Holy Shiitake Mushrooms! I Met Dave Weckl Tonight! We Talked About "Burning For Buddy." Race Tracks, Divorce And Neil Peart's Playing Abilities!

RUSHHEAD666

Guess what???????????? March 6 is B-DAY !!!!!!

Wait a minute! Really Rob???? Dude!!! Things happen for a reason! Zoe's birthday is March 6th!!!!! My oldest daughter! She will be home with me for Spring Break!!!! You will met her! My youngest daughter will be in Portland on a soccer tournament. All good!! Hope you come!

Mine is March 5.

No way Pat! I should know your birthday but this is CRAZY!!!! I wish you could fly over the pond and come to my house party on your birthday!!! WOW!!!

So it's Rob and Pat's BD on the 5th and my daughter's 19th BD on the 6th! This party was going to be for a NEW BEGINNING but forget it! This party isn't about me. It's about having a great time with a bunch of friends!!!!

If I was a multimillionaire I would fly all of my friends out here who are around the world. Serious.

Sounds good Earl! :cheers: :ebert:

Awesome Pat! We were destined to be friends even though we have never met.

My goodness. Almost 10 years for me! That's nuts. A lot has happening during that "span of geological time."

I'm the LOON.

Signed,

"Time And Motion"

LOL!

I shouldn't bring her up but what has Wendy been up to lately? Did you ever notice anyone around her who was influencing her behaviour?

It's cool Pat. Luckily I have no clue about her or what she is doing. I haven't seen my second daughter or my pug in two weeks. It sucks but I am getting along just fine.

Oh yeah Pat, all of her little lame clique have been in her ear over the past two years.

I'm smart. I don't belong to any social media like "Disgracebook" or "Squatter." I'm only on here man.

She is the AC/DC album you enjoy, "Flick Of The Switch!" LOL!! She did a complete 180. Yet in her mind it was 100% my fault.

Glad to be alone.

Hopefully "FOREVER." I don't need a woman.

Signed,

Y&T

:LOL: :smoke:

Obviously her pals have turned her against you, still you're better off without her if that's how she is mate!

• Like 1

Wild man!!!!!!!! Heard good things about Yoshi's wouldnt mind see a show there

"Positive Attitude Positive Results"

Hahaha! You need to come down for a show! Sadly I took a look at the calendar for the next three months and there is nothing exciting. If they add anything cool I will let you know!!! Yep! PA = PR! I'm trying buddy. Music is keeping me positive.

Are you still having your party next month, Earl? Robert & Robyn can come down for that!

Gina r u going?? me and rockin Robyn will be there!!

I am going! And I'm going to try to bring a couple friends (Earl met them at a bar some weeks back). See you there!

Yep! Excellent! I like your friends! My friend Tony and Amanda will be there. They really hit it off Gina! Thanks! One of my best friends meets your friend and they hit it off.

I couldn't meet a good woman if she fell out of the night time sky naked and landed in my long awaited arms.

Guess Neil was right! I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend! LOL!!

Damn everything I write makes sense to me.

I am cursed.

And blessed.

:cheers:

Yeah, a party of yours sounds like a blast. Actually, I'll be hitting the mainland for my dad's birthday almost exactly a month after your bash. Wrong coast though. It'll be my first time there in over 3 years.

When your party is going down, I'll point a beer to the west and offer a toast telepathically. :blaze:

Hahahaha! That's a deal buddy! We will hook up a live video feed of the party and hack into Jim's server and put it up for all to see!! LOL!

I'm just kidding! I don't know shit about computers. I don't even have an avatar. Every time I try to add a picture it won't let me.

Anyway Happy Birthday to your dad a few months in advance. My father was born on April 3rd. So is your dad an Aries too?

What a coincidence!

My dad was born on April 3rd too!

Drat, I'm two days late. My bday is April 5th.

It's still incredible to me Gina.

Pat! You really are amazing. I'm serious now and I am not drunk. I will make a trip over to your neck of the woods. We have to meet! I also want to meet Jonny, Turbine Freight. I love him too!

They all turned against me.

I mean I'm no angel Pat, Wendy and I fought like cats and dogs, but I was always nice and respectful to her family.

Oh well Wendy made out like a bandit.

California Law. Not her fault.

Blame it on me for being a bread winner.

Lame.

I can only hope she remarries.

I doubt it though Pat and I am typing this on here for all to see so hopefully people can learn from my mistake.

Do you know that Wendy can sill live in her residence and fall in love with a man or a woman for all I give a shit. The man will stay in his home so that Wendy will still be able to collect an alimony check from me.

Yep, both of those new love birds will be living off of my money.

Ain't love "grand?"

Yeah,

"LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

• Like 2

Yeah, a party of yours sounds like a blast. Actually, I'll be hitting the mainland for my dad's birthday almost exactly a month after your bash. Wrong coast though. It'll be my first time there in over 3 years.

When your party is going down, I'll point a beer to the west and offer a toast telepathically. :blaze:

Hahahaha! That's a deal buddy! We will hook up a live video feed of the party and hack into Jim's server and put it up for all to see!! LOL!

I'm just kidding! I don't know shit about computers. I don't even have an avatar. Every time I try to add a picture it won't let me.

Anyway Happy Birthday to your dad a few months in advance. My father was born on April 3rd. So is your dad an Aries too?

What a coincidence!

My birthday is the same as Sean Connery & Gene Simmons. I'm like a secret agent demon hell spawn. :blaze:

• Like 1

What a coincidence!

My birthday is the same as Sean Connery & Gene Simmons. I'm like a secret agent demon hell spawn. :blaze:

That's awesome dude.

I'm totally cursed.

I was going to be born on Valentine's Day, but I was born at 3 am on Feb 15th.

No wonder I suck at LOVE.

LOVE IS A FIST

Signed,

MR. BUNGLE

What a coincidence!

That's awesome dude.

I'm totally cursed.

LOVE IS A FIST

Signed,

MR. BUNGLE

A quick check and you'll find that you share a birthday with the eternally hot Jane Seymour, American icon Matt Groening, metal guitarist Jake E. Lee, and someone who shared your intense hurricane-like energy : Chris Farley

http://i.imgur.com/2uUOrn7.gif

• Like 1

I couldn't meet a good woman if she fell out of the night time sky naked and landed in my long awaited arms.

Well, you did meet a good woman in the bar, but her name was WENDY! :o

Well, you did meet a good woman in the bar, but her name was WENDY! :o

Yep! I met Wendy 2.0. I've gone back to Dan's several times to find her. No luck! Tony has the luck Gina. He met Amanda twice and didn't ask for her number. Then that one night you all came over to Dan's BOOM! They met and again and so far so good! I'm happy for both of them. They will be at the party!

• Like 1

What a coincidence!

That's awesome dude.

I'm totally cursed.

LOVE IS A FIST

Signed,

MR. BUNGLE

A quick check and you'll find that you share a birthday with the eternally hot Jane Seymour, American icon Matt Groening, metal guitarist Jake E. Lee, and someone who shared your intense hurricane-like energy : Chris Farley

http://i.imgur.com/2uUOrn7.gif

Haha! That's awesome! I love Jake E Lee!!!!!!!! He's the "Ultimate Sinner!"

As for Chris he was amazing too! I am a "HURRICANE" Johnny!

Love,

Yesterday & Today

• Like 2

Weckl's great..love the stuff he did with Chick Corea's Elektrik (and Akoustic) bands! Watching one of his instructional videos years back when he was demonstrating his brush work STILL blows me away! Amazing drummer!

I think I've only met two great drummers...(the late) Roberto Petaccia (who was with Maynard Ferguson) and Billy Cobham. Both great guys to talk to, they give you all kinds of tips!

• Like 1

Awesome story Earl, you are THE MAN !!!

You are totally inspiring with your enthusiam

Thank you my brother!!!!

I'm not stupid!

I know many on here are annoyed by my outlandish, high energy threads and posts!! OH WELL!

I was born to annoy!

No wonder my wife left me! LOL!!!!

I will never change for anyone Lucas.

People on here can BLOCK ME if they don't like me.

I've made a ton of friends on here. That's actually important to me!!!!

I intend to be "SINGLE FOR LIFE, HALF WAY TO DEATH."

No woman would ever put up with me!!

I am fine.

This is my second week in a row living alone and I love it!!!

I just listened to the new Weckl Acoustic album that he signed for me. But now ABBA is playing!!!!! SUPER TROUPER!!!!!!

GHOST is up next.

How fitting............

CHEERS!!!!!!!!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

GREATEST BAND IN THIS GLORIOUS GHOST OF A CHANCE GALAXY!

Your enthusiasm and optimism is legendary around here. That's why I was so taken aback by...well you know.

That's all in the past keep doing what you do Sir.

• Like 1

Earl get Rendevous by Michel Càmilo, it's a trio with Càmilo on piano, the great Anthony Jackson on 6 string electric bass and Weckl.

An amazing album.

Weckl is probably why I still have it. Haven't pulled it out in ages though.

• Like 1

Weckl's great..love the stuff he did with Chick Corea's Elektrik (and Akoustic) bands! Watching one of his instructional videos years back when he was demonstrating his brush work STILL blows me away! Amazing drummer!

I think I've only met two great drummers...(the late) Roberto Petaccia (who was with Maynard Ferguson) and Billy Cobham. Both great guys to talk to, they give you all kinds of tips!

What??????? You met Billy Cobham????? You lucky bum!!!!!! "STRATUS!" "RED BARON!" "BIRDS OF FIRE!!" "INNER MOUNTING FLAME" OF LOVE!!!!

Billy blows my mind!!! Incredible. I could type drummers and drums all day. It's sad I could never find a real band but back when I was young I actually did the mature and right thing.

I had two beautiful baby girls with a young woman I really did love. I chose to run my dad's business instead of find rock and roll fame.

I have no regrets. In today's world my woman and I are done but my two incredible awesome amazing lovely daughters remain. I can't confirm that God truly does exist but still after all of the negativity I know that I am truly blesses.

Shit, where is this this post even going?

I need to lean to install a filter in my brain, but then again that wouldn't be any fun.

Listening to some Johnny Winter. Amazing stuff!

Awesome story Earl, you are THE MAN !!!

You are totally inspiring with your enthusiam

Thank you my brother!!!!

I'm not stupid!

I know many on here are annoyed by my outlandish, high energy threads and posts!! OH WELL!

I was born to annoy!

No wonder my wife left me! LOL!!!!

I will never change for anyone Lucas.

People on here can BLOCK ME if they don't like me.

I've made a ton of friends on here. That's actually important to me!!!!

I intend to be "SINGLE FOR LIFE, HALF WAY TO DEATH."

No woman would ever put up with me!!

I am fine.

This is my second week in a row living alone and I love it!!!

I just listened to the new Weckl Acoustic album that he signed for me. But now ABBA is playing!!!!! SUPER TROUPER!!!!!!

GHOST is up next.

How fitting............

CHEERS!!!!!!!!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

GREATEST BAND IN THIS GLORIOUS GHOST OF A CHANCE GALAXY!

Your enthusiasm and optimism is legendary around here. That's why I was so taken aback by...well you know.

That's all in the past keep doing what you do Sir.

Wow Tony! I am in total shock by your kind words. Believe me I know your style. I used to be labeled a whack job or a "jerk" around here.

I am flattered. So tattered!

You are totally cool in my eyes!

Cheers!

The Rolling Stones :)

Earl get Rendevous by Michel Càmilo, it's a trio with Càmilo on piano, the great Anthony Jackson on 6 string electric bass and Weckl.

An amazing album.

You are awesome!!

You have great taste!

Of course as the completist, insane, album addict that I am, I HAVE IT!!

Cheers!

Earl, I hope to meet you one day. You must be something else in person. :LOL: ;) :cheers: :cheers:

Hahaha! I'm not as crazy as most people think but yep I just got home after a night a partying. I love my single life!

It's ok I work out every day on my drums to keep in shape and to keep sharp!

Today I played "Hemispheres" twice.

Yep. I am crazy but I keep getting better every day. I'm very focused.

I actually played to Dave Weckl's album "Heads Up" today!!! That's harder to play to than "Hemispheres." LOL!!

Believe me, I am not a drum snob. I am not even close to being perfect but damn playing drums keeps me young!

I am just one human on a planet of billions! I am so happy to be part of this forum.

Anyway. I seriously hope I get to meet you soon!

Hey I'm having a party on March 5th! I wish you could come!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

Greatest band ever created on the planet.

Milky Way Middletown Dreams!

• Like 1

An amazing album.

Weckl is probably why I still have it. Haven't pulled it out in ages though.

I love your post. I will go out on a limb and say that you are also a drummer like me.

You practice all the time to Dave Weckl and Rush records in order to stay sharp in your mind and on your drum kit.

That's me man.

Thank Whoever for Rock And Roll and Drumming!!!!

I don't need a woman.

I have Neil Peart, Dave Weckl, Stewart Copeland, Simon Phillips, Steve Gadd, Tim Alexander, Billy Cobham, Bobby Blotzer, Wild Mick Brown, Tommy Lee, and Peter Criss. That's for Lucas and Troy.

"Hey Stoopid!" That ain't me!

Love,

Alice Cooper

"Only Women Bleed."

• Like 1

An amazing album.

You are awesome!!

You have great taste!

Of course as the completist, insane, album addict that I am, I HAVE IT!!

Cheers!

Yes. I AM awesome and yes I have great taste.

• Like 2

Earl, I hope to meet you one day. You must be something else in person. :LOL: ;) :cheers: :cheers:

earl is much less reserved in person.

Oh my.

Did he keep all of you in stitches?

Yep. Full energy, all the time.
  • Like 1

What??????? You met Billy Cobham????? You lucky bum!!!!!! "STRATUS!" "RED BARON!" "BIRDS OF FIRE!!" "INNER MOUNTING FLAME" OF LOVE!!!!

Billy blows my mind!!! Incredible. I could type drummers and drums all day. It's sad I could never find a real band but back when I was young I actually did the mature and right thing.

I had two beautiful baby girls with a young woman I really did love. I chose to run my dad's business instead of find rock and roll fame.

I have no regrets. In today's world my woman and I are done but my two incredible awesome amazing lovely daughters remain. I can't confirm that God truly does exist but still after all of the negativity I know that I am truly blesses.

Shit, where is this this post even going?

I need to lean to install a filter in my brain, but then again that wouldn't be any fun.

Listening to some Johnny Winter. Amazing stuff!

Yeah...he did a clinic in my area...what was funny was a few (old) friends of mine from my drum and bugle corps days were there also, and they KNEW him..so I was impressed with that! I'll have to put my autographed pic of him (The Modern Drummer cover) up some day....

Great guy! played like CRAZY! I'm an old Mahavishnu fan, so....

• Like 1