Foo Fighter's Big Announcement

Bigbobby10

Oh man, if only the foos were as important or as good as they think they are......

They are amazing tbh, way better than Nirvana ever was at least

Ehhhhh....

Foos are decent. I think Ghrol does a fine job apeing his influences.

However, Nirvana Unplugged is an album that DG could never top. They should be immortalized for that alone.

Oh man, if only the foos were as important or as good as they think they are......

Well that's just damning by faint praise

Decent live act, patchy albums, full of self-importance.

Ehhhhh....

Foos are decent. I think Ghrol does a fine job apeing his influences.

However, Nirvana Unplugged is an album that DG could never top. They should be immortalized for that alone.

I could just never get into the "I'm depressed and I want to die" music ... To each his own though ... I do like cobains vocals on some of their tunes ... I much prefer DGs singing though

• Like 2

I thought the video was great. "I need some phony bolony". "Just me...and I'm free". Funny stuff!!!

And yeah, I really like them as a band. Better than Nirvana by a country mile.

• Like 2

Well that's just damning by faint praise

Decent live act, patchy albums, full of self-importance.

What should they be full of? Self-loathing?
  • Like 1

I love Dave Grohl. The blonde haired Jesus on the drums is overrated as a speaker and as a drummer.

I was there in LA when RUSH was inducted to the HALL OF FAME.

Blondie was useless like tiny titties on a big bull!!

I love Blondie by the way.

f**k the POO RIDERS!

They are a rip off NIRVANA band from Xanadu.

Yep. Makes no sense right?

That's the pointless point of point.

One riff wonders.

I would rather watch Wonder Woman fly in her invisible plane naked than listen to this third grader rock and roll.

Grohl should leave this shitty band. He is better than all of it.

I saw Nirvana at The Cow Palace on New Years' Eve. Pearl Jam opened. Nirvana was next. They sucked asshole. Dave did his Keith Moon impersonation and destroyed his drum set.

Even my young mind at the time thought, "CLICHE."

The Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined.

Whatever.

Nirvana and POO IGNITERS SUCK ASS!!!

Any band who writes a song called "MOSIT VAGAINA" must SUCK.

Get it?

I think it's hilarious. Not many bands have the sense of humor these guys do about themselves.

I don't think their fans even have this degree of introspection.

I thought it was funny. Better yet it's a great commentary on social media where, even when a band says "Hey, we're going to take some time off and not break up..." that people still insist it's true because someone posted it on Facebook or Twitter because more people are interested in spreading a juicy rumor (and certainly one they HOPE is true) than they are discussing what's actually true...something which is painfully easy to do with social media today. So it was a great little "feck you."

I'm a huge fan of the band. People like to make fun of their music or think Grohl is just an attention whore, but that's your opinion. You probably weren't going to or already didn't like them/him anyhow....so that's just venting your 2 cents. Lots of bands I dislike too, so perfectly fair.

To me Foos are on a pretty short list of bands who, to me, carry the ambassador flag for rock. They have a sense of humor, they LOVE the artists they work and tour with (big fans of the music and not uptight and snooty pretentious bitches), they have a great sense of melody, harmony and aggression...while being able to take it down acoustic or rock out with the best of folks out there. Along the way they've worked with and earned the respect of everyone from Lemmy to Paul McCartney. I don't know about you, but I would die a thousand happy deaths if I got to do the things Dave Grohl does week in and out because I'm a fan of music myself...and the notion of writing a tune with a Beatle or becoming friends with Lem just doesn't suck. That gets a lot of press so naturally that leads to people dumping on them. That's life.

But I'll tell you what...they're a first ballot Hall Of Fame lock and one of the cooler bands of their ilk on the scene today (add Rival Sons on a much more secretive level), like 'em or not. I happen to really dig them and their attitude, which I find healthy and refreshing. :)

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 8

I thought it was funny. Better yet it's a great commentary on social media where, even when a band says "Hey, we're going to take some time off and not break up..." that people still insist it's true because someone posted it on Facebook or Twitter because more people are interested in spreading a juicy rumor (and certainly one they HOPE is true) than they are discussing what's actually true...something which is painfully easy to do with social media today. So it was a great little "feck you."

I'm a huge fan of the band. People like to make fun of their music or think Grohl is just an attention whore, but that's your opinion. You probably weren't going to or already didn't like them/him anyhow....so that's just venting your 2 cents. Lots of bands I dislike too, so perfectly fair.

To me Foos are on a pretty short list of bands who, to me, carry the ambassador flag for rock. They have a sense of humor, they LOVE the artists they work and tour with (big fans of the music and not uptight and snooty pretentious bitches), they have a great sense of melody, harmony and aggression...while being able to take it down acoustic or rock out with the best of folks out there. Along the way they've worked with and earned the respect of everyone from Lemmy to Paul McCartney. I don't know about you, but I would die a thousand happy deaths if I got to do the things Dave Grohl does week in and out because I'm a fan of music myself...and the notion of writing a tune with a Beatle or becoming friends with Lem just doesn't suck. That gets a lot of press so naturally that leads to people dumping on them. That's life.

But I'll tell you what...they're a first ballot Hall Of Fame lock and one of the cooler bands of their ilk on the scene today (add Rival Sons on a much more secretive level), like 'em or not. I happen to really dig them and their attitude, which I find healthy and refreshing. :)

:goodone: :notworthy: :cheers:

• Like 2