Countdown vs. Kid Gloves

driven_to_xanadu

The big decision.........  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like more?

the solo in kid gloves alone is more memorable than anything on echo, snakes or vapor

I have no idea what solo you're talking about.

yeah, I forgot. if a song has synths, it doesn't have guitar. even if it does.

the solo in kid gloves alone is more memorable than anything on echo, snakes or vapor

I'm sure it has a guitar, I just remember really bad lyrics and tons of synths. Kid Gloves would be the worst song on T4E or VT, and it doesn't come close to Far Cry and the S&A instrumentals.

• Like 1

I'm sure it has a guitar, I just remember really bad lyrics and tons of synths. Kid Gloves would be the worst song on T4E or VT, and it doesn't come close to Far Cry and the S&A instrumentals.

dude, even JARG said kid gloves was one of the best solos. I'm not being a synth fairy this time, the solo is killer

• Like 1

dude, even JARG said kid gloves was one of the best solos. I'm not being a synth fairy this time, the solo is killer

The beginning of the solo is cool and unique, but most of the guitar, like the song, is not memorable.

• Like 1

That's a eye roller of an overstatement right there. :o

I'm one of the few nuts who would put GUP in his top 5. sorry, but I was born this way

• Like 1

The beginning of the solo is cool and unique, but most of the guitar, like the song, is not memorable.

you're not memorable!!!!

• Like 1

I'm one of the few nuts who would put GUP in his top 5. sorry, but I was born this way

GUP in your top five???

You are crazy dude!

Like me coz I do as well haha

• Like 1

GUP in your top five???

You are crazy dude!

Overall, I do like Grace Under Pressure better than Signals. Not top five, but a great record. But I still like Countdown more.

And for the record, I don't hear an abundance of synth in Kid Gloves anyway. It's not anything like the song that follows it.

Oh, and just an aside...Segue, I'm surprised you didn't seize on bathory's Lady Gaga reference, hahaha!

• Like 1

I actually really like Countdown

Geddy is inspired both vocally and on bass - the bass is killer

And I love the Altered Beast / Super R-Type synth breaks

Countdown !!!!!

Yes! ^ This.

GUP in your top five???

You are crazy dude!

Overall, I do like Grace Under Pressure better than Signals. Not top five, but a great record. But I still like Countdown more.

And for the record, I don't hear an abundance of synth in Kid Gloves anyway. It's not anything like the song that follows it.

Oh, and just an aside...Segue, I'm surprised you didn't seize on bathory's Lady Gaga reference, hahaha!

Erm...I didn't want to start a Bad Romance!

GUP in your top five???

You are crazy dude!

:eyeroll:

No worries...bathory and LedRush seem to have that already!

• Like 1

GUP in your top five???

You are crazy dude!

:eyeroll:

No worries...bathory and LedRush seem to have that already!

When I see Bathory, I always want to Poke Her Face.

• Like 2

This one was very tough for me. Kid Gloves has some great guitar work that Countdown lacked, but Countdown I think is just a better song, and you get a VERY rare moment of Geddy shredding the keys, something he doesn't really do ever.

kid gloves

noun

• gloves made of fine kid leather.

• used in reference to careful and delicate treatment of a person or situation.

modifier noun:
      kid-glove
      ; noun:
      kid-glove

"The star is getting kid-glove treatment"

Edited by goose