Biggest Ass Hat in Rock?

ILSnwdog

Ted Nugent. No explanation needed.

Why? I hear this all the time but I know nothing at all about him.

It would take a book to explain. Just do a search on him. He's a nut.

Ok!

• Like 1

Ted Nugent. No explanation needed.

Why? I hear this all the time but I know nothing at all about him.

It would take a book to explain. Just do a search on him. He's a nut.

Yes, he's nuts...but does he treat people like shit? Does he act like a prima donna?

With Ted Nugent, you know exactly where you stand, and where he stands - he is honest and has his convictions - at least he is sincere, whether a person agrees or disagrees ..

Same with Gene Simmons .. You may not like his personality, but I have never ever heard things about Gene in which he is unfair to people - just read the quotes from Rush about the times they toured together .. By all accounts, he went out of his way to be accommodating ..

The true asshats are the wolves in sheep's clothing - the phony, pretentious "do as I say, not as I do" ilk

Bono

• Like 2

oh so much to choose from, but I'll try to limit it to 3. Ritchie Blackmore

Ian Gillan is that you?

According to all the Blackmore documentaries and books, he is known to be a perfectionist who expects the absolute best from musicians. But if someone gives their best he is all praise. He is also apparently exceptionally moody and emotional. And a notorious practical joker.

Blackmore = difficult? Perhaps.

But an ass hat? Not in my opinion.

Yes I am a Blackmore fan boy. I consider him the most important and inspiring guitarist since Hendrix.

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 1

Ian Gillan is that you?

According to all the Blackmore documentaries and books, he is known to be a perfectionist who expects the absolute best from musicians. But if someone gives their best he is all praise. He is also apparently exceptionally moody and emotional. And a notorious practical joker.

Yes I am a Blackmore fan boy. I consider him the most important and inspiring guitarist since Hendrix.

Ritchie goes out of his way to throw water on the camera guy in the middle of the solo. That speaks ass hat to me.

Why Ritchie? was in in your way? no. was he bothering anyone? no. could you have turned the other way, ignored him and carried on with your playing? yes.

dick move.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Not a big metal fan but I've read and seen a lot of footage of Dave yelling at fans, etc. When you are a 'rock star' expect the unexpected. Don't get me wrong, he's can defend himself/music/etc but to call people in the audience ( so called fans ) f@gs, @ssholes, etc.. I think he's a tool.

Edited by custom55

Ian Gillan is that you?

Ritchie goes out of his way to throw water on the camera guy in the middle of the solo. That speaks ass hat to me.

Why Ritchie? was in in your way? no. was he bothering anyone? no. could you have turned the other way, ignored him and carried on with your playing? yes.

dick move.

Blackmore refused the RRHOF ceremony invite as well.

Gillan, Glover, Paice, Hughes, Coverdale, Jon Lord's family ALL showed up

Must have been a renaissance fair somewhere that was more important to Blackmore I guess

A 72 year old ASS HAT is one Ritchie Blackmore

Not a big metal fan but I've read and seen a lot of footage of Dave yelling at fans, etc. When you are a 'rock star' expect the unexpected. Don't get me wrong, he's can defend himself/music/etc but to call people in the audience ( so called fans ) f@gs, @ssholes, etc.. I think he's a tool.

I'm not aware of him calling fans names. Was this years ago? Every time I've heard him talk about his fans, he always comes off very greatful and very humble. Seen Megadeth live seven times and he's never insulted the crowd. Always thanks the fans live and is sincere in what he's saying.

As for the video, he got pissed at his guitar tech for bad sound issues. So, he corrected that issue and properly apologized to the fans who had to hear a bad show. Maybe he shouldn't have insulted the guy like that but we've all said bad things in the heat of the moment when we are upset.

• Like 1

Do dead ones count?

go for it

John Lennon

Sanctimonious asshat who preaches peace and love while beating women, being a violent drunk, basically disowning his son, and other miscellaneous acts of ass hatry.

• Like 1

That's from the Come hell or high water DVD.

The camera guy was told - do not come between Blackmore and the audience. Camera guy still tries to do it anyway.

He's lucky it was only water and not a guitar through the camera.

Blackmore refused the RRHOF ceremony invite as well.

Gillan, Glover, Paice, Hughes, Coverdale, Jon Lord's family ALL showed up

Must have been a renaissance fair somewhere that was more important to Blackmore I guess

A 72 year old ASS HAT is one Ritchie Blackmore

Now that was a disappointing and I think spiteful (dick) move by Blackmore.

For his apparent disdain for the very fans who supported him for 40+ years I nominate Neil Peart as one of the biggest asshats in music.

Yep I said it.

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 2