2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Way to go, Encarnation and Jays !! Ged will leave the stadium a happy guy. Bring on the Rangers!

BTW, the baseball graphics on TBS are lousy. They don't have the name of the current pitcher anywhere on the screen, or his pitch count. Just sayin'.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-04%20at%2011.41.06%20PM.png

• Like 1

And now for the resumption of the Tx Tor drama. Ill be there thurs afternoon to see who gets checked. I'll be watching for a Ged sighting as well.

I'm not real thrilled, to be honest. A week of having to look at that a**hat Bautista, and then the chance of our outfield having to dodge racial slurs and beer cans in Toronto? I was definitely rooting for Baltimore.

• Like 2

And now for the resumption of the Tx Tor drama. Ill be there thurs afternoon to see who gets checked. I'll be watching for a Ged sighting as well.

I'm not real thrilled, to be honest. A week of having to look at that a**hat Bautista, and then the chance of our outfield having to dodge racial slurs and beer cans in Toronto? I was definitely rooting for Baltimore.

Last year TOR had home field, and the away team won 4 of the 5 games, with the Jays winning game 5. You guys have home field this year, so grabbing those first two in Arlington is crucial.

• Like 3

Last year TOR had home field, and the away team won 4 of the 5 games, with the Jays winning game 5. You guys have home field this year, so grabbing those first two in Arlington is crucial.

I feel a little better about pulling this off than I did last year. But, our pitching is making me nervous.

• Like 2

I feel a little better about pulling this off than I did last year. But, our pitching is making me nervous.

Just saw a clip of that bomb by Encarnación. Holy smokes, he crush it! The Blue Jays are easy to root for... I'm on board! :cheerleader:

Just saw a clip of that bomb by Encarnación. Holy smokes, he crush it! The Blue Jays are easy to root for... I'm on board! :cheerleader:

They're cry babies.

• Like 3

The O's relief pitcher, who is normally a starter, who was in there in the 11th inning of a one-game playoff with runners on first and third and one out, who was facing the heart of the Jays' lineup, who was in there instead of ace closer and probable Cy Young candidate Zach Britton (who is a perfect 47-for-47 in saves on the year), served up a fat juicy meatball to Encarnación. In other words, Showalter f***ed up.

• Like 3

Also, games 3 and 4 in hoserville will feature distinct starter advantages for Tor. I see it going 5, and that's if Hamels returns to form.

Food for thought:

Rangers finish best record in AL. That got them back to back WEEKDAY afternoon games 330PM game today and noon tomorrow. Yet called Home Field advantage. Jays get night games at home BOTH nights for being Wild Card winner..hmm

Interesting

Food for thought:

Rangers finish best record in AL. That got them back to back WEEKDAY afternoon games 330PM game today and noon tomorrow. Yet called Home Field advantage. Jays get night games at home BOTH nights for being Wild Card winner..hmm

Interesting

It might be to Texas' advantage, though. The Rangers are conditioned to play in 90 degree plus temps, and it's 90 degrees here right now. With the humidity factored in, it feels like 94. We'll see how Toronto's endurance holds out in the heat and humidity.

Food for thought:

Interesting

It might be to Texas' advantage, though. The Rangers are conditioned to play in 90 degree plus temps, and it's 90 degrees here right now. With the humidity factored in, it feels like 94. We'll see how Toronto's endurance holds out in the heat and humidity.

Jays look pretty hot right now. Dammit.

• Like 3

Food for thought:

Interesting

Jays look pretty hot right now. Dammit.

It's not looking good for Hamels.

Odds going into the DSs, prior to today's games:

Based on record:

Cubs 69.1% SF 30.9%

Was 54.7% LA 45.3%

Tex 57% Tor 43%

Cle 51.9% Bos 48.1%

Based on run differential:

Cubs 71.9% SF 28.1%

Was 59.6% LA 40.4%

Tex 38.9% Tor 61.1%

Cle 48.9% Bos 51.1%

What is happening with Hamels? This is really, really bad! :(

Holy cow. Sorry to see what happened. In more ways than one.

Yours,

Bitter Phillies Phan

Thanks, Lerxt. That definitely could have gone better. The only positive the Rangers can take away from that debacle is at least it wasn't a wild card game.