The Official LeStudio Thread

YYZ Working Man

The clean up has begun - here we go again with Richard Baxter Quebec's street drummer and his fund raising crew starting the clean up of Le Studio . utube lestudio morin heights renovations.

The goal is turn it into museum /music school .

The guy needs to be committed. He's a nut.

• Like 1

The clean up has begun - here we go again with Richard Baxter Quebec's street drummer and his fund raising crew starting the clean up of Le Studio . utube lestudio morin heights renovations.

Well, I'm gullible and softhearted so I sent him $20 and I got a very nice long sleeved T shirt with the Le Studio logo on it and the caption of "Temple of Sound". Supposedly there's a clean-up session for those who want to help out and he's posted photos of work in progress. Since I don't live in Quebec, I won't make the cleaning session. No, it probably won't make any difference but just because you guys don't give a sh*t doesn't mean it doesn't have a future.

Well, I'm gullible and softhearted so I sent him $20 and I got a very nice long sleeved T shirt with the Le Studio logo on it and the caption of "Temple of Sound". Supposedly there's a clean-up session for those who want to help out and he's posted photos of work in progress. Since I don't live in Quebec, I won't make the cleaning session. No, it probably won't make any difference but just because you guys don't give a sh*t doesn't mean it doesn't have a future.

It isn't that they don't give a sh*t, it's just that the funds needed to make it a viable facility of any kind will probably never be raised. Besides that, the location isn't exactly in a spot that would attract many "tourists" so keeping it open would definitely be a challenge. That is why they think it doesn't have a future. I visited LeStudio before all the vandalism happened and it was pretty bad then. I can't imagine what it is like now.

I wonder where all the money that has been raised will go when the efforts are abandoned.

• Like 3

You obviously don't know about all of the fake profiles he's made on Facebook and how he's copied legitimate fan websites and added people to them without their knowledge, just to sell his paraphernalia. When confronted in any way about what he's doing he's sent nasty messages to many people, of which I personally have been on the receiving end. At one point he was selling parts of Le Studio. A piece of wood from the place. It's not his place to sell. He doesn't own it. Do people who donate not understand that? He has contributed to the destruction of the place and profited personally from it.

• Like 2

It isn't that they don't give a sh*t, it's just that the funds needed to make it a viable facility of any kind will probably never be raised. Besides that, the location isn't exactly in a spot that would attract many "tourists" so keeping it open would definitely be a challenge. That is why they think it doesn't have a future. I visited LeStudio before all the vandalism happened and it was pretty bad then. I can't imagine what it is like now.

I wonder where all the money that has been raised will go when the efforts are abandoned.

Richard Baxter, aka Johnny Blade (not our JB), Rick E Baxter, Richard Baxter II, Richard Baxter III, John Iommi, Terry King, Paul Jones, Carl Nelson, Syl Landry plus others.

He was selling the parquet floor for money. I'm sure the cash will go in his pocket. The owners have already said the place is beyond saving.

• Like 2

Who the f**k is going to go clear up there for music lessons? Is he gonna teach chipmunks and squirrels how to play TSOR?

It's done...bulldoze it and sell the property for development. Any talk about saving it is just hyping a run down, moldy property to dopes.

Money talks, bullshit walks. So unless he's putting his own money into it, take his bullshit elsewhere.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

You obviously don't know about all of the fake profiles he's made on Facebook and how he's copied legitimate fan websites and added people to them without their knowledge, just to sell his paraphernalia. When confronted in any way about what he's doing he's sent nasty messages to many people, of which I personally have been on the receiving end. At one point he was selling parts of Le Studio. A piece of wood from the place. It's not his place to sell. He doesn't own it. Do people who donate not understand that? He has contributed to the destruction of the place and profited personally from it.

My daughter went to the Music festival in Quebec last month headlining Metalica and The Who- She seen Mr.Baxter on the curb at the entrance to the venue with his street drummer set up and the LeStudio shirts (not even the right fonts ) and the campaign poster laid out beside him and watched him play out a bit .She then told her boyfriend" wow, there is someone else on earth who respects Rush and LeStudio like my dad does". As she approached him to throw in a few bucks in his near empty case -Rudely, He demanded she buy a shirt and contribute at least 20 bucks for his efforts . She was shocked that this guy who appeared to be on the down and out said that?" -then, he called them some rude names demanding a decent size donation? . My daughter turned around and told him to F-off.

Edited by YYZ Working Man
  • Like 3

My daughter went to the Music festival in Quebec last month headlining Metalica and The Who- She seen Mr.Baxter on the curb at the entrance to the venue with his street drummer set up and the LeStudio shirts (not even the right fonts ) and the campaign poster laid out beside him and watched him play out a bit .She then told her boyfriend" wow, there is someone else on earth who respects Rush and LeStudio like my dad does". As she approached him to throw in a few bucks in his near empty case -Rudely, He demanded she buy a shirt and contribute at least 20 bucks for his efforts . She was shocked that this guy who appeared to be on the down and out said that?" -then, he called them some rude names demanding a decent size donation? . My daughter turned around and told him to F-off.

Sounds like him. He has got a major screw loose.

There might be (shock horror) two people using that name. One legit, one asshole riding along. My T shirt is decent quality and looks right. He sent it all the way to here and said only nice things. I'm not trying to say you guys are wrong in what you have experienced or believe, just that it wasn't my experience. The photos looked like Le Studio was pretty trashed, but also showed people working on it. Yes, being up in the woods in Quebec won't get a lot of foot traffic but what the hell

There might be (shock horror) two people using that name. One legit, one asshole riding along. My T shirt is decent quality and looks right. He sent it all the way to here and said only nice things. I'm not trying to say you guys are wrong in what you have experienced or believe, just that it wasn't my experience. The photos looked like Le Studio was pretty trashed, but also showed people working on it. Yes, being up in the woods in Quebec won't get a lot of foot traffic but what the hell

If they are working on it then it is against the wishes of the owners. What they need to do is get arrested for trespassing, I suppose. Only thing that'll stop them.

Just read that LeStudio had a massive fire. Looks like 2/3 of it burned. They're saying it's probably vandalism. Wouldn't surprise me at this point. So sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4243188

Edited by EagleMoon

Just read that LeStudio had a massive fire. Looks like 2/3 of it burned. They're saying it's probably vandalism. Wouldn't surprise me at this point. So sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4243188

Wow. I hate that this happened. I'm so glad I got to visit there before all the vandalism happened. So what will Mr. Baxter do now?

• Like 2

If they are working on it then it is against the wishes of the owners. What they need to do is get arrested for trespassing, I suppose. Only thing that'll stop them.

He may have had someone's blessing to do what he was doing. I don't know. I did notice that the LeStudio logo he has used on his items is now the original logo, not the one with the "t" that looked like a cross. Also, his efforts have been fairly public so the present owners may have known. Like I said, I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter now. The article about the fire says that the building is a total loss.

https://www.google.c...a/amp/1.4243188

Thanks for posting this. It's so sad. I always hoped to make it up there to see what was left of it.

• Like 1

https://www.google.c...a/amp/1.4243188

Wow. I hate that this happened. I'm so glad I got to visit there before all the vandalism happened. So what will Mr. Baxter do now?

I'm glad you got to make your dream trip up there with your daughter and take such great photos before such a sad ending.

• Like 1

Artist Year released Numbers Cat Stevens 1975 Children of the World The Bee Gees 1976 Morin Heights (named for the studio[17]) Pilot 1976 1 fois 5 (enregistrement devant public) Robert Charlebois, Yvon Deschamps, Jean-Pierre Ferland, Claude Léveillée et Gilles Vigneault 1976 Lavender Hill Mob Lavender Hill Mob 1976 Vladimir Vysotsky Vladimir Vysotsky 1976 Fountains of Light Starcastle 1977 Expect No Mercy Nazareth 1977 Street of Dreams Lavender Hill Mob 1978 Safety in Numbers Crack the Sky 1978 Chicago 13 Chicago 1979 Harder ..... Faster April Wine 1979 Permanent Waves[18] Rush 1980 Thrillz Walter Zwol & The Rage 1980 Ghost in the Machine

- "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" song only The Police 1981 Moving Pictures[19] Rush 1981 You Want It You Got It Bryan Adams 1981 Signals Rush 1982 Straight Between the Eyes Rainbow 1982 Synchronicity (overdubs) The Police 1983 Alpha Asia 1983 In The Red Fist 1983 Grace Under Pressure[20] Rush 1984 Tonight[21] David Bowie 1984 Boy in the Box Corey Hart 1985 Electric

- "Electric Ocean" song only The Cult 1985 The Dream of the Blue Turtles (mixed) Sting 1985 The Thin Red Line Glass Tiger 1986 Shakin' Like a Human Being Kim Mitchell 1986 Between The Earth & Sky Luba 1986 Operation: Mindcrime Queensrÿche 1988 Secrets of the Alibi The Northern Pikes 1988 Big Houses Eight Seconds 1988 Talk Is Cheap Keith Richards 1988 Sur Le Chemin des Incendies Paul Piché 1988 Presto Rush 1989 Hell to Pay The Jeff Healey Band 1990 Roll the Bones Rush 1991 Gordon Barenaked Ladies 1992 With This Tear Celine Dion 1992 ...but you can call me Larry Lawrence Gowan 1993 Counterparts Rush 1993 Fumbling Towards Ecstasy Sarah McLachlan 1993 Circle Of One Julie Masse 1994 Matapédia Kate and Anna McGarrigle 1996 No Worries Reset 1996 Creature Moist 1996 Fascinoma Jon Hassell 1999 Since August Since August 2000 The Interzone Mantras The Tea Party 2001 Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome To The Tangiers Soap Opera 2002

• Like 1