Am I the only one that get hypnotized when I hear 2112?

YYZumbi

Every time I hear the song 2112 I just change. I get hypnotized and can´t focus on anything else but the song. I just sing a long the song and play air drums and air guitar. And I know every beat on it by now. And I get goosebumps every time I hear it!

And I always get a bit sad when it´s the part when the guy is thinking about taking his own life because the priests have destroyed his guitar.

Does this happen to anyone else?

• Like 3

Hypnotized, I don't think so, no...but i know what you mean. I've been mesmerized by it, which is sort of similar. But that doesn't happen every time, either, only because of how busy and distracted I can be. When I really take time for the music, and I'm focused on it, and there is nothing else going on around me, then...yes!

Do you play any musical instruments for real, Zumbi?

• Like 1

Hypnotized, I don't think so, no...but i know what you mean. I've been mesmerized by it, which is sort of similar. But that doesn't happen every time, either, only because of how busy and distracted I can be. When I really take time for the music, and I'm focused on it, and there is nothing else going on around me, then...yes!

No I do not. I have a electric and a acoustic guitar. I wanna learn to play guitar, but it´s just to hard for me... It does not sound good when I practice. And I am not fast enough to change accord.

I tried to search for a good training guide online. But I guess I am just to dumb to understand....

I think I need a teacher!

No I do not. I have a electric and a acoustic guitar. I wanna learn to play guitar, but it´s just to hard for me... It does not sound good when I practice. And I am not fast enough to change accord.

I tried to search for a good training guide online. But I guess I am just to dumb to understand....

Well, after the tour Alex will have some time off...

• Like 2

I only started playing guitar when I was 38 years old- about three and a half years ago. I bought an acoustic because I just wanted to play some songs that I've always loved. And I only play rhythm parts, mostly- not really any leads, and no soloing. I am certainly not what I would call a great guitarist, but it's something I enjoy. I can play Tears and Something For Nothing, from 2112, and a couple of other things. And then a lot of other things by other artists, but I don't play a lot of Rush, by comparison. Alex has always written some pretty complex guitar parts, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm saying, you're young, and I'm sure you can get better with it if you spend the time! (And yes, I also took lessons for about a year, until money became an issue- too many other things in my life to spend it on).

Being hypnotized by the music is not a bad thing at all. ;)

• Like 1

Well, after the tour Alex will have some time off...

Hahaha...

It does not sound good when I practice. And I am not fast enough to change accord.

Hey don't feel bad it's normal to be unable to do that when you start. If you're patient and practice a bit everyday (not too much, you don't want to hurt your fingers), you should be able to change accords quickly in a few weeks. imo the first few weeks/months are the hardest when learning to play guitar.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone
  • Like 1

At some point depending on my mood or external influences all of Rush's songs can bring me to that state of being. these days my facination lies with Cygnus X-1 Book II Hemispheres but next week it may be a different song (or songs)
  • Like 1

When I have a serious craving to crank up some Rush one of my go to is 2112 from 1997 Great woods and summer skies bootleg. It is also the same one on Different Stages. I just like listening to the rest of the cd also.

When I have a serious craving to crank up some Rush one of my go to is 2112 from 1997 Great woods and summer skies bootleg. It is also the same one on Different Stages. I just like listening to the rest of the cd also.

Yeah, thats a great bootleg! I have been listening a lot to Different Stages lately. Really love it!

I just wish it was the whole Test For Echo Tour concert on it!

Edited by YYZumbi

This is my favorite track to listen on my stationary bike, or at least the beginning and the end, the song really is perfect to play for the drummer in all of us. It doesn't hypnotize me, it gives me just the right tempo to make my workout effective.

No. 2112 doesn't do it for me. But other Rush songs do.

You don't like 2112? :o

Not as much as I like other Rush songs from the seventies. :)

What...? But, but, but... It's a masterpiece! How can you NOT like it? :o

I'm not sure if hypnotized is the right word but when I'm in the mood for it, I love listening to that song really loud with my headphones on and playing every instrument in the air. Then my arms hurt. Soliloquy still gives me goosebumps every single time :D

Intense hypnosis during 2112. Damn, looks like those people from years ago who said Neil is involved with government mind control were right after all. lol. :D

Of course, they were right, RUSH is illuminati confirmed : http://www.illuminati-news.com/articles2/00330.html

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

No. 2112 doesn't do it for me. But other Rush songs do.

You don't like 2112? :o

Not as much as I like other Rush songs from the seventies. :)

What...? But, but, but... It's a masterpiece! How can you NOT like it? :o

She said she liked it, just not as much as you do. :D