Getting your favorite rush rare tune played on the radio

madrushian

Reading Nicky6 post about grand design got me thinking.

I think everyone should try getting their favorite rush tune played on the radio. Then report back what the tune is and if they get it played on the radio.

I think it is worth it. Since their final tour is over and some DJ's may do this out of respect for the band and the fans. Its worth a try.

My choice is red tide

Don't most radio stations only have songs that were released as singles? Asking for a rare tune will probably not work in a lot of cases if they don't have the song. Plus, if you can listen to any Rush song any time you want, what's the point of requesting it on the radio?
  • Like 2

Don't most radio stations only have songs that were released as singles? Asking for a rare tune will probably not work in a lot of cases if they don't have the song. Plus, if you can listen to any Rush song any time you want, what's the point of requesting it on the radio?

Probably to expose others to their music

People who regularly listen to classic rock radio more than likely don't care about anything from Rush past the big hits. Hearing a deep cut probably wouldn't change that.

• Like 1

People who regularly listen to classic rock radio more than likely don't care about anything from Rush past the big hits. Hearing a deep cut probably wouldn't change that.

I think it would just be a cool thing to hear a song you chose come on the radio, even if others dont like it, it would be cool. Cant please everyone

I think everyone should try getting their favorite rush tune played on the radio. Then report back what the tune is and if they get it played on the radio.

I think it is worth it. Since their final tour is over and some DJ's may do this out of respect for the band and the fans. Its worth a try.

My choice is red tide

This is a great post .............from 1987

• Like 2

My choice is red tide

I would have loved to hear a radio station play Red Tide in 1987...

• Like 3

My choice is red tide

I would have loved to hear a radio station play Red Tide in 1987...

That station would have been ahead of its time, that's for sure.

• Like 4

Back in the 80's I used to always call my local fm station to request Xanadu.. haha I was so dumb back then
  • Like 2

"From Rush's 1993 effort, Counterparts, this is "The Speed Of Love" as requested by a listener.... a dozen times!"

Cuz one Rush fan is worth a dozen regular people!! ;)

• Like 1

My choice is red tide

"Red Lenses"

Had a buddy (back in the mid-late 80's) that worked a local station that usually worked the overnight slot, who played Hemispheres when he had to use the bathroom for an extended period of time...I was coming home from a gig, and was in the middle of changing cassettes, and was like "wait...what?!?!" So when I got home, I called and he said "I play that when I need to take a dump"! He said he also used Inna Gadda Da Vida, and Dazed and Confused from Song remains the Same. Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

I cant believe all the negative. You guys need to relax. I though rush fans were above thread crapping and ar so bord they have to troll on other rush fans.

You so called rush fans red tide came off presto and not HYF...

Thank you those who responded with the songs they would like to try to get on the radio.

I actually emailed a local station program director and he told me that Rush did not poll well in our geographic, but loves Rush himself. He is a big Rush fan.

He told me he was in Greensboro for the same Rush concert I went to last May.

They don't play classic rock. They play the newer stuff.

the only "deep cut" that my local station plays is big money.

Well according to the same friend that I mentioned above...a LOT of program directors dictated what you can and cannot play during most daytime gigs. He said at night mostly anything went as long as nothing was on the list of songs you weren't allowed to play, but during the day certain albums, certain songs, and certain bands were taboo!