O MY DAYS! SNAKES AND ARROWS IS FREAKIN AWESOME GUYS! O MY DAYS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? MAIN MONKEY BUSINESS IS INSANE! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH FOR INSOMNIA!

Segue Myles

Off your meds???

HAHAHA! I thought I wrote this thread! LOL! WOW!!!!!

ME 2, LOL!!! Seriously kids Trixter best band ever!!!

HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh!!!!! Hey your timing is perfect! I'm listening to Vince Neil's solo album "Exposed" with Steve Stevens on guitar. Killer shit!

• Like 1

People always say snakes is un-melodic. which is just stupidly false. they are there but they just aren't immediately graspable.

Segue was gulty of this, lol

Mick

Snakes has a lot of singable songs! Just the other day I caught myself singing Armor and Sword.

One of my all time favourite Rush songs to sing along to!

• Like 3

People always say snakes is un-melodic. which is just stupidly false. they are there but they just aren't immediately graspable.

Segue was gulty of this, lol

Mick

Snakes has a lot of singable songs! Just the other day I caught myself singing Armor and Sword.

One of my all time favourite Rush songs to sing along to!

Armor and Sword can be stuck in my head for days...in a good way. :D

• Like 1

The Larger Bowl is so far my favourite song.

The Way The Wind Blows is amazingly melodic.

Armor And Sword basically just gave me life.

The folkiness of this album...what took me so long to get into this?

No offense and I respect everybody's opinions, but the folkiness of that record is the reason I rarely listen to it. Last thing I want out of Rush is folk. I still say their Feedback stage is what eventually lead to this SnA experiment. I like about half the record. The other half not so much. I do agree that Monkey Business is awesome though:)

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

Here's an S&A documentary question. I'm watching it now. Again. The part when they take a selfie of themselves (for those who have this, it's about the 28/29 minute mark)? When they look at it, you hear a really high pitched laugh. I think it's Geddy, but I'm not sure. My point in bringing this up is that if it is him, he's got quite the laugh when he finds something exceedingly funny. :laughing guy: Edited by Lorraine

No offense and I respect everybody's opinions, but the folkiness of that record is the reason I rarely listen to it. Last thing I want out of Rush is folk. I still say their Feedback stage is what eventually lead to this SnA experiment. I like about half the record. The other half not so much. I do agree that Monkey Business is awesome though:)

I think in the long run, SA is bound to fade again, as I am not convinced that this is a genuine favourite. But like Counterparts and the debut, I have come to the conclusion that for what it is, it is really, really strong!

As an album, I still find it all blurs a bit into what feels like a bland mush. But like CP, individually I am really enjoying most of the songs! So this is more likely to find long term favour on a Rush playlist, rather than as a frequent album listen. Together, the songs blur too much, which is actually a fault I ascribe to every Rush album post-GUP (not that this is a bad thing in every case).

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I think in the long run, SA is bound to fade again, as I am not convinced that this is a genuine favourite. But like Counterparts and the debut, I have come to the conclusion that for what it is, it is really, really strong!

As an album, I still find it all blurs a bit into what feels like a bland mush. But like CP, individually I am really enjoying most of the songs! So this is more likely to find long term favour on a Rush playlist, rather than as a frequent album listen. Together, the songs blur too much, which is actually a fault I ascribe to every Rush album post-GUP (not that this is a bad thing in every case).

I don't think of albums in terms of how they'll fade in the future or how they flow. I just listen and if I like it I like it. :P

• Like 2

I didn't expect to like CP. I do now. just go with it........don't worry bout the future bud.

Mick

It's so good!

• Like 2

For the record. The weird thing is. i understand and actually agree with almost every complaint against SA. but you love what you love.

and so help me....i think SA is beautiful.

Mick

That goes with me and Tales From Topographic Oceans! Those who hate it, I completely understand, and will even agree most of the time.

• Like 2

I didn't expect to like CP. I do now. just go with it........don't worry bout the future bud.

Mick

Mick

It's so good!

That's the spirit! Good postings!

• Like 2

Where's that F# Alex owns in Hemispheres? The one he ends Far Cry with.

It's the chord that Hemispheres opens with

Yep, that's the one.

I never made that connection, either, until I read it in some post here, in the recent past.

• Like 1