Another 300 (leftovers from your top album list etc)

New_World_Man

Sufjan Steven's Illinois. I'm not as taken with it as I was the first year or two after hearing it, and it's not my favorite of his (that would be Seven Swans) but I still think it's pretty amazing, and it definitely remains his most high-profile album. Alternative folk rock; eclectic with the occasional prog flourish. "Chicago" was the hit.

501. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

502. Talk Talk - Natural History (goose)

503. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

504. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

505. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

506. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (Self-Indulgence)

507. ABBA - The Visitors (Na na na)

508. YES - Talk (New World Man)

509. James Gang Live in Concert - James Gang (custom55)

510. Moving Pictures - Days of Innocence (goose)

511. Peter Gabriel - same(third-melt) (Digital Dad)

512. Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla (Narps)

513. Barones - Yellow & Green (Na na na)

514. ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (Self-Indulgence)

515. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Lucas)

516. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (Segue Myles)

517. Billy Joel - Piano Man (New World Man)

518. Exiled In Guyville - Liz Phair (a rocket that ignites itself)

519. Queen - Live Killers (goose)

520. High Voltage - AC/DC (Narps)

521. Outlandos d' Amour - The Police (Ted Williams)

522. Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller (ru_ready)

523. Chicago Transit Authority - CTA (Self-Indulgence)

524. Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss ( djflex)

525. Trevor Rabin - Can't Look Away (New World Man)

526. Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams (goose)

527. Scorpions - Lovedrive (Lucas)

528. Rush - Power Windows (ReRushed)

529. Peace Sells (but who's buying?)- Megadeth ( LABT)

530 Dire straits - Brothers in arms (ru_ready)

531. Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal (Self-Indulgence)

532. Incubus - Make Yourself (A Rocket That Ignites Itself )

533. Van Halen - 1984 (New World Man)

534. DEVO - Freedom of Choice (goose)

535. Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars ( The Motion Picture Soundtrack ) - David Bowie ( custom55 )

536. Imaginaerum- Nightwish (Segue Myles)

537. Scorpions - Fly To The Rainbow (Narps)

538. Illinois - Sufjan Stevens (Rutlefan)

Edited by Rutlefan

^^ And now Rob Dickinson's making "re-imagined" classic 911s for rich people (see Singer Vehicle Design). What a life. One of the cars on my "if I won the lottery" list.

^^ And now Rob Dickinson's making "re-imagined" classic 911s for rich people (see Singer Vehicle Design). What a life. One of the cars on my "if I won the lottery" list.

Wow, that's something different...

501. Led Zeppelin - Same (New_World_Man)

502. Talk Talk - Natural History (goose)

503. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Lucas)

504. REM - Green (laughedatbytime)

505. David Gilmour- Live at Gdansk (djflex)

506. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie (Self-Indulgence)

507. ABBA - The Visitors (Na na na)

508. YES - Talk (New World Man)

509. James Gang Live in Concert - James Gang (custom55)

510. Moving Pictures - Days of Innocence (goose)

511. Peter Gabriel - same(third-melt) (Digital Dad)

512. Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla (Narps)

513. Barones - Yellow & Green (Na na na)

514. ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (Self-Indulgence)

515. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (Lucas)

516. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (Segue Myles)

517. Billy Joel - Piano Man (New World Man)

518. Exiled In Guyville - Liz Phair (a rocket that ignites itself)

519. Queen - Live Killers (goose)

520. High Voltage - AC/DC (Narps)

521. Outlandos d' Amour - The Police (Ted Williams)

522. Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller (ru_ready)

523. Chicago Transit Authority - CTA (Self-Indulgence)

524. Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss ( djflex)

525. Trevor Rabin - Can't Look Away (New World Man)

526. Steve Miller Band - Book of Dreams (goose)

527. Scorpions - Lovedrive (Lucas)

528. Rush - Power Windows (ReRushed)

529. Peace Sells (but who's buying?)- Megadeth ( LABT)

535. Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars ( The Motion Picture Soundtrack ) - David Bowie ( custom55 )

539. Minutemen - Double Nickles On A Dime

540. Catherine Wheel - Chrome

541. The Band - Northern Lights, Southern Cross

542. Rollins Band - The End Of Silence (Self-Indulgence)

A powerhouse punk/metal effort from 1992.

543 Don McClean - American Pie (ru_ready)

Vincent and Crossroads are a couple over looked songs. mellow as hell, however song writting is clean. I love the quote Don said about this album.... "I never have to work again"

• Like 1

544. Änglagård- Hybris (New_World_Man)

Way earlier in the list, someone added this band's second album "epilog." Although that one is quite good, I feel it is their debut that is the strongest. This recording is one of the main albums to reinvigorate the prog rock scene in the 1990's and is a total masterpiece of symphonic progressive rock. Although there are long instrumental sections, there are some vocals in Swedish. This album has a vintage sound, including a bit of mellotron but at the same time it has modern(at the time) production values. If you are fan of bands such as Yes, early Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant or Camel you definitely need to hear this album!

Edited by New_World_Man

544. Anglagard- Hybris (New_World_Man)

Way earlier in the list, someone added this band's second album "epilog." Although that one is quite good, I feel it is their debut that is the strongest. This recording is one of the main albums to reinvigorate the prog rock scene in the 1990's and is a total masterpiece of symphonic progressive rock. Although there are long instrumental sections, there are some vocals in Swedish. Although this album has a vintage sound, including a bit of mellotron, it has modern(at the time) production value). If you are fan of bands such as Yes, early Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant or Camel you definitely need to hear this album!

545. Yes - Big Generator (Narps)

Not my favorite incarnation of Yes by a long shot but still very good music in my opinion. Like Rush times and music were a change'in and Yes did it pretty well as did Rush. The only huge difference is you had to have a scorecard to keep up with who Yes was from day to day. My only pet peeve and turn off when it comes to Yes. Awful really when you think about it...

• Like 2

546. Judas Priest - British Steel (Lucas)

Rapid Fire rocks as much as any Priest song ever, and while British Steel was the transition album to a slightly different feel, it still remains a classic, and does have songs that harken back to the classic 70s sound

• Like 5

Rapid Fire rocks as much as any Priest song ever, and while British Steel was the transition album to a slightly different feel, it still remains a classic, and does have songs that harken back to the classic 70s sound

This one put the nail in their coffin for me. Breakin' The Law and Living After Midnight were the last shovel loads of dirt to bury them. I guess having said that somewhere outside the top 500 it probably belongs...

I thought about adding AQoB to the list. Side two is a perfect album side. It is one of their best. I think Long Distance Voyager was their last great one though. However, you really can't go wrong with any of their 67-72 albums. Edited by New_World_Man

I thought about adding AQoB to the list. Side two is a perfect album side. It is one of their best. I think Long Distance Voyager was their last great one though. However, you really can't go wrong with any of their 67-72 albums.

No die hard Moodies fan would agree with that, but LDV was a good album and a huge step above the disastrous Octave.

Edited by Lorraine

I updated this list mainly to make sure that the Swedish umlauts stay in the band's name of my most recent pick.

544. Änglagård- Hybris (New_World_Man)

547. Question of Balance - The Moody Blues (Lorraine)

Edited by New_World_Man

I thought about adding AQoB to the list. Side two is a perfect album side. It is one of their best. I think Long Distance Voyager was their last great one though. However, you really can't go wrong with any of their 67-72 albums.

No die hard Moodies fan would agree with that, but LDV was a good album and a huge step above the disastrous Octave.

You mean no die hard Moodies fan with argue with that. I think maybe it's just the older fans who would not agree. Being a die hard would not exempt someone from liking that album especially since it's not as overtly poppy or commercial as some of the ones after it. Anyway, I've never heard Octave but always stayed away from it. I might eventually get it though.

Edited by New_World_Man

You mean no die hard Moodies fan with argue with that. I think maybe it's just the older fans who would not agree. Being a die hard would not exempt someone from liking that album. It's not as overtly poppy or commercial as some of the ones after it. Anyway, I've never heard Octave but always stayed away from it. I might eventually get it though.

No, I mean no die hard Moodies fan would extend their greatness to Octave and then include LDV. :)

And, you are right. those of us who were there when the albums were coming out are those of us who think this. We call the first seven albums "the core seven." Mike Pinder walked out in the middle of the Octave production, and there went the Moodies we loved. :(

You mean no die hard Moodies fan with argue with that. I think maybe it's just the older fans who would not agree. Being a die hard would not exempt someone from liking that album. It's not as overtly poppy or commercial as some of the ones after it. Anyway, I've never heard Octave but always stayed away from it. I might eventually get it though.

No, I mean no die hard Moodies fan would extend their greatness to Octave and then include LDV. :)

And, you are right. those of us who were there when the albums were coming out are those of us who think this. We call the first seven albums "the core seven." Mike Pinder walked out in the middle of the Octave production, and there went the Moodies we loved. :(

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree then. I'm a very big fan and do consider LDV to be as good or better than some of the classic seven albums. I know that's not a popular opinion but that doesn't make someone not a die hard. If anything the die hard fans would extend the greatness of a band not try to restrict it. It's only the casual fans who can only enjoy a few of the band's albums. :)

Edited by New_World_Man

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree then. I'm a very big fan and do consider LDV to be as good or better than some of the classic seven albums. I know that's not a popular opinion but that doesn't make someone not a die hard. If anything the die hard fans would extend the greatness of a band not try to restrict it. It's only the casual fans who can only enjoy a few of the band's albums. :)

Whatever.