Super Bowl Fiftyippieki-yay

Crimsonmistymemory

The Panthers' OC should walk the plank. He made no effort to adjust to what Phillips had the Denver D doing. I don't see how he stays.

When Mike Shula was OC of my Buccaneers his offensive scheme was just as vanilla, predictable and boring as Lovie Smith's Defense

I'm surprised he didn't ask his dad how best to prepare the field to hinder the Broncos' D.

http://i.imgur.com/tcHAC7e.jpg

He deserves criticism for letting up on the play, but he was literally standing over the loose ball, which is the worst place to be.

Ironically, he got himself too close to the ball to have a chance. Had he tried to dive on it, he would have never gotten his hands on it. Maybe his knees would have touched it.... :D

• Like 1

He deserves criticism for letting up on the play, but he was literally standing over the loose ball, which is the worst place to be.

Ironically, he got himself too close to the ball to have a chance. Had he tried to dive on it, he would have never gotten his hands on it. Maybe his knees would have touched it.... :D

the only thing I can come up with to defend him, is maybe he thought that outreaching hand going for the ball belonged to a Panther .. maybe

the only thing I can come up with to defend him, is maybe he thought that outreaching hand going for the ball belonged to a Panther .. maybe

To me it looks like he was trying to avoid a head on collision with another panther. But to me this would be the same situation of risking being hit by rushing the football. He should've made getting to ball back in his teams hands the too priority.

Ok I was channel surfing, watched the game and Downton Abbey at the same time, fell asleep sometime after the halftime show and I have no idea how either ended. :facepalm: :LOL: Whoo hoo!!! Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

Broncos defense the stuff of legend!

Many said we wouldn't. I was confident we would!

World Champions!

Piss on you, Cam Newton. MVP of the league and he can't be a man and talk to the media. I knew we could rattle him! I was right!

Grow up boy

Ugh! This reminds of Rich Gannon! MVP of the League in 2002. Threw a million interceptions in the Stuper Bowl. Gruden knew everything going on in Gannon's mind. EPIC FAIL.

• Like 3

You can't blame Cam for acting that way. He was sad knowing how much this loss will affect his brand and endorsements. But he can still probably do a commercial for Puffs. Cam...your 2 fumbles allowed them to score easy TDs....that's on you. Much closer game without the TDs. I will say Ginn is a gigantic :pussy: that doesn't want to get hit. That one long pass he could have cut back and scored. Instead he went out of bounds when the defender wasn't even within 4 yards. Other Panthers receivers sucked balls as well...too many drops.

I thought that too about Ginn when I first saw the play, but on one replay it looked like he lost the handle on the ball about two or three steps before he went out. If that's the case, his move makes a lot of sense.

It looks like he trips a little, loses the ball, resecures it, and decides just to go out rather than do something stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFVeffMV6c

This is what a quarterback should do when he fumbles:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1252809/drew_brees_injury.gif

Yes, it makes sense to be out for an entire year chasing a fumble in a meaningless week 17 game.

This is what a quarterback should do when he fumbles:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1252809/drew_brees_injury.gif

Yes, it makes sense to be out for an entire year chasing a fumble in a meaningless week 17 game.

So he'd look better doing the Cam dab then instead?

Denver is a bunch of Grinders apparently

#1 Defenses appearing in Super Bowls are now 10-2.

Yep My Buccaneers are 1 of those 10 as they had the number 1 defense vs the number one offense (Raiders) in Super Bowl 37... Man those were the daze :D

A dominant performance in that Super Bowl for sure. Played this century too.

Yeah, the Bucs defense had a ton more return yards and touchdowns than the Super Bowl MVP :wacko: did the year before. Right in the middle of a five year stretch of QB mediocrity and defenses carrying their team at the big game.

• Like 1

You can't blame Cam for acting that way.

Actually, you can, as he's the only one that has control over it. But he'll be judged more harshly on his reaction because of his race. That's a fact. Just ask Jay Cutler.

;)

He should have just repeated "On to Wofford" 45 times no matter the question like a truly mature person should have done. Or does that kind of thing only work for a white guy.

World Champions!

Piss on you, Cam Newton. MVP of the league and he can't be a man and talk to the media. I knew we could rattle him! I was right!

Grow up boy

Ugh! This reminds of Rich Gannon! MVP of the League in 2002. Threw a million interceptions in the Stuper Bowl. Gruden knew everything going on in Gannon's mind. EPIC FAIL.

I really enjoyed Super Bowl 37 but for me the NFC Championship victory at Philadelphia was the Super Bowl for me. The Buccaneers exorcized so many demons that day. It truely was the launching pad to winning it all. A perfect retirement party for the old Vet :ebert: :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

World Champions!

Grow up boy

I really enjoyed Super Bowl 37 but for me the NFC Championship victory at Philadelphia was the Super Bowl for me. The Buccaneers exorcized so many demons that day. It truely was the launching pad to winning it all. A perfect retirement party for the old Vet :ebert: :D

World Champions!

Grow up boy

Hahahaha! Glad I can laugh at it now. I was never a huge Gannon fan but I really thought the Raiders were going to crush your Fucaneers. LOL! Oh well. The Bucs deserved it.

NY Times nails it...

It was as if Newton were intent on taking his magical season, his jumping jacks and dabs and evident leadership, and poking a hole in its side. He let his charisma and leadership drain away, to be replaced by a soup of the sour and the petulant. And in doing so, he confirmed the judgment of more than a few Broncos defenders, who spoke afterward of trying to push him off his game psychologically.

The Panthers rookie wide receiver Devin Funchess took question after question. “It was playoff ball, man, they exploded off the ball,” he said. “It hurts.”And their big defensive end, Charles Johnson, spoke of not having “the energy we usually have. “We didn’t execute like we usually do,” he added.Over in the corner of the interview room, only the top-paid player on the team, the marquee man, came up short.So often we feed our perceptions through the desultory sausage maker of race, and Newton’s postgame performance is being treated on Twitter as a referendum on such questions. This is unfortunate, not to mention silly. Newton’s Panthers teammates and coaches who stood and answered questions, painfully, gamely, were black, white and Latino, veteran and rookie alike.

Grace in defeat observes no racial litmus test. The white Detroit Pistons center Bill Laimbeer was a graceless cad in defeat. Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, to name two, were sterling gold. Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich has turned surliness into a shtick that should be beneath him. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady behaved well two weeks back, as did Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson the week before that.

And so on and on it goes. It’s simply pleasing to come across an athlete who in the face of, yes, inevitable and not terribly interesting questions, and on the heels of a tough defeat, carries himself well. And it can be a part of the elixir that constitutes leadership, as the Broncos defenders suggested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/09/sports/super-bowl-carolina-panthers-cam-newton.html?_r=0

• Like 4

I think the Panthers will have a major 'super bowl loser' hangover next year and not even make playoffs. Cam's teammates will start too look at him as a selfish little biotch.

:LMAO:

Promise Panthers will improve their receiving corps next year. For starters they'll get their best one and #1 draft pick, Kelvin Benjamin back from season injury. And they are an all around young team with contracts in order. And y'all can hate Newton all you want, but he is just entering his prime. Selfish? Ha! He is going to give Panther fans plenty to cheer about for years to come.

• Like 1

More...

Afterward, the Broncos said this was the Newton, the young star too easily rattled and perhaps not yet equal to his moment, they had hoped to unleash.

“Hey, when things don’t go his way, we see the body language — it’s obvious,” Broncos safety T. J. Ward said of Newton. “That’s what we wanted to do. That was our intent: to come in this game and get the body language going. We didn’t want the happy, fun-spirited, dabbing Cam. No, we want the sulking, upset, talking to my linemen, my running backs, ‘I don’t know what’s going on’ Cam Newton — and that’s what we got.”
  • Like 4

Yep My Buccaneers are 1 of those 10 as they had the number 1 defense vs the number one offense (Raiders) in Super Bowl 37... Man those were the daze :D

Yeah, the Bucs defense had a ton more return yards and touchdowns than the Super Bowl MVP :wacko: did the year before. Right in the middle of a five year stretch of QB mediocrity and defenses carrying their team at the big game.

Meaningless stats are everything. Just ask Dan Marino.

Because you are a Brady fan I can see why you would eschew measurements of individual accomplishment in favor of team results despite individual performance.

Because you are a Brady fan I can see why you would eschew measurements of individual accomplishment in favor of team results despite individual performance.

3 Super Bowl MVPs. The most TD passes in a season by someone not in a 'roid rage.

Brady is one of two candidates for the best QB ever. Marino was in a very funny movie once.

3 Super Bowl MVPs. The most TD passes in a season by someone not in a 'roid rage.

So you don't know what roid rage is either? Wow, it is always surprising when you reveal the true depths of your ignorance.

• Like 1

So you don't know what roid rage is either? Wow, it is always surprising when you reveal the true depths of your ignorance.

He's not ignorant, he's trolling.

Brady MUST be great if he could convince MVP voters that someone who threw for 145 yards and averaged less than 5.5 yards per throw and a whopping 9 yards per completion that he was worthy of the honor. Just not at football.

Brady is one of two candidates for the best QB ever. Marino was in a very funny movie once.

Apparently, "Tom" doesn't even agree with your assessment. And since according to you he's incapable of lying, just go ahead and admit you're wrong now and save us a lot of time.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/2/8/10937342/tom-brady-doesnt-think-hes-one-of-the-best-ever-names-six-he