the album preference thing. If you don't like an era then you should have no problem with having less catalog to listen to.

I never put the first three albums on rotation. My loss, right?

You can be a Rush fan and like *one* album if you want

I love Fly By Night but why listen to it when you have ATWAS?

You can be a Rush fan and not own any of their albums.

You're silly.

You're silly.

Now that we have that startling revelation out of the way....

This is the thread for fans of "The Garden."

This is a thread for Washington sports fans.

• Like 1

Well, Snakes is actually a solid album. But we accept even the wingnuts in here. We're not the elitist, "You know, oddly enough, Geddy sounds just as good on R40 as he did on Exit . . . Stage Left," folks.

• Like 1

Well, Snakes is actually a solid album. But we accept even the wingnuts in here. We're not the elitist, "You know, oddly enough, Geddy sounds just as good on R40 as he did on Exit . . . Stage Left," folks.

Nah, Snakes is more the watery type. Which is all the more remarkable because of the length of time they held it in.

Is that all you got?

This thread was started by a Patriots fan!

(Better be careful or we will get suspended from the OLV sub-forum.

Is that all you got?

True enough. You, as a Washington sports fan, should have started the casual fan thread, and RNB should have started the "How to get Rush's catalog without paying for it" thread.

Is that all you got?

True enough. You, as a Washington sports fan, should have started the casual fan thread, and RNB should have started the "How to get Rush's catalog without paying for it" thread.

You can start the, "If Rush had released a great album in 1908, and none after that, would you still be a fan?" thread. Or, more optimistically, the "If Rush had released a great album in January 1974, and none after that, would you still be a fan," thread.

• Like 1

In order to criticize something you have to spend money on it?

What about TRFers that've heard the album through a friend? How about those TRFers that have downloaded albums & tunes? They can't criticize those songs? Nonsense. If you've heard something then you can criticize it.

*Note: I bought Snakes. I don't think it's a POS though. It's more like a piece of stale toast that has some moldy spots.

• Like 1