The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I'm going to check out Octivarium next because I haven't heard anything from it ever I don't think.

These Walls

Sacrificed Sons

Octavarium

The standouts! But I love the whole album, even the Muse track and the U2 anthem.

I'm going to check out Octivarium next because I haven't heard anything from it ever I don't think.

These Walls

Sacrificed Sons

Octavarium

The standouts! But I love the whole album, even the Muse track and the U2 anthem.

I've only heard Panic Attack, and it is a beauty.

• Like 2

These Walls

Sacrificed Sons

Octavarium

I've only heard Panic Attack, and it is a beauty.

It's a very melodic album, for some bizarre reason it reminds me of Counterparts. It's that odd album that sounds like them.. Without really fitting in anywhere!

And I love it to bits!

• Like 1

Oh hell yes. Black Clouds and Silver Linings is as awesome as I remember it :haz: There isn't a single bad track on this album.

In fact, they're all pretty awesome, particularly The Shattered Fortress and The Count of Tuscany.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

Oh hell yes. Black Clouds and Silver Linings is as awesome as I remember it :haz: There isn't a single bad track on this album.

In fact, they're all pretty awesome, particularly The Shattered Fortress and The Count of Tuscany.

Yes.

DT are Great imitators.......but for some reason they wind up doing it way WAY better then the originals.

Mick

Yes.

BCSL is so good I'm playing all of it again.

Why are people split on it? I suppose I haven't listened to the rest of the discography to really get it, but still :huh:

I was meh til I played this album!

It's top five easy.

I might just have to find out what it is that all you cool kids are talking about.

Would you listen to DT already, lol. then you can join in. caust this thing's going on till at least the end of january, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I might just have to find out what it is that all you cool kids are talking about.

Would you listen to DT already, lol. then you can join in. caust this thing's going on till at least the end of january, lol

Mick

:P

Fair enough.

After all your posting, I'm still going to have to ask for a starting point.

• Like 2

Mick

:P

Fair enough.

After all your posting, I'm still going to have to ask for a starting point.

they have a varied Discography. but Scenes from a Memory is their best work, IMO.

Mick

• Like 2

Scenes From A Memory is great...Octavarium is a good taster though...
  • Like 2

Got it. ;)

All right, from what I've heard (or...read), I'll go with Scenes first.

My brother recommended an album of theirs to me, and I don't remember which one- I think it might have been Images and Words, but I can't remember.

• Like 2

Got it. ;)

My brother recommended an album of theirs to me, and I don't remember which one- I think it might have been Images and Words, but I can't remember.

IaW is great! But Metropolis is phenomenal.

Edit: Sorry I call it Metropolis but I meant Scenes.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Got it. ;)

you really can't go Wrong with Images either.

it's a bit softer for DT.....owing to the production.

but it's a classic too. Scenes is their pinacle though.

Mick

• Like 2

I've always told people to start off with Images and Words then Awake. If they like that then I tell them to listen to Scenes next. As great as Scenes is, I think it can be a bit much for someone to take in as their first DT album.
  • Like 2

Sorry but DT doesn't have one song that's memorable beyond about 5 minutes.

Absolute rubbish.

Love you, but I had The Count Of Tuscany stick in my head all day yesterday, and that song is eighteen minutes. And These Walls was my cooking anthem. Sang the roof off that one.

Tosh. Not memorable for you maybe, but not for me!

• Like 2

I've always told people to start off with Images and Words then Awake. If they like that then I tell them to listen to Scenes next. As great as Scenes is, I think it can be a bit much for someone to take in as their first DT album.

I started with those two. Awake put me right off. I played Black Clouds once months later, I was sold. Obsession began. Now a fan.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

EAGLE!!!!!!!

I don't agree...but i still love you!!

Mick

Love you too, Blue. Just can't get into them even after mainlining the CDs for a while. Maybe if you could actually hear the bass it would help.

• Like 2

I have to correct myself after listening to it today. The self titled isn't AOR.........my bad.

Actually Images is closer to AOR.......that production man, lol

Mick

I have been wondering if you would ever come around! I heard nothing remotely Toto like...which is what you said before.

I did get Nightwish vibes in many places though.

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish.

Love you, but I had The Count Of Tuscany stick in my head all day yesterday, and that song is eighteen minutes. And These Walls was my cooking anthem. Sang the roof off that one.

Tosh. Not memorable for you maybe, but not for me!

We're both entitled to our opinion. Mine isn't from lack of trying. It just bores me to tears.

• Like 2