The Oldies Thread For TRF Old Timers!

Lorraine

Donavan - Hurdy Gurdy Man and Sunshine Superman, plus Mellow Yellow (the electrical banana was code for smoking drugs??? - remember that?)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good stuff right there. :codger:

Lesley Gore- It's My Party (1965)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Didn't remember it that much the first time around but it was everyone's favorite oldie by like the time we were 12!

Lesley Gore did some great songs. She's a Fool, You Don't Own Me, Sunshine Lollipops, and It's Judy's turn to cry.... I remember those. There used to be an after school show on CBC in the 60s and they always played Sunshine Lollipops...

She was so young too. Didn't she just die?

I remember her always on the Dick Clark Show.

Wait a minute how did you discover that there were 490 people in my Saints thread from last year? I mean how did you even know, it was well buried in One Little Victory?

You came here to ask me that? :LOL: :lol: Well, I was snooping to see what everyone was doing here and saw all of these guests looking at this Saints thread, so I thought to go there and see for myself what it was all about. The more I went back, the more guests I saw viewing it. :) That's the story.

Aubrey - Bread

I hate not having "Likes" :boohoo:

Bread had a string of hits - It Don't Matter To Me, Guitar Man.

I don't like not having likes either. The last time this happened to me was the day of the Tulsa show and the day after.

Aubrey - Bread

I don't like not having likes either. The last time this happened to me was the day of the Tulsa show and the day after.

Bread had some beautiful songs... I'd Like to Make it with You, Baby I'm a want you, If, If a picture paints a thousand words.. Great memories..

Aubrey - Bread

Bread had some beautiful songs... I'd Like to Make it with You, Baby I'm a want you, If, If a picture paints a thousand words.. Great memories..

Thank you. The only songs I could think of were the two I named knowing I was leaving a bunch out. I had their album Manna. It was very good.

This thread is kind of overwhelming.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Lesley Gore- It's My Party (1965)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Didn't remember it that much the first time around but it was everyone's favorite oldie by like the time we were 12!

Lesley Gore did some great songs. She's a Fool, You Don't Own Me, Sunshine Lollipops, and It's Judy's turn to cry.... I remember those. There used to be an after school show on CBC in the 60s and they always played Sunshine Lollipops...

She was so young too. Didn't she just die?

I remember her always on the Dick Clark Show.

Wait a minute how did you discover that there were 490 people in my Saints thread from last year? I mean how did you even know, it was well buried in One Little Victory?

You came here to ask me that? :LOL: :lol: Well, I was snooping to see what everyone was doing here and saw all of these guests looking at this Saints thread, so I thought to go there and see for myself what it was all about. The more I went back, the more guests I saw viewing it. :) That's the story.

Hmmm I wonder who they are?? :blink: ...And what they want?? :unsure: :wacko:

• Like 1

I don't listen to them a lot. but i have a deep love for this classic age of pop and all these great oldies.

this thread is making me re-visit/think of songs i don't pay attention to often enough.

Mick

• Like 2

This thread is kind of overwhelming.

I agree. On the one hand, having these songs listed brings joy of good memories, on the other hand I feel I may need a tissue... must be because I'm an old sentimental geezer..

Yeah,

Its really amazing how many great tunes came out back in the day. :D

• Like 2