If they actually replace Neil on Drums, shouldn't they replace Geddy on vocals?

Maverick

No sorry. Isn't going to happen.

Specially since Rush is done as a touring unit.

Sorry i firmly believe they are.

Mick

No need to be sorry, I believe it too.

• Like 1

Well? Shouldn't they? The guy can't sing anymore. Just let him play bass and keyboards.

I just saw Tony Bennett live on TV, dude sounds great at 89 years old. Getting Tony or someone similar to sing, Geddy on bass and keyboards, Alex on guitar, a drum machine and DJ. Call it Fush, record and play live.

• Like 1

Well? Shouldn't they? The guy can't sing anymore. Just let him play bass and keyboards.

I think if that's what the band wanted to do, they should do that. They should hire me to tour with them. ;)

And while they're at it they should also hire a new guitar player since Alex kept making mistakes this last tour.

• Like 2

I just saw Tony Bennett live on TV, dude sounds great at 89 years old. Getting Tony or someone similar to sing, Geddy on bass and keyboards, Alex on guitar, a drum machine and DJ. Call it Fush, record and play live.

I'd love to see what Tony Bennett, or someone of that ilk, could do with 2112 or Hemispheres!

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 1

Geddy is on record saying that no one in Rush is replaceable, and that includes Neil, so this whole convo is moot. But okay, just for the sake of argument...

Who would you get to play drums for Rush? It would either have to be a player who copies Neil's parts exactly, which would invite endless unfair comparisons (this place would blow the hell up), or someone that is respected enough to do their own interpretations and not piss off the hardcore Rush fans.

Geddy is on record saying that no one in Rush is replaceable, and that includes Neil, so this whole convo is moot. But okay, just for the sake of argument...

Who would you get to play drums for Rush? It would either have to be a player who copies Neil's parts exactly, which would invite endless unfair comparisons (this place would blow the hell up), or someone that is respected enough to do their own interpretations and not piss off the hardcore Rush fans.

There are so many drummers who could play Neil's stuff, so I'd narrow that list down to drummers who would be fun to watch and who might be fun for Alex and Geddy to play with. With that in mind, Abe Laboriel Jr. might be a fun choice.

Edited by JARG

There are so many drummers who could play Neil's stuff, so I'd narrow that list down to drummers who would be fun to watch and who might be fun for Alex and Geddy to play with. With that in mind, Abe Laboriel Jr. might be a fun choice.

Abe sounds like a winner to me... *racestogoogle*... ;)
  • Like 1

:LOL:

http://youtu.be/iQnxGppzGtM

• Like 1

I found him. Damn he has played with lots of big names that is for sure...

He's a lot of fun to watch play, too. He seems to have a real joy and passion about it.

He's a lot of fun to watch play, too. He seems to have a real joy and passion about it.

So nobody would notice the difference then... ;)
  • Like 2

That bass drum is the size of something that they would use in a marching band. :LOL:

So nobody would notice the difference then... ;)

There might be the occasional scowl to keep the fanboys happy. ;)

• Like 2

:smoke:

as long as you don't call it rush, I don't care what happens. as a "fanboy," just being in the same room as alex lifeson and geddy lee (or just one of them) is cool enough, especially since the setlist possibilities change depending on who's playing. lifeson can do his "roots of rush" nostalgia 70s thing and have other hard rock/heavy metal all-stars go on tour with him, and geddy can bring back the davy crockett thing, get together with, I dunno, boy george or something, and do the "revenge of the synth" tour
  • Like 1