R2

MMCXII

Well here it is kids..the 1976 R2 tour! (Not to be confused with R2D2 which was the following year..!)

The boys were still trying to get inside this crazy drummer's head and everyone thought there wouldn't be any more albums... some things never change! (I fukking love this clip!) Enjoy!

• Like 14

Great video, this and All the Worlds a Stage really shows how amazing their early 70s work is.

Is that a documentary?

The Youtube Video is at the Capitol Theatre, I believe the same place where they made the live album, "All the World's a Stage"

ATWAS was recorded at Massey Hall, Toronto.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 2

Great video, this and All the Worlds a Stage really shows how amazing their early 70s work is.

Is that a documentary?

The Youtube Video is at the Capitol Theatre, I believe the same place where they made the live album, "All the World's a Stage"

ATWAS was recorded at Massey Hall in Toronto

• Like 1

Great version of Anthem! :ebert:

The guitar solo is so damn precise. He really used to be a f***ing monster live player.

Watching that show, he really was the the guy carrying the band.
  • Like 2

Great version of Anthem! :ebert:

The guitar solo is so damn precise. He really used to be a f***ing monster live player.

Watching that show, he really was the the guy carrying the band.

I agree. That changed to Neil during the sequencer era and has been on Geddy's shoulder's since then.

• Like 1

There was nobody like Rush - the chops, the great songs, the out of left field lyrics, Geddy's voice - and the sincerity .. They were just being themselves, it was amazing .. Alex was so inspired and fiery, and Neil was more reckless and loose .. The intro to Anthem is some of my favorite drumming from Neil ..

Does anyone know if they were opening for another band that night ?? - I mean, it seems logical considering what Geddy says at the beginning of 2112

• Like 1

There was nobody like Rush - the chops, the great songs, the out of left field lyrics, Geddy's voice - and the sincerity .. They were just being themselves, it was amazing .. Alex was so inspired and fiery, and Neil was more reckless and loose .. The intro to Anthem is some of my favorite drumming from Neil ..

Does anyone know if they were opening for another band that night ?? - I mean, it seems logical considering what Geddy says at the beginning of 2112

Foghat and Montrose. Can you imagine?
  • Like 2

They were on a triple bill that night- opening for Montrose and Foghat.

There is a bootleg sound recording of this night called Out of Hiding. It's very good, one of my favorites. Geddy's voice back then was just awesome.

• Like 2

Wow. Foghat was my first concert (saw 'em in '78...Judas Priest opened)...and saw Rush early the next year. I would loved to have seen them on the same bill.

• Like 3

Wow. Foghat was my first concert (saw 'em in '78...Judas Priest opened)...and saw Rush early the next year. I would loved to have seen them on the same bill.

Not to mention Montrose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA

One of the great rock drum intros!

• Like 1

I didn't know that! What a wicked show that'd be

Is that a documentary?

No true Rush fan...

;)

• Like 1

Not to mention Montrose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA

One of the great rock drum intros!

Eh?

It's like a weak version of When The Levee Breaks.