Would you see Rush live without Neil?

Union 5-3992

Would you see Rush without Neil?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still see Rush if they replaced Neil live?

• No
    • Wtf? No, why would you even think that?

I'd see 'Leefson' with pleasure and I'd like they added a great keyboards player to the line up to refresh the formula at that point and have no boundaries on stage (if any hasn't been already crossed...)

But I don't think I would cross 'the pond' for them, hoping for a good European reception of the project and a tour in a 500/700 miles radius around.

268px-Rickwakemanmoog.jpg :yes:

I'm almost afraid to ask if that's supposed to be Rick Wakeman?

I'd see 'Leefson' with pleasure and I'd like they added a great keyboards player to the line up to refresh the formula at that point and have no boundaries on stage (if any hasn't been already crossed...)

But I don't think I would cross 'the pond' for them, hoping for a good European reception of the project and a tour in a 500/700 miles radius around.

268px-Rickwakemanmoog.jpg :yes:

I'm almost afraid to ask if that's supposed to be Rick Wakeman?

It is. Genius...

Yes, it's true he is a keyboard genius, but he doesn't quite look the way I remember him.

More than ever I think that aging is a cruel and heartless bad joke nature plays on us. And it always starts just when we finally have it all together. :unsure:

• Like 1

Hard to vote

Oh go ahead! You can't go wrong. It's either no or NO!!!.

Win/win either way. ;)

I mean I would love to see a Rush show with just Geddy and Alex if Neil didn't want to.

Catch being a name change would be required. Call it the Dirk/Lerxst Power Hour

• Like 1

For whatever reason, I just can't see Geddy playing on a stage with any other musicians than Al and Neil. Neil either, but that's for a different reason. Alex I can see making guest live appearances, with random other bands. But not Geddy.

Those three guys in Rush, they've always belonged together, belonged to one another. And I think they've always known that. And I'm glad for it.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, I just can't see Geddy playing on a stage with any other musicians than Al and Neil. Neil either, but that's for a different reason. Alex I can see making guest live appearances, with random other bands. But not Geddy.

Those three guys in Rush, they've always belonged together, belonged to one another. And I think they've always known that. And I'm glad for it.

Leefson played YYZ with Taylor Hawkins and it was glorious. He even played it at the right speed unlike a certain clown-nosed grump.

• Like 1

Neil is stunning amazing and awesome, but...

Alex and Geddy are 100% Rock Gods. How is this even a question? Of course you go. If drums are your thing, I get it. But for those of us who prefer guitar n bass... Sit at home or see two thirds of Rush. Tough choice, hmmmmm.

Edit , I'm referring to Leefson, as the Rush name should be retired.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 1

I don't see it happening. Remember in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" Geddy discussed this and indicated that he did not want to be in Rush without either one of the other 2.

If they did play together it would not be Rush - not as we know it and likely it would not be called Rush. And I do not think they would play together. I think they might try different solo projects however.

But if they did play together would I see it?? Perhaps. But I don't think it will happen.

Thought about it. I'd feel a bit conflicted, but I'd go If they got someone really good. I would go in already knowing it wasn't gonna be AS good as with Neil. But Al and Ged are still worth paying to see and I'd judge it on whether they put on the best show they could WITHOUT Neil.

But as said by others, it will never happen.

While there are plenty of drummers with more chops than Peart no one plays like him and merely copying him would be a pale imitation of the original. It'd be like watching a tribute band...good musicians themselves but not quite the real thing. That's when Rush plays state fairs with Styx and Foghat. Gag.

Nope.

There is no Rush without Neil.

Agreed. It's why I don't own the debut album.

Hey their debut is pretty good and very underrated

Yes sir. I enjoy it for what it is. Not fair to compare what came after it to it, IMHO.

That said, I would totally see Geddy and Alex. It's not like those two are completely worthless without Neil. :LOL: