Rank the KING'S X discography for me please

Jumping in now finally. I have had and loved Faith Hope Love for over 20 years -- one of my favorite albums of that entire decade, but for some reason I never continued. Time to change that kids.

Please also share a brief thought about each album, however brief or wordy as you want to be.

A thousand thanks..!

Presto,

This is band I also, have never listed too. I am going to dive is as well and cull a majority from everyones top 3 and start with those 3 albums. I binged purchased everything from Rival Sons and love them now.

I am ready for another band to add to the inventory!!

Ear Candy i've Decided is tied at number 1 for me now. Beautiful Record.

Mick

Really? It's not had a big impact on me, but it is really beautiful! I love the Beatles influence!

• Like 2

Mick

Really? It's not had a big impact on me, but it is really beautiful! I love the Beatles influence!

oh absolutely

I find these discussion's fascinating. just because how people hear things. I would never put Gretchen near the top but it's in high regaurd for most. that is interesting to me.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

oh absolutely

I find these discussion's fascinating. just because how people hear things. I would never put Gretchen near the top but it's in high regaurd for most. that is interesting to me.

Mick

I enjoy Hemispheres but I wouldn't miss it if the thing got lost in a fire. I getcha!

• Like 1

Mick

Ear Candy has always been 1 or 2 for me. You are so correct...it's a beautiful record. I remember taking a break from KX after Dogman...but then I discovered Ear Candy and I was back on the train!

http://www.kramerskorner.com/ty-doug-jerry.jpg

• Like 1

Mick

oh absolutely

Mick

Gretchen is somewhat their "Moving Pictures"...Over My Head is their Tom Sawyer. Love Gretchen, but I'm more drawn on a regular basis to other albums in the catalog

• Like 1

I have two King's X albums and because of this thread I am going to give them another chance.

This morning I listened to Gretchen Goes to Nebraska and it left me feeling a little empty. Songs built around tons of riffs and a solid rhythm section. I admit the riffs pull me in but after that I don't find much to the songs. The melodies are okay and I think that's the problem for me - the melodies just don't grab me and hold my interest. All in all, it's not a bad album but nothing really separates it from the pack. I give it a 6/10.

Up next is Faith Hope Love.

• Like 1

I have two King's X albums and because of this thread I am going to give them another chance.

This morning I listened to Gretchen Goes to Nebraska and it left me feeling a little empty. Songs built around tons of riffs and a solid rhythm section. I admit the riffs pull me in but after that I don't find much to the songs. The melodies are okay and I think that's the problem for me - the melodies just don't grab me and hold my interest. All in all, it's not a bad album but nothing really separates it from the pack. I give it a 6/10.

You hit it on the head for me. it's good.......but NOTHING sticks. unlike other KX Records. when it's done i've forgotten it all.

Mick

You hit it on the head for me. it's good.......but NOTHING sticks. unlike other KX Records. when it's done i've forgotten it all.

Mick

This all applies to a certain Broadway themed record you may be overhyping lol

• Like 1

Mick

Shut. up.

Mr. Lady Gaga is a legend.

lol.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Shut. up.

lol.

Mick

Elton John?

• Like 1

Mick

Shut. up.

lol.

Mick

Elton John?

Why throw him out there? he is an actual legend.

bad example bud.

lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Shut. up.

lol.

Mick

Elton John?

bad example bud.

lol

Mick

No, you said Mr Lady Gaga, and he is writing with her for her new album, so I was like "did he think I meant him?"

• Like 1

Mick

Shut. up.

lol.

Mick

Elton John?

bad example bud.

lol

Mick

No, you said Mr Lady Gaga, and he is writing with her for her new album, so I was like "did he think I meant him?"

oh no i meant when you called lady gaga a legend.

which ya did, lol

Seriously or not.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

Shut. up.

lol.

Mick

Elton John?

bad example bud.

lol

Mick

oh no i meant when you called lady gaga a legend.

which ya did, lol

Seriously or not.

mICK

I think she is. Her music has yet to catch up with her charisma.

Off topic...

All of Segue's reference pics of Ratt and Dokken are trippin' me out...

Those 2 bands shaped my mid-high school years (yes, I'm old). I was probably into them as hard as I've been into Rush and King's X the last 25 years, seriously.

Anyway, back on topic...lol

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

Off topic...

Those 2 bands shaped my mid-high school years (yes, I'm old). I was probably into them as hard as I've been into Rush and King's X the last 25 years, seriously.

they are such good fun!

• Like 1

Off topic...

they are such good fun!

I'm getting flashbacks to 1985. I once laughed at a classmates Power Windows t-shirt while I was wearing my Ratt tour tee...oh my how things have changed. :laughing yellow guy:

I still love Ratt and Dokken...don't judge me folks!

• Like 1

Off topic...

they are such good fun!

I'm getting flashbacks to 1985. I once laughed at a classmates Power Windows t-shirt while I was wearing my Ratt tour tee...oh my how things have changed. :laughing yellow guy:

Who cares if they do judge?

Love what you love!

• Like 2

Off topic...

they are such good fun!

Too late!! ;)

• Like 2