Geddy and His Bass

Lorraine

The Universe Divided version of Grand Finale is off the charts, as is the solo section in Working Man - Geddy is completely into the moment on these songs and doing what comes natural

The first song / set bass line that always comes to mind for me though is Circumstances

• Like 1

The Universe Divided version of Grand Finale is off the charts, as is the solo section in Working Man - Geddy is completely into the moment on these songs and doing what comes natural

The first song / set bass line that always comes to mind for me though is Circumstances

Which version of WM are you referring to?

Edited by Lorraine

There must be other bass players here.

Yesterday I was listening to a bootleg from the Grace Under Pressure tour. When I heard Kid Gloves, it sounded to me, especially in one part, as if it would be hard to play.

La Villa is an amazing song. I listened to it yesterday for the first time in a while and it sounded more amazing than ever. :)

Edited by Lorraine

Red Barchetta

YYZ

La Villa Strangiato

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

Working Man (live)

Xanadu

The Big Money

The Anarchist

All very hard bass lines. I can play them, but not like Ged can. I love to play them though, real challenges!

Edited by Disk98

Instead of just naming the songs, can you tell what it is that makes it so hard to play?

That's a loaded question. Hard to explain without knowing some music theory.

sometimes at the outro of a song when he is just noodling around my jaw drops, some really beautiful stuff there... but imo hemispheres is just plain inhuman
  • Like 2

Why start a topic about Geddy's fish? :huh:

Why not?

You got a point when you look at most of the other threads started in the Rush section. At least a thread about Geddy's fish hasn't already been made over a thousand times.

Why start a topic about Geddy's fish? :huh:

Why not?

You got a point when you look at most of the other threads started in the Rush section. At least a thread about Geddy's fish hasn't already been made over a thousand times.

Be grateful I didn't start a thread: Geddy and His Crabs ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2