Test for Echo appreciation thread! (Brace yourselves)

AnEggplant

Test For Echo and Driven are good. Stop......

Go back and listen to Time and Motion again. It's one of their edgiest songs with plenty of prog elements. Quite possibly the most underrated Rush song. :finbar:
  • Like 4

T4E has a lot of disparity. Half the album is just amazing. T4E, Driven, and Time & Motion are three all time greats in my book. Limbo, Half The World, and Resist are good songs. The rest of T4E is pretty lame. I don't think there is another Rush album that has such strong material, while some material is utter crap.
  • Like 1

T4E has a lot of disparity. Half the album is just amazing. T4E, Driven, and Time & Motion are three all time greats in my book. Limbo, Half The World, and Resist are good songs. The rest of T4E is pretty lame. I don't think there is another Rush album that has such strong material, while some material is utter crap.

A lot of people make it seem that everything after p/g is crap when they just got less consistent with good songs. There's still some fantastic songs on the less-liked albums.

• Like 3

I forgot about Time & Motion but that is really where it ends for me. I am not interested is stuff that doesn't dazzle me when it comes to Rush especially to be honest. The bar was set way to high long ago. Thanks for the reminder though... :)

A lot of people make it seem that everything after p/g is crap when they just got less consistent with good songs. There's still some fantastic songs on the less-liked albums.

That I can agree with. There are a few gems on pretty much all of them. A best of the rest 89' - 07' double album would work for me. I would might even buy it...

The first new studio album Rush released since I became a fan. I really liked it a lot at the time but it's cooled off a bit over the years. Still, T4E, Driven, The Color Of Right, Time And Motion, Totem, Virtuality and Resist are all very good songs.

I was also fortunate enough to see them on the second night of this tour where Time And Motion got played before they dropped it for good a few weeks into the tour.

I was also fortunate enough to see them on the second night of this tour where Time And Motion got played before they dropped it for good a few weeks into the tour.

Lucky bastard. :LOL: I had just bought a condo when T4E came out, and I couldn't afford to see that tour. I should have stolen some old lady's purse or something, because that was the tour where they played 2112 in it's entirety. Sucks that I missed it :rages:
  • Like 1

Well…it's good. It's no Moving Pictures, but it's a decent listen. The title track, Driven, Resist, and Time and Motion are all very good songs, and Virtuality is all right, too. Dog Years is kind of silly, but not unbearable. Then there's Totem and The Color of Right. A little boring, I must admit. And don't get me started on Carve Away the Stone.

Overall, not bad. But T4E still leaves something to be desired.

I like the whole album. If I ignore the lyrics, I love it. Amazing drive, this album! Really gets me pumped!
  • Like 1

I've always liked it. Last album where they've had really good singable songs.

Agreed. But I do enjoy singing a couple of lines of Headlong Flight (just a couple).

Agreed. But I do enjoy singing a couple of lines of Headlong Flight (just a couple).

Oh sure here and there but I meant the songs overall have a good melodic chorus and don't sound as patched together. :)

• Like 1

Oh sure here and there but I meant the songs overall have a good melodic chorus and don't sound as patched together. :)

And the lyrical style is rather...random. I enjoy that aspect to be honest!

And the lyrical style is rather...random. I enjoy that aspect to be honest!

You mean on the new albums?

• Like 1