Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour

Union 5-3992

I guess Hamilton is an option for me. It's a much easier trip over the border then having to go to Toronto. Copps Coliseum (yeah, I know they changed the name, screw that) is a decent venue too. I've seen a few concerts there. Edited by J2112YYZ

Isn't this like the 5th farewell tour?

For Ozzy, yes. I don't recall Sabbath ever playing up the final tour thing too heavily until the last couple years. Ozzy is one of the kings of the "farewell but I don't really mean it" tours.

Isn't this like the 5th farewell tour?

For Ozzy, yes. I don't recall Sabbath ever playing up the final tour thing too heavily until the last couple years. Ozzy is one of the kings of the "farewell but I don't really mean it" tours.

see, No More Tours, circa 1992 or 1993.

I'm going. What the heck? It's Sabbath.

• Like 3

I'm still pissed. do these guys think that the south hasn't got metal yet? or did nobody show up the last time sabbath came?

At least King Diamond is playing there. Seeing him on tour now after the triple bypass he had several years ago I think is more special. Does Atlanta get ignored a lot by metal bands or is it just Sabbath that skips it?

I'm still pissed. do these guys think that the south hasn't got metal yet? or did nobody show up the last time sabbath came?

At least King Diamond is playing there. Seeing him on tour now after the triple bypass he had several years ago I think is more special. Does Atlanta get ignored a lot by metal bands or is it just Sabbath that skips it?

seems like it's just sabbath, but everyone in atlanta's into the whole stoner/doom/sludge stuff which is 100% from sabbath anyway. people would go nuts if the originators came. I'm definitely pumped for diamond, this will be his 3rd atlanta date in a year so evidently he gets a good vibe off of us.

maiden didn't play here with bruce after fear of the dark until 2012, and within a year they'd booked a tennessee date and everything - people here love metal, and maiden realized they'd been missing out on millions of dollars so they could play new york and LA once a week.

I was talking to a friend of mine (who is in "the biz") the other day about grand scale tours.

She said, as these guys age they have no interest in spending days, weeks and months on a tour bus.

They break up the tour into major cities and tend to fly from gig to gig and send the equipment on the road to meet there.

She went on to say that there are friends, favourite chefs/restaurants, etc. that they want to visit.

"Smaller" cities, etc. are, normally scheduled in between larger cities.

It made sense to me, she also said that she completely understands the frustration on the part of the fans.

It is not lost on me how fortunate I am to live 25 miles outside of New York City.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 3

NYC on George Harrison's birthday!

I'm there!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I will be too. No shows any closer to Boston.

Sweet!

You'll have to join us for a preshow meetup at Stout NYC, about a block or so from MSG.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

I've never seen them, but it is what it is. Rob Halford says we're lucky because we still get to see the inventors of an entire genre. In 20 years, Priest will be done, Maiden will be done, Motorhead will be done, I'm lucky to have seen others I thought impossible so I can let them go and enjoy their retirement (well everyone but Ozzy)
  • Like 2