Jacob's Ladder from R40 anyone?

Joesaracer

:o 4:52-4:58 = bad edit. Watch Neil in the background.

Ruined! Ruined I say!

:P

:LOL:

I wouldn't have caught that in a million years. Alex's hands give it away, too. You da Goose!

That's it. Not buying it now.....

Okay. No, not really. I am going to buy it. But I will always, always, *always* now only see that during Jacob's Ladder.

3:17 - 3:19

http://youtu.be/eK1hmDpa8bo

Oi vey..... I bet we could waste all sorts of time finding these.

Is it in the Limelight video where it is actually footage from Xanadu (?) for one of the chorus shots?

I look at song videos differently than live concert footage.

Ruined! Ruined I say!

I wouldn't have caught that in a million years. Alex's hands give it away, too. You da Goose!

Okay. No, not really. I am going to buy it. But I will always, always, *always* now only see that during Jacob's Ladder.

Is it in the Limelight video where it is actually footage from Xanadu (?) for one of the chorus shots?

Me too. I stand on one leg when I look at concert footage and I lay on my back when I look at videos.

• Like 1

Ruined! Ruined I say!

Me too. I stand on one leg when I look at concert footage and I lay on my back when I look at videos.

So here you all are.....

There are some doozies on A Show of Hands. I know on Tom Sawyer, there's the white/black guitar thing. Then, on TSOR, some of the long-distances shots are obvious mis-edited.

During 2112 on ASoH, Alex's guitar changes between black and white a TON of times, lol.

The whole intro, his guitar is white in all the wide stage shots...but then black during the close-ups... :wacko:

You'll spot even more...trust me, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjx6aM-7VM

Edited by ALifeson85

Ruined! Ruined I say!

Yeah, I caught that (having watched this clip about 50 times.) I'm no editor but I've often wondered why this happens at least a few times in almost all concert DVD's I've watched.... Not just Rush's. Can anyone comment on why audio and video are often not synced throughout a concert DVD? Back on point about Alex's solo, I noticed that one of the bends from the solo in the studio version, and esl, is much less prominent. The studio version of the solo gives me goosebumps, but I still think this R40 live version is a masterpiece performance.

Edited by Phantom

There are some doozies on A Show of Hands. I know on Tom Sawyer, there's the white/black guitar thing. Then, on TSOR, some of the long-distances shots are obvious mis-edited.

During 2112 on ASoH, Alex's guitar changes between black and white a TON of times, lol.

The whole intro, his guitar is white in all the wide stage shots...but then black during the close-ups... :wacko:

You'll spot even more...trust me, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjx6aM-7VM

Forget the editing mistakes I loved watching al and her interact with each on stage. The whole synchronized thing they do in the Prepude part. Freaking love that.

You can definitley tell that out of of all the band member who are saying that they're in pain, I definitely believe Alex more than Neil. He looks like he's in pain during the solo.

Hell, I think the only one smiling throughout the song was Geddy.

You can definitley tell that out of of all the band member who are saying that they're in pain, I definitely believe Alex more than Neil. He looks like he's in pain during the solo.

How can you tell about Neil? He always looks the same. Alex is just the most obvious from his lack of interaction with the crowd this last tour and all of the mistakes.

• Like 1

How can you tell about Neil? He always looks the same. Alex is just the most obvious from his lack of interaction with the crowd this last tour and all of the mistakes.

In the beginning of the tour, Alex was screwing up badly during some solos as opposed to Neil who was pretty much spot on the entire tour.

In the beginning of the tour, Alex was screwing up badly during some solos as opposed to Neil who was pretty much spot on the entire tour.

Right that's what I just said. But how could you tell about Neil? Just because he wasn't screwing up doesn't mean he wasn't in pain.

This might be an unpopular view, but after the tour had progressed a bit and Alex ceased the mediocre performances of the initial shows, I really feel like he was playing some of the absolute best I've ever seen from him

I didn't want to start another Losing It thread so figured I'd post what I have to say on this one.

I'm watching an older interview with Rush from 1990 and Neil is explaining what inspired the lyrics to Losing It. I know someone on here already mentioned Ernest Hemingway but I didn't know the details.

He was invited to President Kennedy's inauguration and he stood there for two hours trying to compose an answer to the invitation. He started crying from the sheer frustration of not being able to compose anything. I can relate to that as I used to write too. i can only imagine what it was like for him.

That's the story that inspired the lyrics to Losing It. You are welcome. :)

• Like 1