The Oldies Thread For TRF Old Timers!

Lorraine

Walk Away Renee - The left Banke

My best friend across the street was named Renee; it was kind of unusual at the time and we loved that there was a song with her name in it. So pretty but kind of sad melody. . .

• Like 1

Petula Clark - Downtown

Man, I'm off work now and going through this thread.... I almost want to cry with the good memories

Me too. All morning I've been on the verge of tears myself for the same reason.

If K-Tel put them all in a collection I'd buy it in a heart beat!!

Petula Clark - Downtown

Man, I'm off work now and going through this thread.... I almost want to cry with the good memories

So would I. I've been looking to see what is available, but nothing worth buying.

All that is on this thread is priceless really. The days before albums when we would stack our 45s on the record player and listen away.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Out of all the things that have been mentioned, I have enough of them to fill at least a couple of CD's worth...I may be getting to work on that before too long.

• Like 1

Petula Clark - Downtown

So would I. I've been looking to see what is available, but nothing worth buying.

All that is on this thread is priceless really. The days before albums when we would stack our 45s on the record player and listen away.

Yeah,

Perfect timing for it since it was the the last major :rush: tour.

• Like 1

Lesley Gore- It's My Party (1965)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Didn't remember it that much the first time around but it was everyone's favorite oldie by like the time we were 12!

Lesley Gore did some great songs. She's a Fool, You Don't Own Me, Sunshine Lollipops, and It's Judy's turn to cry.... I remember those. There used to be an after school show on CBC in the 60s and they always played Sunshine Lollipops...

Didn't remember it that much the first time around but it was everyone's favorite oldie by like the time we were 12!

Lesley Gore did some great songs. She's a Fool, You Don't Own Me, Sunshine Lollipops, and It's Judy's turn to cry.... I remember those. There used to be an after school show on CBC in the 60s and they always played Sunshine Lollipops...

She was so young too. Didn't she just die?

I remember her always on the Dick Clark Show.

She was so young too. Didn't she just die?

I remember her always on the Dick Clark Show.

Wait a minute how did you discover that there were 490 people in my Saints thread from last year? I mean how did you even know, it was well buried in One Little Victory?

Edited by treeduck