Does anyone watch college basketball?

Aikenrooster

Yikes. Almost blew a 19 point lead...still counts as a win though. 12-3 with at Ill, at Iowa, and home vs the Terps left. A road win is never a given. But Iowa is falling apart down the stretch, so maybe the Hoosiers can take that one. We'll see if the Terps can put it back together, they kind of seem like a team whose parts are greater than the sum of the whole.

I meant to watch this last night, after the TAMU upset of UK, but I fell asleep. Glad Indiana won.

Yep, me too.

What did you think of the tech on the UK player?

Pretty silly , but hey it's UK so I'll Let it slide. :D

• Like 1

In my younger days I followed it closely. Now, spending most of my nights and weekends watching youth hockey and basketball, I don't follow it much at all.

I'll echo goose's point that the first round of the NCAA tournament is the most exciting sporting event by a lot.

I bet whichever team you'd root for would play with under inflated balls

:outtahere:

• Like 1

In my younger days I followed it closely. Now, spending most of my nights and weekends watching youth hockey and basketball, I don't follow it much at all.

I'll echo goose's point that the first round of the NCAA tournament is the most exciting sporting event by a lot.

My guess is BC. Their hoops program epitomizes the ethics of teams from that area.

• Like 1

Being a UK grad clearly I'm a fan of college ball and this year has been crazy and fun to watch. The season begins and we all think the same big four of UK, Kansas, UNC and Duke plus Michigan State are just gonna cruise to the final four again....WRONG!

At this point I really have no way to predict who's gonna do what but...I will go out on a limb (not!) and say at least Kansas and Oklahoma (always ride the great player in the tourney) will be in the final four. Maybe UNC but they've been so unpredictable. Then again after the UK game Seldon has done nothing for Kansas. It's damn near a crapshoot.

I really don't get the UK hate. Puke hate I understand though. f**k Duke.

Being a UK grad clearly I'm a fan of college ball and this year has been crazy and fun to watch. The season begins and we all think the same big four of UK, Kansas, UNC and Duke plus Michigan State are just gonna cruise to the final four again....WRONG!

At this point I really have no way to predict who's gonna do what but...I will go out on a limb (not!) and say at least Kansas and Oklahoma (always ride the great player in the tourney) will be in the final four. Maybe UNC but they've been so unpredictable. Then again after the UK game Seldon has done nothing for Kansas. It's damn near a crapshoot.

I think the Big XII has had the best regular season and it's not even close. I also think they'll underperform in the tournament, their style doesn't seem that well suited for tournament play.

I think the Big XII has had the best regular season and it's not even close. I also think they'll underperform in the tournament, their style doesn't seem that well suited for tournament play.

Yes. No question, brutal conference this year. I think the ACC took a step back somewhow, perhaps Virginia's early season regression..but here they come.

Oh and I will say that I CANNOT STAND to watch Virginia play...my god they're interminable and they pound the ball into ground and kill clock...AGH! People here talk about Bennett being a replacement for Cal or Pitino at UL...NO! I want no part of that style of ball.

Yes. No question, brutal conference this year. I think the ACC took a step back somewhow, perhaps Virginia's early season regression..but here they come.

Oh and I will say that I CANNOT STAND to watch Virginia play...my god they're interminable and they pound the ball into ground and kill clock...AGH! People here talk about Bennett being a replacement for Cal or Pitino at UL...NO! I want no part of that style of ball.

If Gard's team hadn't come through for him, he'd be the next coach at Wisconsin. I think Alvarez' hand might be forced to hire Gard but I think he'd rather hire Bennett.

If Gard's team hadn't come through for him, he'd be the next coach at Wisconsin. I think Alvarez' hand might be forced to hire Gard but I think he'd rather hire Bennett.

Yep, for sure, that would've been a logical step for Bennett.

Yep, for sure, that would've been a logical step for Bennett.

They were unwatchable with his dad. But they were the most successful they'd been up till then (since 1941 at least, and they probably played a more up tempo style then). Of course, Ryan's teams weren't the best to watch up until the last couple of years, either.

Where have you been LiX?

Where have you been LiX?

check out the how handy thread in RS. Plus stupid work

You could have PMd me... I thought you cared

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Where have you been LiX?

I wanted to give you your space. If someone comes back it was meant to be, and all that. :)

Where have you been LiX?

I wanted to give you your space. If someone comes back it was meant to be, and all that. :)

If you love someone, set them free...

:facepalm: to me, now I have that damned Sting song running through my head.

• Like 2

Amped for the Big Tourney. Saint Pat's Day as well!
  • Like 1

Are we going to see a Zagless tourney for what I think is the first time this century?

After big wins against two hated orange teams (Florida and Tennessee), my beloved Roosters fall to Mississippi State on the road in Starkville, by 10. 6 conference losses, and now we've fallen to 3rd place in the conference. Hopefully, we can still make the big dance.

After big wins against two hated orange teams (Florida and Tennessee), my beloved Roosters fall to Mississippi State on the road in Starkville, by 10. 6 conference losses, and now we've fallen to 3rd place in the conference. Hopefully, we can still make the big dance.

I think you guys are squarely on the bubble. 52nd in kenpom. Huge fall in conference play..

Are we going to see a Zagless tourney for what I think is the first time this century?

That would be something! No Zags and an EWU Eagles birth would give me bragging rights over my buddy.

That would be something! No Zags and an EWU Eagles birth would give me bragging rights over my buddy.

Looks like they'll need to win their conference tournament. EWU is third in their conference according to computers rankings, so The Zags do have the better chance.

I believe the weekend of both my son's hockey team is playing in a tournament out of state. Which means all of the team families stay in a hotel. Of the 15 or so kids on the team, NONE of them aren't Irish. How do you think that's going to go at the hotel with the basketball and St. Paddy's going on?

• Like 1

I believe the weekend of both my son's hockey team is playing in a tournament out of state. Which means all of the team families stay in a hotel. Of the 15 or so kids on the team, NONE of them aren't Irish. How do you think that's going to go at the hotel with the basketball and St. Paddy's going on?

Do hockey people drink?