Whatever Happened To Common Decency?

Lorraine

Now, if you really want to get into it - here is a big problem, and THIS is something people can do something about instead of sitting by idly and complaining

How genetically modified food is changing people's health, detrimentally:

For example, wheat, from cardiologist William Davis, MD:

- Gliadin of 2012 is different from the gliadin of, say, 1960, by several amino acids, part of the genetic transformation of wheat introduced to increase yield-per-acre.

–Gliadin is degraded to a collection of polypeptides called exorphins in the gastrointestinal tract. Exorphins cross the blood-brain barrier and bind to opiate-receptors to induce appetite, as well as behavioral changes, such as behavioral outbursts and inattention in children with ADHD and autism, hearing voices and social detachment in schizophrenics, and the mania of bipolar illness

http://www.wheatbell...gliadin-effect/

Yes- I absolutely believe in that. I also believe we'll find out that the widespread use of GMO's (and they are everywhere) is leading to all kinds of strictly medical problems, too, that we're already seeing- in addition to behavioral problems.

Believe what you want, but false science is always false.

haven't you said there was no such thing as settled science?

Now, if you really want to get into it - here is a big problem, and THIS is something people can do something about instead of sitting by idly and complaining

How genetically modified food is changing people's health, detrimentally:

For example, wheat, from cardiologist William Davis, MD:

- Gliadin of 2012 is different from the gliadin of, say, 1960, by several amino acids, part of the genetic transformation of wheat introduced to increase yield-per-acre.

–Gliadin is degraded to a collection of polypeptides called exorphins in the gastrointestinal tract. Exorphins cross the blood-brain barrier and bind to opiate-receptors to induce appetite, as well as behavioral changes, such as behavioral outbursts and inattention in children with ADHD and autism, hearing voices and social detachment in schizophrenics, and the mania of bipolar illness

http://www.wheatbell...gliadin-effect/

Yes- I absolutely believe in that. I also believe we'll find out that the widespread use of GMO's (and they are everywhere) is leading to all kinds of strictly medical problems, too, that we're already seeing- in addition to behavioral problems.

Believe what you want, but false science is always false.

haven't you said there was no such thing as settled science?

Yes.

I am glad that's settled.

No conspiracy bullshit PLEASE. I don't give a f**k about GMOs or whatever the hell else and I never will.

To each his own

Time will tell how your antidepressants work for you

( And you've already failed the common decency aspect )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

No conspiracy bullshit PLEASE. I don't give a f**k about GMOs or whatever the hell else and I never will.

To each his own

It's not as if this response of yours is decent either with that medication jab you pulled. But it is true that GMOs are off topic.

You can always take that babble to SOCN and get scolded there instead. :LOL:

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

To each his own

It's not as if this response of yours is decent either with that medication jab you pulled. But it is true that GMOs are off topic.

Apologies as I did not mean the antidepressant comment to be personal

I simply meant that in today's medical world, the doling out of medications are used as a Band-Aid in lieu of the root cause

There is no way in hell that there will ever be across the board admission of the health effects caused by, for example, GMOs when the pharmaceutical industry is so enormous and profitable

I was simply saying what I truly believe - be aware or beware

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

In the original post, Lorraine made mention of a deplorable living situation in which people had mattresses atop buckets of excrement, amidst piled garbage ..

Lorraine, I do NOT mean this as critical of your post, as I am sure you are sympathetic

But no one grows up wanting to live in those conditions - no person, as a child, has the goal in life of living in filthy conditions, basically unfit for sustaining life ..... People who are in these situations do not lack common decency ( .. I know, that is NOT what was meant )- they are most likely physically or emotionally in need - or both ...

What would show a considerable amount of human decency would be to take some time - maybe a few hours a month - and volunteer to help people in need ...

Just about every neighborhood has a house or two in which the grass is way too high, or the house has fallen into disrepair, and the occupants might need a hand .. or they might not ..... But my point is that by volunteering to help out, either thru an agency or just perhaps asking, would be a very decent thing to do ..

Human decency begins in the mirror

• Like 2

To each his own

Bullshit. And take your political posts to SOCN or STFU.

To each his own

And to think, we were getting along so well with the KISS thing

Your post, and fraroc's post are both seeded in a lot of anger

I'm simply stating my belief

You need to deal with why a post on the internet gets you so angry ... Maybe it's not me, maybe it's you

Do some volunteer work Goose ... it'll make you a happier person

Edited by Lucas

To each his own

You need to deal with why a post on the internet gets you so angry ... Maybe it's not me, maybe it's you

:laughing guy:

To each his own

good

Now we're both laughing

Let's just agree to disagree on this one

To each his own

good

Now we're both laughing

Let's just agree to disagree on this one

All in good fun, my friend. :hail:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to log some volunteer hours... :outtahere:

• Like 1

To each his own

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed...

Dude this was epic haha!

Good comeback...not sure why it tickled me silly!

• Like 1

In the original post, Lorraine made mention of a deplorable living situation in which people had mattresses atop buckets of excrement, amidst piled garbage ..

Lorraine, I do NOT mean this as critical of your post, as I am sure you are sympathetic

But no one grows up wanting to live in those conditions - no person, as a child, has the goal in life of living in filthy conditions, basically unfit for sustaining life ..... People who are in these situations do not lack common decency ( .. I know, that is NOT what was meant )- they are most likely physically or emotionally in need - or both ...

What would show a considerable amount of human decency would be to take some time - maybe a few hours a month - and volunteer to help people in need ...

Just about every neighborhood has a house or two in which the grass is way too high, or the house has fallen into disrepair, and the occupants might need a hand .. or they might not ..... But my point is that by volunteering to help out, either thru an agency or just perhaps asking, would be a very decent thing to do ..

How can you say: "Lorraine, I do NOT mean this as critical of your post, as I am sure you are sympathetic" and then proceed to preach to me?

Tell me, Lucas, what do you know about me? You have assumed and concluded much about me.

When was the last time you looked in the mirror? :)

• Like 1

Well said.

• Like 1

I go my out of my way to help people, but many people take advantage of that.

I don't want to sound mean, I do after all clean for elderly people who I met via word of mouth and proceed to do groceries, but some people do try to take advantage of me, and I have to say no.

If a lawn needs mowing, if a shelf needs fixing, if a house needs cleaning, fine. But I only do it for those who have legitimate reasons to need assistance.

Laziness, drug addiction, bad upbringing, all are sad, and I would love them to get the help they need. But it won't be from me, unless of course they are making clear and sincere effort to clean themselves up. I help those who seek to help themselves.

Lucas, I agree with much of what you say, but some people who live a certain way would not, and I have learned this from experience, receive a kind offer to help from a stranger kindly.

Some people are really just not very kind, or hygenic, well-mannered or honest. It is not my role to try and change that, but I have, and continue to, help people better their lives. It is a big part of my life to reach out to people, and I spend my own money I have earned in order to do so.

My heart goes to Lorraine and her affected community. Those who caused so much damage, I swear I really do wish them well and so often such ones to turn around and better their lives, but all the same those they inflicted fear upon deserve the support.

The first person who can help you is yourself. Until then, no one else can (but of course we must always at least try).

But it doesn't mean I need to cross the road to knock on a well known aggressive neighbour and offer to mow the lawn for them.

You reap what you so, and if what you sow is unkindness, you have to reap it. Unless, of course, you strive to change. Only then do you start to sow the right seeds.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

How can you say: "Lorraine, I do NOT mean this as critical of your post, as I am sure you are sympathetic" and then proceed to preach to me?

Tell me, Lucas, what do you know about me? You have assumed and concluded much about me.

When was the last time you looked in the mirror? :)

Lorraine, in no way did I intend my comments to be directed at you, and you only ... I posted my thoughts in general, and again, I tried to make it clear that I wasn't singling you out or directing anything at you ..

I only know you from this board, and I have the utmost respect for how you conduct yourself and your opinions on things . .

• Like 1

I go my out of my way to help people, but many people take advantage of that.

I don't want to sound mean, I do after all clean for elderly people who I met via word of mouth and proceed to do groceries, but some people do try to take advantage of me, and I have to say no.

If a lawn needs mowing, if a shelf needs fixing, if a house needs cleaning, fine. But I only do it for those who have legitimate reasons to need assistance.

Laziness, drug addiction, bad upbringing, all are sad, and I would love them to get the help they need. But it won't be from me, unless of course they are making clear and sincere effort to clean themselves up. I help those who seek to help themselves.

Lucas, I agree with much of what you say, but some people who live a certain way would not, and I have learned this from experience, receive a kind offer to help from a stranger kindly.

Some people are really just not very kind, or hygenic, well-mannered or honest. It is not my role to try and change that, but I have, and continue to, help people better their lives. It is a big part of my life to reach out to people, and I spend my own money I have earned in order to do so.

My heart goes to Lorraine and her affected community. Those who caused so much damage, I swear I really do wish them well and so often such ones to turn around and better their lives, but all the same those they inflicted fear upon deserve the support.

The first person who can help you is yourself. Until then, no one else can (but of course we must always at least try).

But it doesn't mean I need to cross the road to knock on a well known aggressive neighbour and offer to mow the lawn for them.

You reap what you so, and if what you sow is unkindness, you have to reap it. Unless, of course, you strive to change. Only then do you start to sow the right seeds.

Excellent post Segue

One of my earliest recollections of someone trying to help out was when my Mom went up to the door of a dilapidated house near where we lived - I was about 7 or 8 years old, and the only thing we really knew was that the house was occupied by an older couple ...

As I was watching from the car, I saw an old man open the door and proceed in a tirade, yelling at my Mom to get the hell out and that they didn't need charity . .

As I post this, I want to laugh, but it was truly a sad moment for both me and my Mom .. She was devastated and shaken, but she did as much as she could do ..

I guess the moral of the story is to do want you can - try your best, and if that doesn;t work, at least you gave it a shot

Edited by Lucas