Phone Zombies

Tick

I once stopped a phone zombie from plummeting onto the train tracks because he was doing that phone zombie look & walk. Grabbed the back of his shirt to stop him. All he did was bow slightly to show his gratitude. Within 10 steps he was back into phone zombie mode. Maybe I should've let him fall? :blaze:

You did the right thing, I think.

I've been in the same dilemma. Once I let 2 of them bump into each other. It was funny. Another time, had to stop a girl from walking into traffic on Broadway. What was sad was that she pulled back and gave me that WTF look, like i was accosting her. LOL. I told her, next time i'll let the taxi hit you.

• Like 1

They walk around like zombies with their phones in front of them.

When the power goes out and there is no phone service/they can't charge up, they walk around like zombies becasue they don't know how to interact with each other personally.

We're all f***ed, basically.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

They walk around like zombies with their phones in front of them.

When the power goes out and there is no phone service/they can't charge up, they walk around like zombies becasue they don't know how to interact with each other personally.

We're all f***ed, basically.

Yep. Does not compute.

• Like 1

Phone zombies...

http://pauldeleon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/woman_cell_phone.jpg

In the concert halls,

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6e00986790a0e8479e7630b702f7e761.jpg

In the shopping malls...

BE COOL OR BE CAST OUT!

Phone zombies!

http://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/default/ds-photo/getty/article/181/177/119404197_XS.jpg

On the golf course!

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6cd2ecacc5ed8b8b95028947d0ef6252.jpg

On the back of a horse!

BE COOL OR BE CAST OUT!!!!!

This just says it all!

Phone Zombies drive me fuckingg nuts.

They bump into me.

They walk into parking meters.

They fall off curbs.

They walk into telephone poles.

They walk into trees.

They are so dumb. Just like a real zombie.

This world is totally Fugazi.

Signed

Marillion

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

I sit in a restauraunt with my wife, right? We both have phones out - her to get texts from my daughter..which is what the tech is great for. Easy way to keep in touch. Mine is just out. In case I get a call for work or something... and it's easier than being in my pocket.

But we look around and laugh..even in a nice place, if people aren't eating they are looking at their phones. Not everyone, but i'd say 75%..even some people in my age group (I'm 48). It's like they're out to dinner with their phones;

• Like 2

Tick, where you been?!

Hiding in the bushes. Sleeping off a hangover.

He's been to an insanity symposium.

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/18ec5122622f6ffb15ee7b7bce0f6e0c.jpg

• Like 3

I sit in a restauraunt with my wife, right? We both have phones out - her to get texts from my daughter..which is what the tech is great for. Easy way to keep in touch. Mine is just out. In case I get a call for work or something... and it's easier than being in my pocket.

But we look around and laugh..even in a nice place, if people aren't eating they are looking at their phones. Not everyone, but i'd say 75%..even some people in my age group (I'm 48). It's like they're out to dinner with their phones;

Scariest effing thing is seeing a 70 yr old texting and driving.

• Like 1

::chills::

Scariest I've seen was a young mother running

across the street during rush hour. The pedestrian light was flashing (which meant it was going to be red soon and cars were going to be crossing soon), the street was totally crowded, and she was carrying her infant child in one arm while looking at her phone in the other. It's hard enough for ME to manipulate those insane rush hour crowds in Japan without carrying an infant or looking at a phone + not running. Seeing that woman do that actually made me angry.

• Like 3

I still use one of these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/w385_zpsnqlm0zsq.jpg

And I make no apologies for it. Somehow I'm able to make it through the day not being able to play Angry Birds. I'm not a slave to my phone and I'm saving a ton of money each month.

• Like 1

And I make no apologies for it. Somehow I'm able to make it through the day not being able to play Angry Birds. I'm not a slave to my phone and I'm saving a ton of money each month.

Yeah,

I have a tracfone. Thats all I need. A lady at work was all upset about some thing last week. I asked her, what's wrong? She said I need $250.00 by the end of the week so I can pay my phone bill. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I used to love my trac phone... but mostly due to needingto be able to access work email, I have to have a smart phone.

For me it's basically a glorified mail client with a phone attached. I don't play a lot of games anyway.. certainly not on a phone. I gotta admit, some apps are interesting... productivity stuff to take down notes and have them forward to my mail client at home... Evernot which works in the cloud.. a glorified notepad.

But I wouldn't use that kind of phone at all if it weren't for the work need. Now only if they'd pay for it......

• Like 1

I have a smart phone but only because my wife and daughter have them and I got one free with the phone plan. No 15 year old girl is without a smart phone! Trust me..."Be cool or be cast out!"

In any event, the type of phone you have has its days numbered. Sooner or later they with force everyone's hand to have a smart phone. Its inevitable. I use my phone to check a sports score or to text. That's about it. Kind of sad considering of what its capable of. I just have no real interest in f***ing with a stupid phone every spare moment.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with the phones. I don't use mine at dinner or while talking to people but it's nice to be able to do something entertaining or constructive if you're waiting somewhere.

Exactly.

I spend a lot of time commuting on trains so there's that. Plus, I absolutely need it for work.

Wait, you can call people with these things?

In all seriousness, the advances that have been made when it comes to mobile phones are incredible. I have anything I could ever want to know in the palm of my hand, literally. These things are the greatest source of learning I could ever need.

:goodone:

Wait, you can call people with these things?

In all seriousness, the advances that have been made when it comes to mobile phones are incredible. I have anything I could ever want to know in the palm of my hand, literally. These things are the greatest source of learning I could ever need.

No, I'd say having experiences is the greatest source of learning you could ever need. I'd also add: you're in trouble if you believe that everything you could ever want to know is accessible in a cell phone.

• Like 1

I don't think people here,

Are so much against the technology and some help like GPS they offer. Its the zombies that let it run there lives. Espescially those who walk in to trafiic because they are looking at there phones. Drivers who cause accidents, stuff like that. I can't imagine what some of them would do if they had no phone for a week.

• Like 1

Are so much against the technology and some help like GPS they offer. Its the zombies that let it run there lives. Espescially those who walk in to trafiic because they are looking at there phones. Drivers who cause accidents, stuff like that. I can't imagine what some of them would do if they had no phone for a week.

Well, their genetic structure and pre-cell phone human behavioral patterns would slowly return. That's the optimist in me. The pessimist in me says there would be various withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, nervousness, and other conditions often associated with being a dick.

• Like 1

Well, their genetic structure and pre-cell phone human behavioral patterns would slowly return. That's the optimist in me. The pessimist in me says there would be various withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, nervousness, and other conditions often associated with being a dick.

They would freak out,

In fact I read months ago some kid killed himself because his dad took it away. :facepalm: