All right. I'm calling some of you guys out . . .

Rick N. Backer

ok, time to make your bottom 5 lists.

People will be even more insulted. That should be worth 10 pages of posts.

Feedback doesn't count since it's just a cover album and in a different league.

1. Hold Your Nose

2. Presto

3. COS

4. Roll the Bones

5. Test for Echo

I almost put PW as 5 because of the cheesy synths, but I have to admit there's pretty good consistent material on the album.

A show of hands kind of blows as a live album as well.

Let the shit storm begin!

Edit: Oops I forgot RTB (as much as I could), so new list for me.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Bottom five

1. Snakes And Arrows

2. Counterparts (seriously grew off me)

3. Fly By Night

4. Roll The Bones

5. Clockwork Angels

• Like 1

Every TrueRushFan™ has a top five list like this (list courtesy of a TrueRushFan™:

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

All the rest are wanna-be's.

This should stir the pot and fan the flames. :fury: :blaze: :tempted:

Put 2112 on the top and I would agree. Those are musts to love or you are out of the club... :D

Signals is overrated mediocrity, and 2112 is deliciously underrated on this forum...saves it from ever being annoyingly fanboyed over! Hems is great, but I don't think it has to be on every top five list. I actually think some days that CoS is better.

Stirring the pot

*adds soy sauce*

Sir, your music taste STINKS!!!

• Like 2

All this love for "lesser" albums is obviously all just very poor acting on our parts.

Ahh, yes...you've caught me. The past 35 years of my life as a Rush fan have just been a tremendous pose- I actually don't like them at all!

I am not even a Rush fan. I just randomly pick an album title and blindly rave about it haha

This topic really touched a nerve for you two, huh? Interesting.

No, if it really touched a nerve, I wouldn't be posting anything at all in it. Wouldn't even be looking at it. As Segue said, just having a bit of fun.

It seems that people having favourites other than your own touched a nerve with you, hence we have this thread.

No man. I started the thread for some fun to kick something around. Read your first post. You decided to make it something else because your nose is apparently out of joint over something you read on a message board. Lighten up.

Every TrueRushFan™ has a top five list like this (list courtesy of a TrueRushFan™:

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

I can only assume that you are stating that you are a TrueRushFan because after they released 4 killer albums in a row (and really, more than that) you stuck with them through the utter disappointment and mediocrity of Signals. You are loyal, indeed.

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

Put 2112 on the top and I would agree. Those are musts to love or you are out of the club... :D

I don't care what anyone says, I'm proud to be a FakeRushFan:LOL:

And rightly you should be you professional counterfeit.

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

I can only assume that you are stating that you are a TrueRushFan because after they released 4 killer albums in a row (and really, more than that) you stuck with them through the utter disappointment and mediocrity of Signals. You are loyal, indeed.

:o You'll be hearing from my lawyer soon.

• Like 3

All this love for "lesser" albums is obviously all just very poor acting on our parts.

Ahh, yes...you've caught me. The past 35 years of my life as a Rush fan have just been a tremendous pose- I actually don't like them at all!

I am not even a Rush fan. I just randomly pick an album title and blindly rave about it haha

This topic really touched a nerve for you two, huh? Interesting.

No, if it really touched a nerve, I wouldn't be posting anything at all in it. Wouldn't even be looking at it. As Segue said, just having a bit of fun.

It seems that people having favourites other than your own touched a nerve with you, hence we have this thread.

No man. I started the thread for some fun to kick something around. Read your first post. You decided to make it something else because your nose is apparently out of joint over something you read on a message board. Lighten up.

My first post was me missing the point! Then inread through the comments and was like "oops I did it again"

LOL. Ha. Ha.

There's Waves, Pictures, Signals, and GUP.

All else are underlings to the Great Quad.

Isn't the Great Quad 2112, Hemi, PeW and MP? I thought that had been proven by String Theory as part of its explanation-of-everything. Oh wait, there's holes in String Theory. I guess the jury is out on the Great Quad, but I hold it would be those four, clearly.

In my world, the great quad is Caress Of Steel, 2112, A Farewell To Kings, and Hemispheres.

No, no, no. PeW, MP, VT, CA.

Edited by Disk98

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

Hard to argue with that list. Those were the prime years.

Although I'd replace Signals with 2112.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 3

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

Signals

Hard to argue with that list. Those were the prime years.

Although I'd replace Signals with 2112.

Young man, I see you are a TrueRushFan! :yes:

• Like 3

Wait so I'm just like not allowed to think that Moving Pictures isn't their best work? Or I'm not a "real fan" if I like Hold Your Fire better than Moving Pictures?

Isn't the thing that makes us all fans the fact that we can appreciate such a wide variety of music? I think it's great that we have differing opinions. It'd be so boring otherwise. And I think nobody is any less of a "true fan" for not liking Moving Pictures as much as any other fan.

First off, I would think the fact that my post was meant to be taken in good humor would be obvious.

However, to your question about "real fans" it is my belief that some people who call themselves "real fans" of a band, any band, often like to say they prefer obscure material to more commercially successful material (for example, a "real" ZZ Top fan doesn't like Eliminator, a "real" Black Sabbath fan doesn't like Paranoid) because it makes them appear to be more "into" the band's discography than a causal fan.

When there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6E_gC7UlMw

Why would I want to listen to Paranoid? It's a relatively bad album by Black Sabbath standards, the only reason why it's so popular is because almost every song is a radio staple, or well known, with the exception of Hand of Doom, and Planet Caravan. How many times has FWB, Paranoid, War Pigs, Electric Funeral, or Iron Man been ran into the ground. In my opinion it is an elementary album. Their Debut is so much better. So as someone who has all 19 albums, why would I go to Paranoid, when there is so much more musically diverse albums like Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath, or Never Say Die! or Technical Ectasy, or Headless Cross, e.t.c.

I do believe however that it is possible that Caress Of Steel could be ones favorite i.e. LedRush...

I'm convinced that every Rush album is someone's favorite.

I do believe however that it is possible that Caress Of Steel could be ones favorite i.e. LedRush...

I'm convinced that every Rush album is someone's favorite.

Great post RNB, I would agree you that every RUSH album IS someone's favorite album. For me it's GUP by far followed by 2112....MP IS GREAT album to me due solely to the track TCE. I'm not sure why that track stood out to me then and still does today. There's something to be said that we as fans go through phases where one album stands out more or where one prefers to listen to this album over another. Also others where one hasn't listened to in years or months such as S&A for me...it's like an upset stomach it just doesn't agree with me. I'd rather listen RTB over and over than go through that entire album.

In The End I love them ALL really why because the albums comes from this band from Canada with the guy some say has a funny sounding voice.

My top five (gotta love a good list):

1. AFTK

2. Hemispheres

3. Permanent Waves

4. Hold Your Fire

5. Power Windows

• Like 1

Bottom 5??

Presto

Roll The Bones

Hold Your Fire

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

• Like 2

Bottom 5??

Presto

Roll The Bones

Hold Your Fire

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

Just go eat some knives.

• Like 2

Poor Vapor Trails. It may be the only Rush album no one is mediocre about. Either love it or despise it.

Whatever you do, don't mention the remaster. :ph34r:

I don't really get why, as production aside the songs get quite a good response live and they aren't hugely different to albums like SA or CA.

• Like 1

Bottom 5??

Presto

Roll The Bones

Hold Your Fire

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

So the worst album released between 1987-2001 is the only one you don't list here?

Wait so I'm just like not allowed to think that Moving Pictures isn't their best work? Or I'm not a "real fan" if I like Hold Your Fire better than Moving Pictures?

Isn't the thing that makes us all fans the fact that we can appreciate such a wide variety of music? I think it's great that we have differing opinions. It'd be so boring otherwise. And I think nobody is any less of a "true fan" for not liking Moving Pictures as much as any other fan.

First off, I would think the fact that my post was meant to be taken in good humor would be obvious.

However, to your question about "real fans" it is my belief that some people who call themselves "real fans" of a band, any band, often like to say they prefer obscure material to more commercially successful material (for example, a "real" ZZ Top fan doesn't like Eliminator, a "real" Black Sabbath fan doesn't like Paranoid) because it makes them appear to be more "into" the band's discography than a causal fan.

When there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6E_gC7UlMw

Why would I want to listen to Paranoid? It's a relatively bad album by Black Sabbath standards, the only reason why it's so popular is because almost every song is a radio staple, or well known, with the exception of Hand of Doom, and Planet Caravan. How many times has FWB, Paranoid, War Pigs, Electric Funeral, or Iron Man been ran into the ground. In my opinion it is an elementary album. Their Debut is so much better. So as someone who has all 19 albums, why would I go to Paranoid, when there is so much more musically diverse albums like Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath, or Never Say Die! or Technical Ectasy, or Headless Cross, e.t.c.

Headless Cross is better than Paranoid? Really?

I have all their albums too. TE, NSD! and anything after Mob Rules do not belong in the same sentence with Paranoid.