I Am Only Two Songs In On The R40 Blu-Ray And I Have "Tears" In My Eyes! I Am Very Concerned About Neil's Heath!

RUSHHEAD666

Neil is toast.

Sadly he looks like that fat dude in "The Meaning Of Life."

All of my Neil Peart snares are still in "MINT" condition.

Let's see if anyone on here is paying attention to my jokes. Do you get it?

I am sure Monty Python fans will get me wit.

SPIT!

Somehow it seems worse that Neil got fat compared to when Alex did. But I'm not sure why.

Yeah I would agree with you. I feel the same way. Maybe because he's kind of the engine that drives the band and to see him declining is a bit upsetting. Not sure how else to put it.

• Like 2

Actually, I was just watching some of the R40 clips on youtube

Earl, my apologies, as I thought that perhaps you might have been exaggerating about Neil, but yeah, it sure looks as if he's thrown in the towel ... Its a shame .

It's not about the band or drums or touring - it's his health, and the only body he's got, and he's got to hell with it

Imagine how much worse it'll be if he takes time off from the drums - at least he gets a workout doing that

C'mon Neil, we love ya .. Show some love for yourself

Yep!

Lucas, I may called "CRAZY" or "TWISTED" or "INSANE" or a "DRUG ADDICT" or a "SELF ABSORBED PRICK" but dude, I am not a bullshiter.

I'm a realist.

I know I'm over the top but that's my schtick. It's my Forum Persona.

People who can't see through the MASK of my writing are the ones who need to look into the mirror of disillusion.

Luckily most of you are smart, intelligent, fun and get my sense of humor.

To the few on this forum who don't get me and who keep bullying me, BRING IT ON!

I can take it.

"What Does It Take To Be A Man? I'm learning and I will be single forever.

Signed,

BOSTON

The strength to say what you believe!

Third Stage, over and out.

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

Hence - Geddy CONFIRMS that Permanent Waves is an 80's album.

Well stated!!!

Lee can't be trusted. He thought they'd never played Jacob's Ladder. He apparently thinks Cygnus X-1 part 1 is from Hemispheres. He can't be trusted to remember when they wrote, recorded, mixed, mastered, and packaged Permanent Waves, which was all in 1979.

Dude can barely remember what city he's in sometimes.

Yeah, it's a mystery why recollections of that era are so difficult for the guys.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200511/28.f.jpg

• Like 1

Lee can't be trusted. He thought they'd never played Jacob's Ladder. He apparently thinks Cygnus X-1 part 1 is from Hemispheres. He can't be trusted to remember when they wrote, recorded, mixed, mastered, and packaged Permanent Waves, which was all in 1979.

Yeah, it's a mystery why recollections of that era are so difficult for the guys.

129156794186012978.jpg

• Like 1

I hope I will have time to watch my R40 DVD this weekend! I need to catch up with all you peeps.

Mine arrived today. I haven't seen it yet either.I hope to soon too!

• Like 1

Earl, my apologies, as I thought that perhaps you might have been exaggerating about Neil, but yeah, it sure looks as if he's thrown in the towel ... Its a shame .

It's not about the band or drums or touring - it's his health, and the only body he's got, and he's gone to hell with it

Imagine how much worse it'll be if he takes time off from the drums - at least he gets a workout doing that

Wow - the guy's 63 years old and can drum all of us under the table while massively touring and writing. Give him a break.

I mean, have you seen Dennis Chambers lately?

Why would Geddy say that they are going to move to the "A Farewell To Kings" album after they just played "Cygnus X-1" complete with great drum solo?

I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Also...not for nothing but after Nat Sci Geddy said they are on the "..right on the verge of the 70's" before playing Jacob's Ladder.

Hence - Geddy CONFIRMS that Permanent Waves is an 80's album.

Well stated!!!

I bet they were fun to hang out with. Neil would be off in a corner philosophizing while Al and Ged would be making funny faces at each other and giggling.

It's not about the band or drums or touring - it's his health, and the only body he's got, and he's gone to hell with it

Wow - the guy's 63 years old and can drum all of us under the table while massively touring and writing. Give him a break.

I mean, have you seen Dennis Chambers lately?

Strictly from a health standpoint, Neil has let himself go - it's sad

Unlike Chambers, Neil has a naturally thin frame or build ... Nobody is talking about his chops or musical abilities

He's become unhealthy looking ... Age is irrelevant here

http://www.egodeath.com/images%5Cneil14.jpg

I thought drumming was supposed to be a massive calorie-burning endeavor, especially the way Neil was playing on this tour he should be looking slim and trim. In a perfect world anyway.

Tour wasn't long enough for that, I guess.

yeah, I don't think anyone here is criticizing Neil in any way, shape or form

Your body simply reflects what is going on inside, both physically and emotionally

i'm no Neil fanboi or apologist, but the thread origin seem's predicated on a criticism of Neil "letting himself go" (whatever the f**k that means), couched in this saccherine concern for his health and well-being. I'm quite sure Neil is able to take care of himself based on whatever his med team advises. If he's developing jowls and a hefty paunch, it certainly hasn't slowed down any of his other endeavors. He still drums and writes and travels and races and enjoys

The Macallan as much as anyone.

Your body simply reflects what is going on inside, both physically and emotionally

i'm no Neil fanboi or apologist, but the thread origin seem's predicated on a criticism of Neil "letting himself go" (whatever the f**k that means), couched in this saccherine concern for his health and well-being. I'm quite sure Neil is able to take care of himself based on whatever his med team advises. If he's developing jowls and a hefty paunch, it certainly hasn't slowed down any of his other endeavors. He still drums and writes and travels and races and enjoys

If you bothered to read any of my posts regarding Neil in other threads, he has had a pretty big impact on my life, and although I have never met him, the inspiration and enjoyment he, Geddy and Alex have provided me thru the years is something I cherish ..

He looks sloppy and unhealthy - and neither of those two things I ever felt were synonymous with Neil

It is sad .. There is no reason a person cannot keep fit, especially if their occupation requires a certain amount of stamina ..

I see this as him sort of giving up .. or giving in .... both of which are sad

If you bothered to read any of my posts regarding Neil in other threads, he has had a pretty big impact on my life, and although I have never met him, the inspiration and enjoyment he, Geddy and Alex have provided me thru the years is something I cherish ..

He looks sloppy and unhealthy - and neither of those two things I ever felt were synonymous with Neil

It is sad .. There is no reason a person cannot keep fit, especially if their occupation requires a certain amount of stamina ..

Meh. Perhaps he is. But it seems rather holier-than-thou to judge him by standards he may not subscribe to; as if you've edified him to such an extent that his physical appearance now becomes a measurement. And what right do you have to judge him on anything that superficial?

And he still pulls off a major tour at 63 with all the resulting stamina he needs.

Look, I'm not attacking you, Lucas; it's just that to look at Neil and say he's "giving up" or "letting himself go" is supercilious and hypocritical. The vast majority of us on this board cannot do what Neil has done for as long as he has done it with the skill and stamina with which he has done it.

• Like 2

Meh. Perhaps he is. But it seems rather holier-than-thou to judge him by standards he may not subscribe to; as if you've edified him to such an extent that his physical appearance now becomes a measurement. And what right do you have to judge him on anything that superficial?

And he still pulls off a major tour at 63 with all the resulting stamina he needs.

Look, I'm not attacking you, Lucas; it's just that to look at Neil and say he's "giving up" or "letting himself go" is supercilious and hypocritical. The vast majority of us on this board cannot do what Neil has done for as long as he has done it with the skill and stamina with which he has done it.

Fair enough

I am probably over analyzing it .. It just hope he's not just tired of the entire music thing .. It would be a sad day for me if Neil Peart - a guy I have a ton of respect for - feels that music is no longer an inspirational part of his life

• Like 2

what do you mean? I don't understand.
  • Like 1

I think Earl is referring to the fact that Cygnus X1 is on the A Farewell To Kings album, and after playing Cygnus, Geddy says "We will now move to the A Farewell To Kings album", implying that Geddy mistakenly thinks Cygnus X1 was on Hemispheres ( because of the reverse chronological order of the set )

• Like 1

After playing Cygnus X-1, Lee said something like "now we'd like to play something from A Farewell to Kings" - instead of saying "now we'd like to play something else from A Farewell to Kings."

Yeah . . . what Lucas said (previous post)

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

HOLY SHIT! The Ben Mink "Losing It" was PRICELESS!!! It's amazing how after one bad live song the next one was AMAZING!

I can remember someone on here wrote a thread wondering who was the better electronic violinist. Ben Mink or that other guy in the Cockwork Angels Orchestra.

Well shit man, I saw the LA FORUM SHOW!! I was third row for that one and my GOD! BEN MINK BLOWS THAT CA TOOL AWAY!

NO COMPARISON!!!!

This fukking blu-ray is so bittersweet.

One minute I hate it, the next I love it.

I don't get it!

DAMN!

All I know is that BEN MINK IS THS SHIT!! THAT MEANS THE BEST!

Never was a fan of the "Cockwork Angels" Orchestra.

Kind of pathetic to be honest. Those dumb black shirts with stupid gold symbols on them. I think Neil designed that shite.

I don't get it.

Perhaps it's over my Rushhead.

All I know is it's hard to rip this band.

I hate

VAPOR TRAILS

and the

Cock Jerk Angels Orchestra

I used to hate Test For Echo but I can deal with that one.

Great music, shit lyrics!

Anyway.

RUSH RULES at the end of the day.

I liked Jonathan Dinklage's rendition better.

After playing Cygnus X-1, Lee said something like "now we'd like to play something from A Farewell to Kings" - instead of saying "now we'd like to play something else from A Farewell to Kings."

Yeah . . . what Lucas said (previous post)

thanks you two. Sorry. My newbie-Ness was showing! : )

I think Earl is referring to the fact that Cygnus X1 is on the A Farewell To Kings album, and after playing Cygnus, Geddy says "We will now move to the A Farewell To Kings album", implying that Geddy mistakenly thinks Cygnus X1 was on Hemispheres ( because of the reverse chronological order of the set )

thanks for explaining!

Fair enough

I am probably over analyzing it .. It just hope he's not just tired of the entire music thing .. It would be a sad day for me if Neil Peart - a guy I have a ton of respect for - feels that music is no longer an inspirational part of his life

I agree. When he walks away it'll be as if something most of us here have felt has given voice to much of our perspective is now spiralling away in a vacuum.

• Like 1

wouldnt worry about neil's gut too much, natural thing that happens to most blokes of a certain body type with age, doesnt mean they arent healthy. as for the cigs, if he stopped smoking he'd probably put on a lot of extra Ibs, if smoking not killed him thus far he might be one of the lucky few it actually good for. it aint all bad news, just sayin. the guy seems mentally on top of his game which is a much better thing to bear in mind.

would like to hear at least a rumour about new material on way though. just a rumour. thats all i need.

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1