Bubbles arrested for choking a woman

Disembodied Spirit

Bubbles always acted like a bit of a tool in the show, now he's acting like a bit of tool in real life...

TORONTO, April 2, 2016 /CNW/ - Regarding Mike Smith's involvement in an incident that occurred early Friday, April 1st in Hollywood, following are statements issued by the participants:

Georgia Ling, described as the victim in this incident, stated: "Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police. At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike".

Mike Smith commented: "Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute. That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

The other members of the Trailer Park Boys and all staff stand behind Mike and look forward to the matter being resolved favourably.

Why do people care about this Bubbles guy? What's the fascination? It's not just because he's in some TV show. It's because there's some loose association with RUSH. Some people on here actually think he's part of RUSH folklore. I think some of them think he's in the band or want him in the band. Listen Bubbles is just a guy who plays a knobhead in a crap TV show, that's it.

I had never even heard of the idiot until all this blew up.

And now you're watching everything you can of his on youtube!

So at what point are all the people in this thread who bad mouthed the guy going to apologize for their lack of judgement?

I don't care if Bubbles is innocent or guilty, I don't like him and don't understand all the interest in him on this forum, which has been my point all along. I just cannot understand anybody even taking any notice of this so called "actor". How do you feel about that Kenny boy???

So at what point are all the people in this thread who bad mouthed the guy going to apologize for their lack of judgement?

I don't care if Bubbles is innocent or guilty, I don't like him and don't understand all the interest in him on this forum, which has been my point all along. I just cannot understand anybody even taking any notice of this so called "actor". How do you feel about that Kenny boy???

I feel confused that you'd have so much interest in this thread then.

And if you don't understand the inexorable link between a Rush forum and an actor who's appeared on stage with Rush, who's joined Rush in the studio, who's appeared in the videos that accompany Rush's live performance, and who's had Alex Lifeson in his shows numerous times as a recurring character; then I'm not sure what to say.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

I feel confused that you'd have so much interest in this thread then.

And if you don't understand the inexorable link between a Rush forum and an actor who's appeared on stage with Rush, who's joined Rush in the studio, who's appeared in the videos that accompany Rush's live performance, and who's had Alex Lifeson in his shows numerous times as a recurring character; then I'm not sure what to say.

Yes I understand that he's hung with Rush in the studio, but this is where the not liking him bit comes in. I don't like it. What can I tell you?

And as for coming to the thread and continually posting about this, it's like that cut you have that has scabbed over, you know you shouldn't scratch it or pick at it but you do it anyway. Sometimes you've just got to scratch.

Edited by treeduck

He still got arrested. It does not matter what we think.

The police had to have some evidence to arrest him. They arrested him for misdemeanor assault.

Misdemeanor assault, generally means an act of violence against another person but can actually include any physical contact made without consent.

Again- SOMETHING happened enough police felt she wasn't safe.

Just because she is now saying...nothing happened does mean NOTHING HAPPENED

The police had to have some evidence to arrest him. They arrested him for misdemeanor assault.

Misdemeanor assault, generally means an act of violence against another person but can actually include any physical contact made without consent.

Lots of innocent people get arrested.

That's why we have a judicial process.

Exactly, so how are you so sure he is innocent?

You just contradicted yourself. You want people to apologize BECAUSE he is innocent, but yet he will have his day in court?

He WILL have his day in court and like I said previously, NOTHING will happen. Charges will be dismissed. Another scared woman will back down from a thug

You just contradicted yourself. You want people to apologize BECAUSE he is innocent, but yet he will have his day in court?

He WILL have his day in court and like I said previously, NOTHING will happen. Charges will be dismissed. Another scared woman will back down from a thug

Thats a lot of rhetoric coming from you. Kinda surprised at your response to be honest.

Thats a lot of rhetoric coming from you. Kinda surprised at your response to be honest.

It's not rhetoric- He was arrested. That is a fact.

What the circumstances are of what police saw, heard as they approached, was enough to arrest him

Loud argument, possibly, if so, he's a child in a man's body.

Why would you defend a potential woman beater? Again, NOTHING will come from this. She won't press charges, and the police more than likely HEARD more than they witnessed.

But coming to defense of a person, just because you like them...that's idiotic.

What the circumstances are of what police saw, heard as they approached, was enough to arrest him

Why would you defend a potential woman beater? Again, NOTHING will come from this. She won't press charges, and the police more than likely HEARD more than they witnessed.

You called him a thug. You dont know what actually went down and are just speculating his guilt because you dont like him ergo an ad hominem attack.

You called him a thug. You dont know what actually went down and are just speculating his guilt because you dont like him ergo an ad hominem attack.

Arguing loudly with a woman PERIOD is wrong.

Doing it in a Public place with no concern that others will hear you?, Means you have a serious problem

And YES, it takes 2 people to argue. But at no point, either person says calm down? Neither person backs off, walks away?

And it goes on long enough for police to be called; dispatched and someone gets arrested?

At the very least he's immature. He is 44 YEARS OLD! He is not a child. He should know better.

That makes him irresponsible and a thug because he is not grown up enough to talk but only yell at a woman

BTW- They did not arrest him for Public Drunk, drug possession, it was Assault.......That means a sober man was not aware of his surroundings and that makes him even more of an uncontrolled thug

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

Doing it in a Public place with no concern that others will hear you?, Means you have a serious problem

And YES, it takes 2 people to argue. But at no point, either person says calm down? Neither person backs off, walks away?

And it goes on long enough for police to be called; dispatched and someone gets arrested?

At the very least he's immature. He is 44 YEARS OLD! He is not a child. He should know better.

That makes him irresponsible and a thug because he is not grown up enough to talk but only yell at a woman

BTW- They did not arrest him for Public Drunk, drug possession, it was Assault.......That means a sober man was not aware of his surroundings and that makes him even more of an uncontrolled thug

More rhetoric. Lets wait for the case to be heard in court before we continue to make blanket accusations and assumptions about what went down here. They had an argument. A heated argument. In a public place? Its not like they had a knock down drag out brouhaha in the hotel lobby. They were having a heated argument in their room. Police were called. Yes they should have been adults and known when they were gong too far. They Couldn't. End of story.

Innocent until proven. Let the case be heard.

More rhetoric. Lets wait for the case to be heard in court before we continue to make blanket accusations and assumptions about what went down here. They had an argument. A heated argument. In a public place? Its not like they had a knock down drag out brouhaha in the hotel lobby. They were having a heated argument in their room. Police were called. Yes they should have been adults and known when they were gong too far. They Couldn't. End of story.

Truce - I fear we may never hear the complete story, it will be a hearing, not a trial

But NOTHING will happen it will be dismissed, pay a fine etc.

I pray he learned his lesson, time will tell

• Like 1

You know that typing phrases in ALL CAPS is the internet equivalent of arguing loudly, right?

• Like 1

Truce - I fear we may never hear the complete story, it will be a hearing, not a trial

But NOTHING will happen it will be dismissed, pay a fine etc.

I pray he learned his lesson, time will tell

Yes and if he does in fact have a problem (he possibly does, he is not completely innocent fwiw) he owns up and attempts to clean up his act before someone actually does get hurt.

You know that typing phrases in ALL CAPS is the internet equivalent of arguing loudly, right?

I typed specific words in CAPS not phrases but thanks for chiming in Kenny

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

You seem to have some intimate knowledge of this incident. What aren't you telling us?

What is somewhat odd ( telling ? ) is the fact that Smith was arrested ..

Here is a quote from Smith's "friend" Georgia Ling:

"The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike."

That usually doesn't happen when two people are simply arguing, esp in closed quarters ..

Smith probably wasn't in character ( stunning as that might seem ), so the cops probably didn;t know who he was ..

Now, I am just assuming here, but assumptions based on common sense ..

Smith must have been very agitated for the cops to arrest him ... The arrest tells me that the police did not feel comfortable leaving Smith there at the scene with Ling ..

And what does "mistakenly perceive" mean ?? .. Was it the volume, the tone, or the actual words Smith used ?? .. Or did the people who called the police hear **** being thrown around ??

Edited by Lucas