The Pink Floyd Thread

Bigbobby10

This song makes AMLOR worth it. I rarely play AMLOR but when I do I look forward to hear this.

I saw PF in 1994 at a sold out Giants Stadium ( 70,000 people ) and hearing this riff rattling the stadium seats, priceless. One of Gilmour's warhorses, played LOUD.

GOOSEBUMPS

http://youtu.be/7lcoA04bDNk

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

I've always wondered why there is not much love for The Wall album?

Maybe the concept is not to everyone's taste and also it is saturated with Waters song-writing,and very little of Gilmour's!

Personally I really enjoy it and admit it's in my top five of favourite Floyd albums!

• Like 4

Maybe the concept is not to everyone's taste and also it is saturated with Waters song-writing,and very little of Gilmour's!

Personally I really enjoy it and admit it's in my top five of favourite Floyd albums!

i have to be in a down cynical mood to enjoy. it's a very heavy album and in the wrong frame of mind it's a drag to sit through.

Mick

• Like 2

Live at Pompeii might be my favorite live album (i guess dvd) of all time, Im not sure what it is with it, but it is just perfection

When the last beat of Echoes Pt1 fades out and Nick steps up to the camera and orders his breakfast...that was awesome!!!

Heh its

Like this was serious rock music and then they are sitting around complaining about size of the pies. Rock and Roll!!!

• Like 2

i have to be in a down cynical mood to enjoy. it's a very heavy album and in the wrong frame of mind it's a drag to sit through.

Mick

And when I sit around late at night and crank the Final Cut thru my headphones. Thats aural bliss.

• Like 4

Mick

And when I sit around late at night and crank the Final Cut thru my headphones. Thats aural bliss.

The Final Cut is another record that i really like.

Once again it's not popular with many Floyd fans, and that I guess is down to Roger controlling the writing department.

Mick

The Final Cut is another record that i really like.

Once again it's not popular with many Floyd fans, and that I guess is down to Roger controlling the writing department.

Didnt Roger start to write the majority on Dark Side? I agree that starting with Animals, which is probably my fave Floyd album, it was practically a Waters solo project, but dint Rog pen most of that era?

Gilmour at Radio City in almost a week!

Edit-----

Just looked, side two of DSOM Rog basically took over writing. He wrote all the lyrics and half the music on Wish, and then wrote mostly everything on Animals and Wall and FC. Arent those their most popular albums? Final Cut is good also, but I think that album was not received nearly as well received.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I love it. I get lost in it, musically and thematically.
  • Like 3

There are a lot of PK gems in this album. I saw The Wall tour in 1980 in the Nassau Coliseum, NY ( what a trippy ride to Long Island from NJ that was ) and Roger's production back in 2010 at the Izod Center NJ.

Either way, seeing The Wall performed in it entirety is an amazing musical experience.

Here's my youtube contribution. A short clip of the 2010 show.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5

There are a lot of PK gems in this album. I saw The Wall tour in 1980 in the Nassau Coliseum, NY ( what a trippy ride to Long Island from NJ that was ) and Roger's production back in 2010 at the Izod Center NJ.

Either way, seeing The Wall performed in it entirety is an amazing musical experience.

Here's my youtube contribution. A short clip of the 2010 show.

Lucky you Custom! I was about a year away from having the funds to see them then.

I thought Roger sounded amazing doing The Wall in 2012.

NINE DAYS TIL RADIO CITY!

• Like 1

Wow, these new Wall t shirts are in the news, the font and style look exactly like the famous Wall album...

Anyone think Roger and Dave have reason to take DT to court...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/02/politics/donald-trump-tells-kids-not-to-do-drugs/index.html

It's my favorite Pink Floyd album. Then Wish You Were Here. Then Dark Side of the Moon. Then Animals. Then A Momentary Lapse of Reason. That's my top 5.

• Like 1

I think I said it on the other Pink Floyd thread, I can understand why people would not like The Wall, it really is a "heavy" album thematically and very odd in its own way.

The movie just makes it more weird and quirky.

But if you can really get the message and each song. The music is great and the whole concept just makes it so enjoyable, that's why it is probably my most listened to Pink Floyd album.

• Like 1