Purple is in!

ReRushed

They probably thought that voting Purple in is throwing enough of a bone to the prog fans...so no Yes this year. <sarcasm> And of course we have to promote cultural diversity, so NWA is the token R&B or rap group this year <end sarcasm>. Random thought...it would be interesting to see Rush cover a Purple song, just to see Al rip it up. Unfortunately, Ged doesn't have the keyboard chops to match Lord.

If they want to promote diversity, they should have nominated Living Colour. Those first two albums are gold, Jerry.

• Like 2

They probably thought that voting Purple in is throwing enough of a bone to the prog fans...so no Yes this year. <sarcasm> And of course we have to promote cultural diversity, so NWA is the token R&B or rap group this year <end sarcasm>. Random thought...it would be interesting to see Rush cover a Purple song, just to see Al rip it up. Unfortunately, Ged doesn't have the keyboard chops to match Lord.

If they want to promote diversity, they should have nominated Living Colour. Those first two albums are gold, Jerry.

They are promoting musical diversity more with nwa going in than living color

No they don't even care about prog fans, or consider them or are even aware of them. They probably think prog fans died out in 1978.

Still no Yes, Cars, ELO, Cure, Dire Straits or Roxy Music but what to you expect from an institution run by a magazine that puts Minaj,Kartrashian,Weeknd,Swift and Trump on the cover in one year?

And no Priest or Maiden! :rage:

Priest doesn't belong in there. Maiden does.

Still no Yes, Cars, ELO, Cure, Dire Straits or Roxy Music but what to you expect from an institution run by a magazine that puts Minaj,Kartrashian,Weeknd,Swift and Trump on the cover in one year?

And no Priest or Maiden! :rage:

Priest doesn't belong in there.

Maybe in your little world.

• Like 2

great first couple of albums...then they sort of disappeared.
  • Like 1

How do they justify not having Joe Lynn Turner in?

You mean he of "sang on one mediocre album" fame????

I like Difficult to Cure, Straight Between The Eyes and Bent Out of Shape as well as Slaves and Masters. ;)

The joke was waiting to be made...but truth be said, I don´t think Slaves & Masters is such a bad album...just way too different from Purple´s output. Come Taste the Band is great too, but when I listen to it I think of it as an album made by a different band.

• Like 1

great first couple of albums...then they sort of disappeared.

They did indeed. I bought two of the albums they released after their comeback in 2004, but they weren´t good at all. Live they still deliver though.

How do they justify not having Joe Lynn Turner in?

You mean he of "sang on one mediocre album" fame????

I like Difficult to Cure, Straight Between The Eyes and Bent Out of Shape as well as Slaves and Masters. ;)

The joke was waiting to be made...but truth be said, I don´t think Slaves & Masters is such a bad album...just way too different from Purple´s output. Come Taste the Band is great too, but when I listen to it I think of it as an album made by a different band.

Come Taste the Band is my second favorite Purple album. Behind only Burn.

• Like 1

Great response from Gillan.

Morse and Airey are hardly nameless sidemen.

They are both world class musicians who have been in the band for at least 15 years and deserve to share the spotlight with the rest of the band.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn