Phone Zombies

Tick

I don't think people here,

Are so much against the technology and some help like GPS they offer. Its the zombies that let it run there lives. Espescially those who walk in to trafiic because they are looking at there phones. Drivers who cause accidents, stuff like that. I can't imagine what some of them would do if they had no phone for a week.

Well, their genetic structure and pre-cell phone human behavioral patterns would slowly return. That's the optimist in me. The pessimist in me says there would be various withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, nervousness, and other conditions often associated with being a dick.

They would freak out,

In fact I read months ago some kid killed himself because his dad took it away. :facepalm:

About 7-8 years ago I knew a spoiled little junior high girl that racked up about a 400 dollar cell phone bill in a month...downloading shit and whatnot. She was pissed because her mum took it away as punishment. When I asked the girl if her mum took the phone away forever, she answered, "Of course no. It was for that afternoon. Isn't she unfair?!" I said to her, "Wow. How did you manage?" She didn't catch the sarcasm.

• Like 2

Wait, you can call people with these things?

In all seriousness, the advances that have been made when it comes to mobile phones are incredible. I have anything I could ever want to know in the palm of my hand, literally. These things are the greatest source of learning I could ever need.

No, I'd say having experiences is the greatest source of learning you could ever need. I'd also add: you're in trouble if you believe that everything you could ever want to know is accessible in a cell phone.

I was exaggerating a bit. Look, I'm not a phone zombie. I actually can, and do, function for more than five minutes without my phone, unlike most other people I know. But, I have to say that a smartphone is an excellent educational resource. It's easy to abuse it and get too caught up with it, though.

• Like 1

Wait, you can call people with these things?

In all seriousness, the advances that have been made when it comes to mobile phones are incredible. I have anything I could ever want to know in the palm of my hand, literally. These things are the greatest source of learning I could ever need.

No, I'd say having experiences is the greatest source of learning you could ever need. I'd also add: you're in trouble if you believe that everything you could ever want to know is accessible in a cell phone.

I was exaggerating a bit. Look, I'm not a phone zombie. I actually can, and do, function for more than five minutes without my phone, unlike most other people I know. But, I have to say that a smartphone is an excellent educational resource. It's easy to abuse it and get too caught up with it, though.

Fair enough. "Yup" on the last two sentences.

• Like 1

Are so much against the technology and some help like GPS they offer. Its the zombies that let it run there lives. Espescially those who walk in to trafiic because they are looking at there phones. Drivers who cause accidents, stuff like that. I can't imagine what some of them would do if they had no phone for a week.

Well, their genetic structure and pre-cell phone human behavioral patterns would slowly return. That's the optimist in me. The pessimist in me says there would be various withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, nervousness, and other conditions often associated with being a dick.

They would freak out,

In fact I read months ago some kid killed himself because his dad took it away. :facepalm:

About 7-8 years ago I knew a spoiled little junior high girl that racked up about a 400 dollar cell phone bill in a month...downloading shit and whatnot. She was pissed because her mum took it away as punishment. When I asked the girl if her mum took the phone away forever, she answered, "Of course no. It was for that afternoon. Isn't she unfair?!" I said to her, "Wow. How did you manage?" She didn't catch the sarcasm.

Of course she didn't. :LOL:

• Like 1

I still use one of these.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/w385_zpsnqlm0zsq.jpg

And I make no apologies for it. Somehow I'm able to make it through the day not being able to play Angry Birds. I'm not a slave to my phone and I'm saving a ton of money each month.

:goodone:

I have a similar phone only it's a Nokia. My daughter sent me this video- :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ea3l8Zl2k

• Like 2

They walk around like zombies with their phones in front of them.

When the power goes out and there is no phone service/they can't charge up, they walk around like zombies becasue they don't know how to interact with each other personally.

We're all f***ed, basically.

And people wonder why I'm never happy. I hate this world.

Edited by fraroc

Went out to dinner with a guy I haven't seen in a while - last Thursday night. He kept looking at his phone, doing facebook and twitter - and was having a chat session with another guy. Some drama going on.

I'm an easygoing impatieint kind of guy. If that makes any sense. I get that there's some shit happening, but if you don't have respect for me being there after we've been sitting down for about 10 minutes, I'm going to get insulted.

I did. The dude was out with his phone, not with me.

So I left him there. I dropped $10 on the table to cover my beer, and I walked out. He didn't even notice. Texted me almost 20 mins later, wanted to know where i was. I told him I left becasue he was out with his phone, and i didn't have time for it.

He didn't quite get the point. Whatever. I can't be bothered with this shit. Call me (ha ha) when you're going to leave the phone in your pocket.

• Like 4

Went out to dinner with a guy I haven't seen in a while - last Thursday night. He kept looking at his phone, doing facebook and twitter - and was having a chat session with another guy. Some drama going on.

I'm an easygoing impatieint kind of guy. If that makes any sense. I get that there's some shit happening, but if you don't have respect for me being there after we've been sitting down for about 10 minutes, I'm going to get insulted.

So I left him there. I dropped $10 on the table to cover my beer, and I walked out. He didn't even notice. Texted me almost 20 mins later, wanted to know where i was. I told him I left becasue he was out with his phone, and i didn't have time for it.

He didn't quite get the point. Whatever. I can't be bothered with this shit. Call me (ha ha) when you're going to leave the phone in your pocket.

That's so rude. I would have called him on it before I left and let him know what a 1st class asshole he was.

How old are you guys?

• Like 1

:goodone:

That kind of sh** drives me nuts.

That's so rude. I would have called him on it before I left and let him know what a 1st class asshole he was.

How old are you guys?

late 40's. I made a couple of comments about "busy night on facebook huh? Want a beer"?

Rude is ignoring me, not my reaction to being ignorned.

• Like 1

How old are you guys?

late 40's. I made a couple of comments about "busy night on facebook huh? Want a beer"?

You would think the dude would have had a clue?

• Like 1

They would freak out,

Speaking from the point of view of someone who has dealt with suicidal thoughts and self harm for five years....I don't think the phone being taken away alone caused this person to take his own life, there has to be more to the story than that.

The possibility that this kid could have had underlining depression/anxiety is very real and heartbreaking.

How old are you guys?

Yeah, he was being rude no doubt. But why didn't you just tell him that you were splitting THEN drop the 10?

I also don't understand what "easygoing impatient kind of guy" means. Does it mean that you're actually impatient but present yourself as easygoing? Or that you're either one depending on how annoyed you get?

They would freak out,

Speaking from the point of view of someone who has dealt with suicidal thoughts and self harm for five years....I don't think the phone being taken away alone caused this person to take his own life, there has to be more to the story than that.

The possibility that this kid could have had underlining depression/anxiety is very real and heartbreaking.

Yeah, I agree with all of that.

But maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe that phone was the only way he knew how to escape from his stress...and when that was taken away so was his means of escape.

Just saw the greatest phone zombie of all time! A zombie in the urinal next to me was zombie-ing away (while simultaneously doing #1) when he noticed he pissed on his own foot! Love it! :LOL:

12002776_10201046472480061_5067842783991070937_n.jpg?oh=213dc570671df2a44bf74f790d61bd30&oe=569EA1CE

• Like 2

They would freak out,

Could be,

But thats what the story was about. But I still wouldn't be surprised if it was just the phone.

I swear, Natural Science is about the phone zombies.

Just think about it, smartphone and social media addicts live in their own tidal pools, unaware of the vast sea that surrounds them. They lose sight of their way and their causes can't see their effects. Being connected to electronic devices all the time, they aren't aware of the beauty that surrounds them, nature.

Phone zombies are fuckking idiots. I actually look for them. Fuckking idiot phone zombie on the road in the fast lane doing 50. looking down at his crotch on his fukking cell phone.

Phone zombies are great drivers. Watch out Rush Friends! They are on our roads and our sidewalks.

I'm trying to eat my lunch today at Chipolte and some jack ass is showing a video to his buddy while they are scarfing down their fuckingg lunch like a ...............................

Phone Zombie.

The f***ing Walking Dread

• Like 1

Phone zombies are fuckking idiots. I actually look for them. Fuckking idiot phone zombie on the road in the fast lane doing 50. looking down at his crotch on his fukking cell phone.

Phone zombies are great drivers. Watch out Rush Friends! They are on our roads and our sidewalks.

I'm trying to eat my lunch today at Chipolte and some jack ass is showing a video to his buddy while they are scarfing down their fuckingg lunch like a ...............................

Phone Zombie.

The f***ing Walking Dread

Saw a bicyclist like this today (see it every day honestly) except that there was a line of cars behind him because the idiot was riding down the center of the road. Zombie was 100% oblivious to the traffic behind him.

http://www.drfphoto.com/image/full/13476.jpg

Even banana chomping chimps on bikes have more sense than these zombie chumps!

http://www.mrmystic.com/gallery2/Chimp-Riding-Bicycle.jpg

• Like 1

I have a phone that is really basic in case i need to call AAA or work - that's it. I don't even get reception in my Town. I have to drive to the next town over to use a cell phone. It isn't on unless I'm driving to a family function or at the airport.

If people need to get in touch, they'll find me - I don't go very far.

• Like 1