One of my favorite moments in the show...

rtrushfan

I'm in the spoiler section now so I don't have to watch my p's and q's.

I'm watching the Tulsa R40 show again. Geddy wouldn't get botox in his face, would he? His skin looks exceptionally smooth.

And he sang those CA songs better than on the album.

I don't know what he did during his "vacation", but it worked.

He's starting to sound like a walrus again though. Bristow was the worst show so far vocally.

• Like 1

I'm watching the Tulsa R40 show again. Geddy wouldn't get botox in his face, would he? His skin looks exceptionally smooth.

He's starting to sound like a walrus again though. Bristow was the worst show so far vocally.

I've learned it is best around here to keep your honest opinion to yourself. ;) If not, it's torch and pitchfork time. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: Cue Witch Hunt! :tempted:

Edited by Lorraine

You have a point but judging a performance from a cell phone recording isn't entirely accurate. The professional recording should tell the story. Edited by Shemp

One of mine, non musical of course because the top moments are all musical, was Eugene Levy's introduction of the band.

"How about that? Unbelievable. These guys have actually opened for Kiss..."

Priceless.

I love how they ended the concert. Whoever it is that thinks of these things should be commended.

It was a very poignant touch, after Geddy says bye and thanks for 40 blah blah blah, to add footage from every tour of him saying the same thing, and then they have "exit...stage left" and the three of them walking together in semi-darkness through the hallway to their dressing room.

Very dramatic. Very telling really for those who wish to see.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I love how they ended the concert. Whoever it is that thinks of these things should be commended.

It was a very poignant touch, after Geddy says bye and thanks for 40 blah blah blah, to add footage from every tour of him saying the same thing, and then they have "exit...stage left" and the three of them walking together in semi-darkness through the hallway to their dressing room.

Well after the video is over it shows R40 again except it has a + next to it. R40+. I think there's gonna be another album.

Well after the video is over it shows R40 again except it has a + next to it. R40+. I think there's gonna be another album.

The plus only means it's R41 not R40. Just like on the tour book cover. The 4 tally marks with the 5th slash through it.

it also might mean that there is more to come for them as a band. Also I see the 4 lines as four decades counted(or in the books), and the red slash indicates the start of the fifth decade but because it's red could indicate caution possibly the end.

I love the moment when the curtain is in the proces of getting pulled up, when Neil starts pounding away, the air starts to vibrate and then the Anarchist takes off. Wow!

I've captured the first of my three showopenings on video and everytime I play it I get emotional again because that particular moment was so overwhelming. And it felt like seeing a couple of dear old friends again after such a long time. The only thing missing was that I couldn't hug them LOL :)

• Like 1

I agree. Within the humor, there's a soft touch in that video. The idea that these three guys walk off the stage *together* (note: *together* is indeed there for all the Neil haters) toward who knows what.... and without their booze (!).

I have been paying attention to what Geddy is saying at the end of the shows and it always seems to be some variant of "we hope to see you again sometime". Some folks seem to be using that as a sort of proof they will tour again because Geddy has said that sort of thing for years (although I do remember it in the past being more along the vein of "we hope to see you again the next time around" up until recently, which is quite different). I don't see the "hope to see you again" language in any way as a nod to future tours. In fact, it seems to drive home the idea the future of the band is very much in the air. "Hope" is not a commitment. "See you again" does not imply a full tour. "Sometime" is as non-committal as "hope." That language, coupled with the video, leads me to believe they may still do some sort of work together, but there won't ever be a full tour.

• Like 1

I agree. Within the humor, there's a soft touch in that video. The idea that these three guys walk off the stage *together* (note: *together* is indeed there for all the Neil haters) toward who knows what.... and without their booze (!).

I have been paying attention to what Geddy is saying at the end of the shows and it always seems to be some variant of "we hope to see you again sometime". Some folks seem to be using that as a sort of proof they will tour again because Geddy has said that sort of thing for years (although I do remember it in the past being more along the vein of "we hope to see you again the next time around" up until recently, which is quite different). I don't see the "hope to see you again" language in any way as a nod to future tours. In fact, it seems to drive home the idea the future of the band is very much in the air. "Hope" is not a commitment. "See you again" does not imply a full tour. "Sometime" is as non-committal as "hope." That language, coupled with the video, leads me to believe they may still do some sort of work together, but there won't ever be a full tour.

People are just grabbing at straws because they don't want this to be the last tour.

• Like 2

People are just grabbing at straws because they don't want this to be the last tour.

Agreed. I think this is it.

I can't imagine them doing another album without touring, so I really do believe that Rush will call it a day after this tour, and the closing video only seems to confirm that the more I view it.

(Now that doesn't mean they won't extend the tour, but I can't see them doing anything else once the tour is officially laid to rest, whenever that is.)

I've tried watching this a few times to try to figure out what happens here. Check the following video at the 1:44:52 point and keep your eye on Peart's kit. Somehow, one of his sticks flies out of his hand and get's lodged against the outside of one of the toms. Neil doesn't miss a beat, grabbing another stick, and later he takes advantage of a short break in the song (before Lifeson's harmonics riff) to use a stick to knock it back out so he can grab it. What a pro! I just can't figure out how the stick gets knocked out of his hand in the first place, and how it somehow gets lodged in the hardware the way it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFNjKoRXCQ

Edited by toymaker

I've tried watching this a few times to try to figure out what happens here. Check the following video at the 1:44:52 point and keep your eye on Peart's kit. Somehow, one of his sticks flies out of his hand and get's lodged against the outside of one of the toms. Neil doesn't miss a beat, grabbing another stick, and later he takes advantage of a short break in the song (before Lifeson's harmonics riff) to use a stick to knock it back out so he can grab it. What a pro! I just can't figure out how the stick gets knocked out of his hand in the first place, and how it someone gets lodged in the hardware the way it does.

Yeah that's bizarre. :LOL:

I've learned it is best around here to keep your honest opinion to yourself. ;) If not, it's torch and pitchfork time. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: Cue Witch Hunt! :tempted:

When life presents you with torches and pitchforks...just roast some marshmellows.

nya%20nya.gif

I've tried watching this a few times to try to figure out what happens here. Check the following video at the 1:44:52 point and keep your eye on Peart's kit. Somehow, one of his sticks flies out of his hand and get's lodged against the outside of one of the toms. Neil doesn't miss a beat, grabbing another stick, and later he takes advantage of a short break in the song (before Lifeson's harmonics riff) to use a stick to knock it back out so he can grab it. What a pro! I just can't figure out how the stick gets knocked out of his hand in the first place, and how it somehow gets lodged in the hardware the way it does.

Yeah - I don't know if the stick is hitting the underside of a cymbal, or what. I guess it must be.

Edited by toymaker

I've tried watching this a few times to try to figure out what happens here. Check the following video at the 1:44:52 point and keep your eye on Peart's kit. Somehow, one of his sticks flies out of his hand and get's lodged against the outside of one of the toms. Neil doesn't miss a beat, grabbing another stick, and later he takes advantage of a short break in the song (before Lifeson's harmonics riff) to use a stick to knock it back out so he can grab it. What a pro! I just can't figure out how the stick gets knocked out of his hand in the first place, and how it someone gets lodged in the hardware the way it does.

Yeah - I don't know if the stick is hitting the underside of a cymbal, or what. I guess it must be.

Glad it got stuck on the tom. Can you imagine if it squirted out onto the stage, and either Geddy or Big Al wiped out on it?

• Like 1

Glad it got stuck on the tom. Can you imagine if it squirted out onto the stage, and either Geddy or Big Al wiped out on it?

I thought the same thing.

I wonder if they hire someone to sit at the edge of the stage and watch for stuff like that? Like if someone throws a cup or something on the stage. Would they race across the stage and grab it like those kids at a tennis match?

• Like 1

I wonder if they hire someone to sit at the edge of the stage and watch for stuff like that? Like if someone throws a cup or something on the stage. Would they race across the stage and grab it like those kids at a tennis match?

When I was at the Buffalo show somebody had a beach ball and they were throwing it around in the audience. At one point it goes up on stage and Geddy kicked it back out into the crowd.

When I was at the Buffalo show somebody had a beach ball and they were throwing it around in the audience. At one point it goes up on stage and Geddy kicked it back out into the crowd.

So it's Geddy's job! As if he wasn't already doing enough!

• Like 1