Bubbles arrested for choking a woman

Disembodied Spirit

Either way, apparently hearing about it was enough for the actor playing Lucy (named Lucy) to quit the show on the spot.

She'll likely change her tune when she realizes her future career path is in Burger King management.

She's a minor character anyway...totally disposable in terms of the show.

A disposable character on what I've heard is now a disposable show... :|

We still don't know what happened. What we do know is Lucy decoutere was recently part of a huge abuse case in which the defendant won and the judge described her testimony as less than truthful and that she was using it for publicity to be a "heroine for the cause."

Despite the court ruling, women’s crisis organizations rallied in support of DeCoutere and the two other women, saying "We believe you." The trial has also sparked a national discussion about how complainants in sexual assault trials are routinely dissected on the stand as they were in this case.

If DeCoutere turned around two weeks later and offered her support to a colleague accused of physically assaulting a woman, she would be pounced upon in the media and crucified as a hypocrite. Considering the optics she didn't have much choice but to publicly condemn Smith.

So the rule of thumb is for most of the people on here.

If you hear a very loud argument between a man and a woman is to do Nothing???

Or does this rule apply only if it's Bubbles?? I'm a little unclear.

A concerned citizen called the police. AS THEY SHOULD HAVE.

If he was still yelling at her when Police arrived, THAT is why he got arrested, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN

The police report to many, many domestic arguments every day and most do not involve ANYONE getting arrested.

They felt something had happened and she was not safe. It was not just a loud argument

• Like 3

If he was still yelling at her when Police arrived, THAT is why he got arrested, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN

The police report to many, many domestic arguments every day and most do not involve ANYONE getting arrested.

They felt something had happened and she was not safe. It was not just a loud argument

Haven't seen anything posted that suggests this. Cautioning against a rush to judgment and waiting for the investigation to be completed is a good course of action.

• Like 2

We still don't know what happened. What we do know is Lucy decoutere was recently part of a huge abuse case in which the defendant won and the judge described her testimony as less than truthful and that she was using it for publicity to be a "heroine for the cause."

Here's a link

I'm gonna read this later as I know nothing about any of this

My neighbor just knocked on my door because his fence blew down into my back yard lol

( the wind here is unbelievable )

http://www.theguardi...utere-interview

Is this the same woman who got choked by Bubbles?

Here's a link

My neighbor just knocked on my door because his fence blew down into my back yard lol

Are you effing kidding?

Here's a link

Are you effing kidding?

Bubbles could be a serial choker for all you know "Dad".

Here's a link

No, this is Lucy Decoutere - the woman who quit the television show after Smith was accused

Apparently, she had been thru an abuse case herself, involving a Canadian musician/talk show host named Jian Ghomeshi ..... Ghomeshi was accused by several woman of physical abuse, and this actress from Trailer Park Boys was one of them ..

Ghomeshi was found not guilty of all chargers

Ghomeshi was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder in 2009 after suffering a panic attack. He began seeing a psychologist on a weekly basis. Ghomeshi told journalist Courtney Shea that the psychological issues arose because of "[f]eeling like an outsider because of my Iranian background, trust issues. A lot of not feeling good enough". At the urging of his therapist, Ghomeshi purchased a teddy bear to replace his childhood toy and help him deal with his anxiety.

These are the facts, decide as you choose

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Here's a link

No, this is Lucy Decoutere - the woman who quit the television show after Smith was accused

Apparently, she had been thru an abuse case herself, involving a Canadian musician/talk show host named Jian Ghomeshi ..... Ghomeshi was accused by several woman of physical abuse, and this actress from Trailer Park Boys was one of them ..

Ghomeshi was found not guilty of all chargers

Ghomeshi was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder in 2009 after suffering a panic attack. He began seeing a psychologist on a weekly basis. Ghomeshi told journalist Courtney Shea that the psychological issues arose because of "[f]eeling like an outsider because of my Iranian background, trust issues. A lot of not feeling good enough". At the urging of his therapist, Ghomeshi purchased a teddy bear to replace his childhood toy and help him deal with his anxiety.

These are the facts, decide as you choose

Right.

I sincerely wish violence and abuse could be made a thing of the past, looked back on as part of something that had no place or role ..

But at times, I can only shake my head and think "These dumb fu@king people"

What is life without upheaval and drama ?

Absolutely.

Everyone please remember, Ken Jennings does not want anyone interfering when a man is in an argument with his

wife, sister, daughter or mother.

• Like 2

Absolutely.

Everyone please remember, Ken Jennings does not want anyone interfering when a man is in an argument with his

wife, sister, daughter or mother.

Thats a pretty slippery slope dude.

Where is the line drawn ?

You see an altercation or argument, and do nothing ?

You see a mugging and do nothing ?

You see an adult strike a child in a store and do nothing ?

You offer help, or at least a diversion so that whoever is out of control can see that their behavior is public and will not be tolerated

Each situation is different, but I don't believe "doing nothing" is ever an option

• Like 3

Any "man" who puts his hands on a woman like that is a f***ing coward

I have no idea who this inbred imbecile is, and reading the comments on that link ( ie "she probably deserved it" ) was sickening

:goodone: I agree with you Lucas...one of the rules of being a man is never harming a woman.

It shouldn't even be a rule it should just be a given.

What happens when a woman starts wailing on a guy and is getting the upper hand? Are men not allowed to defend themselves?

I can't believe I'm even wasting time answering this because I'm assuming you're just wasting time on a Saturday night by asking ridiculous questions. ("What if the man's asleep and the woman is Lizzie Borden with an axe etc etc.)

I volunteered in different domestic violence shelters for years and the answer is, "No, humans are not supposed to be violent to each other."

According to research done at John Hopkins, relationships where there is hitting, kicking, choking, hurting or threatening with a weapon (either sex to the other!) are ten times more likely to end fatally.

Everyone has a cell phone these days, FG. Call 911. Order Uber. Run for the bathroom and close the door. Do what you can to deescalate the madness. Don't drink and fight. But make it a priority not to get to the point where the woman is pounding on you in the first place.

I liked your post up until the part in bold. It really irks me as I read it like, if a man is getting pounded on by a woman he put himself in that situation. If anyone said the same about a woman getting pounded on, the shit would hit the fan. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, since I'm the only one responding to that sentence.

• Like 2

Where is the line drawn ?

You see an altercation or argument, and do nothing ?

You see a mugging and do nothing ?

You see an adult strike a child in a store and do nothing ?

You offer help, or at least a diversion so that whoever is out of control can see that their behavior is public and will not be tolerated

Each situation is different, but I don't believe "doing nothing" is ever an option

If people are having an altercation or argument that's really none of your business, unless it escalates into violence. The rest of the situations you stated in your post, one should react on, but you wrote it like there's a direct correlation to having an argument and beating someone.

Haven't seen anything posted that suggests this. Cautioning against a rush to judgment and waiting for the investigation to be completed is a good course of action.

When the hell did we start to blindly trust the Police?

Ask Alex about his faith in U.S. Police.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

In a public place, i would keep a watchfull eye on the situation. Hearing a couple argue in their place of residence, i would keep an ear out for any signs of potential violence. If the argument was to go on for a good amount of time, i would consider calling the authorities, or perhaps investigating myself.

I dont think anyone here is suggesting that one should just sit back and let it play out. But it really is a judgement call on the level of argument going on.

What happens when a woman starts wailing on a guy and is getting the upper hand? Are men not allowed to defend themselves?

I can't believe I'm even wasting time answering this because I'm assuming you're just wasting time on a Saturday night by asking ridiculous questions. ("What if the man's asleep and the woman is Lizzie Borden with an axe etc etc.)

I volunteered in different domestic violence shelters for years and the answer is, "No, humans are not supposed to be violent to each other."

According to research done at John Hopkins, relationships where there is hitting, kicking, choking, hurting or threatening with a weapon (either sex to the other!) are ten times more likely to end fatally.

Everyone has a cell phone these days, FG. Call 911. Order Uber. Run for the bathroom and close the door. Do what you can to deescalate the madness. Don't drink and fight. But make it a priority not to get to the point where the woman is pounding on you in the first place.

I liked your post up until the part in bold. It really irks me as I read it like, if a man is getting pounded on by a woman he put himself in that situation. If anyone said the same about a woman getting pounded on, the shit would hit the fan. Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, since I'm the only one responding to that sentence.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was the man's fault in that situation. Domestic violence happens both ways, unfortunately. I should have phrased it better. I wasn't blaming the victim and actually my post makes it sound as easy as deciding to get out; when really that is only the first step; it is not always simple to remove one's self from an abuse situation. I just meant that there are choices for most people in a relationship other than full on raging at each other.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I do hope, for all involved, that the media did, in fact, blow this out of proportion and no violence did ever occur.

The take-away from this should be that violence is bad, and the gender of the people involved does not matter.

• Like 6

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was the man's fault in that situation. Domestic violence happens both ways, unfortunately. I should have phrased it better. I wasn't blaming the victim and actually my post makes it sound as easy as deciding to get out; when really that is only the first step; it is not always simple to remove one's self from an abuse situation. I just meant that there are choices for most people in a relationship other than full on raging at each other.

I thought you might meant it different. I'm glad you took the time to clarify and I agree 100% with your post now :)

• Like 1

When the hell did we start to blindly trust the Police?

Ask Alex about his faith in U.S. Police.

It's their job to investigate, not ours. If you don't like the US police stay out of the US.

Bubbles always acted like a bit of a tool in the show, now he's acting like a bit of tool in real life...

TORONTO, April 2, 2016 /CNW/ - Regarding Mike Smith's involvement in an incident that occurred early Friday, April 1st in Hollywood, following are statements issued by the participants:

Georgia Ling, described as the victim in this incident, stated: "Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police. At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike".

Mike Smith commented: "Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute. That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

The other members of the Trailer Park Boys and all staff stand behind Mike and look forward to the matter being resolved favourably.

Why do people care about this Bubbles guy? What's the fascination? It's not just because he's in some TV show. It's because there's some loose association with RUSH. Some people on here actually think he's part of RUSH folklore. I think some of them think he's in the band or want him in the band. Listen Bubbles is just a guy who plays a knobhead in a crap TV show, that's it.

I had never even heard of the idiot until all this blew up.

• Like 1