States You have Visited

sundog

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/CA-FL-IL-KY-ME-MI-NC-NJ-NV-NY-OH-PA-SC-TN-TX.png

Create Your Own Visited States Map

This is an interesting look at the states you have visited ~ not bad for a Canadian Girl.

I didn't include the states that I have only driven through, or stopped over in while changing planes (that would add at least a dozen more)

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3

Not bad, indeed. :)

The caveats you included remind me of my son, as he does the opposite- meaning that if we've been in an airplane even just flying over a particular state, he counts it that he's been there. :P

I'd make my own map, here, but I don't know if I'd be able to get the image to post. (I'm rather an idiot, when it comes to things like that). But I could make a list...

• Like 1

Not bad, indeed. :)

The caveats you included remind me of my son, as he does the opposite- meaning that if we've been in an airplane even just flying over a particular state, he counts it that he's been there. :P

I'd make my own map, here, but I don't know if I'd be able to get the image to post. (I'm rather an idiot, when it comes to things like that). But I could make a list...

Copy the HTML code at the bottom of the map, then in the posting tool bar here - click the 3rd icon in on the top row. It gives you options for code types, choose HTML

Preview your post

Remove the part of the code that looks like this [ html] at the start and the part that looks like this [ /html] at the end and then preview again and your map should show when you post.

• Like 1

I appreciate the help...but...ummm...

HTML code? :eh:

And I don't see a third icon (or any icons) on the reply/posting screen. Maybe it's because I'm on an iPad right now, I don't know.

All else fails, though, I can make a list.

Going from east coast to west, roughly...here 'tis:

Connecticut

New York

New Jersey

Delaware

Pennsylvania

West Virginia

Maryland

DC

Virginia

North Carloina

South Carolina

Georgia

Florida

Tennessee

Kentucky

Ohio

Michigan

Indiana

Illinois

Louisiana

Texas

Colorado

Nevada

California

I think that's it...

• Like 1

I appreciate the help...but...ummm...

HTML code? :eh:

And I don't see a third icon (or any icons) on the reply/posting screen. Maybe it's because I'm on an iPad right now, I don't know.

All else fails, though, I can make a list.

Going from east coast to west, roughly...here 'tis:

Connecticut

New York

New Jersey

Delaware

Pennsylvania

West Virginia

Maryland

DC

Virginia

North Carloina

South Carolina

Georgia

Florida

Tennessee

Kentucky

Ohio

Michigan

Indiana

Illinois

Louisiana

Texas

Colorado

Nevada

California

I think that's it...

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/CA-CO-CT-DC-DE-FL-GA-IL-IN-KY-LA-MD-MI-NC-NJ-NV-NY-OH-PA-SC-TN-TX-VA-WV.png

:P Thanks!

And there are other states that I've just driven through, yes- quite a few more. But I didn't count those.

• Like 1

I've been to all the US States, except Hawaii' and Alaska. I've been to all Canadian provinces, except Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador. I have NOT been to the 3 Canadian territories.

But, all of this has been trucking, and I don't think it counts for shit, and in fact, a lot of it has been a real bummer. I've seen the signs to turn off for Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and a lot of other National Parks, but, obviously, I couldn't go see them. I've been to some National Parks in Canada, but only because I was delivering there. It's the same with cities. I know how to get around in most of the cities in Canada and the US, but I've never been downtown and really visited them. Recently, Jeopardy showed a picture of Montreal, a city I've been to multiple times. But, I didn't recognise it, because it was downtown.

A lot of those images that Rush is showing on the pre concert film I don't recognize, because of the same reason.

I would argue that if you've been to a National Park or to some state parks in a given state or province, then you've seen more that I have, even though I've driven on over 95% of the Interstate miles in the US.

• Like 1

I've been to all the US States, except Hawaii' and Alaska. I've been to all Canadian provinces, except Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador. I have NOT been to the 3 Canadian territories.

But, all of this has been trucking, and I don't think it counts for shit, and in fact, a lot of it has been a real bummer. I've seen the signs to turn off for Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and a lot of other National Parks, but, obviously, I couldn't go see them. I've been to some National Parks in Canada, but only because I was delivering there. It's the same with cities. I know how to get around in most of the cities in Canada and the US, but I've never been downtown and really visited them. Recently, Jeopardy showed a picture of Montreal, a city I've been to multiple times. But, I didn't recognise it, because it was downtown.

A lot of those images that Rush is showing on the pre concert film I don't recognize, because of the same reason.

I would argue that if you've been to a National Park or to some state parks in a given state or province, then you've seen more that I have, even though I've driven on over 95% of the Interstate miles in the US.

That is why I didn't include the states that I have only briefly stopped in or drove through. I don't think it gives them a fair shake. North America is so beautiful - and each area has some amazing things to see, from the desert, to the beaches to the mountains (and even the differences in the mountain ranges) ~ I think vacationing here is wonderful.

The best I could do sadly with my tech dumb@ssness... :(

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Edited by Narps
  • Like 3

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AL-AR-CA-CT-DC-DE-FL-GA-LA-MA-MD-ME-MS-NC-NH-NJ-NY-OH-OK-PA-RI-SC-TN-TX-VA-VT-WV.png

• Like 1

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AL-AR-CA-CT-DC-DE-FL-GA-LA-MA-MD-ME-MS-NC-NH-NJ-NY-OH-OK-PA-RI-SC-TN-TX-VA-VT-WV.png

Thanks. That's what it looked like before I tried to get it to here... :)
  • Like 1

I've lived in three states - Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Minnesota - and visited 10 others (including D.C.). Best places I visited were Las Vegas and Radio CIty Music Hall, NYC. Worst place I visited was Myrtle Beach, SC.

I also lived in France for four months, and visited Germany and Switzerland. Paris (and all of France), Munich, and Interlaken were GREAT.....Frankfurt, not so much.

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/DC-IA-IL-IN-KY-MI-MN-NV-NY-OH-SC-VA-WI.png

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-europe/ml/CH-DE-FR.gif

Notice all the coastal coverage, though? :P

Living on the East Coast and Tennessee for the first 12 years of my life enabled us to visit just about everything on that side of the country.

• Like 1

Pretty cool site...here's mine:

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/AL-AR-DC-DE-FL-GA-HI-IA-IL-IN-KY-LA-MA-MD-MI-MN-MO-MS-NC-NV-NY-OH-PA-SC-TN-TX-VA-WA-WI-WV.png

I've lived in three states - Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Minnesota - and visited 10 others (including D.C.). Best places I visited were Las Vegas and Radio CIty Music Hall, NYC. Worst place I visited was Myrtle Beach, SC.

I also lived in France for four months, and visited Germany and Switzerland. Paris (and all of France), Munich, and Interlaken were GREAT.....Frankfurt, not so much.

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/DC-IA-IL-IN-KY-MI-MN-NV-NY-OH-SC-VA-WI.png

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-europe/ml/CH-DE-FR.gif

That's hilarious. That's one of the crown jewels of our little state. I'm glad you didn't see the rest. You'd have really been horrified. LOL

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-states/ml/CA-CO-CT-DC-FL-GA-IA-IL-IN-KS-KY-LA-MA-MD-MI-MN-MO-NC-NE-NJ-NV-NY-OH-PA-SC-TN-UT-VA-WI-WV.png Edited by laughedatbytime

That is why I didn't include the states that I have only briefly stopped in or drove through. I don't think it gives them a fair shake. North America is so beautiful - and each area has some amazing things to see, from the desert, to the beaches to the mountains (and even the differences in the mountain ranges) ~ I think vacationing here is wonderful.

Yeah, but y'all have Nova Scotia and British Columbia, which I think are tops.

Worst place I visited was Myrtle Beach, SC.

That's hilarious. That's one of the crown jewels of our little state. I'm glad you didn't see the rest. You'd have really been horrified. LOL

Well, it wasn't Myrtle's fault. I was 18, and it was a family trip, which means that I had zero opportunity to have any real FUN....... :doh: :doh:

Edited by Principled Man