The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I'm back to music. and i really have to credit lorraine a bit. she bought my spark for this forum back.

Mick

Music is my anchor right now.

REM and grunge. Actually pleased I've come back to both. I burned myself on the style around ten years ago so...it at last all feels fresh and new again.

You know Kurt Cobain meant to work with REM before he passed away. As much as those bands aren't usually my cup of tea, I'd have been really interested in that combo, too bad it never happened.

• Like 1

I'm back to music. and i really have to credit lorraine a bit. she bought my spark for this forum back.

Mick

REM and grunge. Actually pleased I've come back to both. I burned myself on the style around ten years ago so...it at last all feels fresh and new again.

You know Kurt Cobain meant to work with REM before he passed away. As much as those bands aren't usually my cup of tea, I'd have been really interested in that combo, too bad it never happened.

i don't see how those guys would have gelled but hey it sure would have been an interesting listen.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

i don't see how those guys would have gelled but hey it sure would have been an interesting listen.

Mick

I hear a lot of REM in Nirvana.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

is this like me and DT.......Your just gonna hear REM in everybody, lol

i'm kidding i hear it a bit too.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

is this like me and DT.......Your just gonna hear REM in everybody, lol

i'm kidding i hear it a bit too.

Mick

REM were an often cited inspiration for most of the prominent grunge bands.

• Like 1

Take a listen to Dumb.
  • Like 1

Aren't they both from my neck of the woods?

Nirvana's from Seattle, REM's from Athens...so probably not?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 3

Nice to see all the R.E.M. love, seriously.

Their music is like life, to me anyway. Segue's description applies to me too in some ways. Their music evokes tons of different emotions, and when you get down to it, that's what life is.

Find The River... god, what a perfect gorgeous song. I don't know what it's actually about and I don't care.... it's what a song means to you as an individual and the way you relate to it that matters.

• Like 2

Their music is like life, to me anyway. Segue's description applies to me too in some ways. Their music evokes tons of different emotions, and when you get down to it, that's what life is.

Find The River... god, what a perfect gorgeous song. I don't know what it's actually about and I don't care.... it's what a song means to you as an individual and the way you relate to it that matters.

that's cool. all this talk is making me wanna try again.

Album suggestions anyone?

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Murmur and Out Of Time

• Like 2

I can't listen to them. They push me over the edge instead of pulling me back. I'm sorry. They are talented men and they have great songs, but they do me in. Right now, trust me - I don't need that.
  • Like 3

I can't listen to them. They push me over the edge instead of pulling me back. I'm sorry. They are talented men and they have great songs, but they do me in. Right now, trust me - I don't need that.

See that's the feeling i get. or at least i remember getting. i just dont know if they'll trigger me ya know.

some bands have to be avoided for that reason for me.

I have to at least see though, lol

Mick

How about Queen instead?

• Like 2

Mick

Start with Murmur.

• Like 3

How about Queen instead?

A couple of weeks ago I was in a store when Another One Bites The Dust came on and it put an instant smile on my face because all I could see in my mind was Freddy prancing around the stage with his royal robe and crown on.

• Like 2

Oh great another Queen chat haha

Have fun lolololol

Oh great another Queen chat haha

Have fun lolololol

Sorry Segue, didn't mean to spoil your REM fun. :P

• Like 1

How about Queen instead?

A couple of weeks ago I was in a store when Another One Bites The Dust came on and it put an instant smile on my face because all I could see in my mind was Freddy prancing around the stage with his royal robe and crown on.

:)

• Like 2

I do like those first two Queen albums and Innuendo.
  • Like 2

I just listened to Innuendo the other night. I swear I got more out of it than I have since this time last year. It's a much deeper record than I thought at first, so much Queen dna embedded in there. If I'm not careful, it could slip into my top 5 Queen, lol.

• Like 1

Ahhh. i'm still waiting for the great Segue Queen rapture.

face we all know it's coming one day.

Mick

Knowing Segue, it'll start with Hot Space

• Like 1

I just listened to Innuendo the other night. I swear I got more out of it than I have since this time last year. It's a much deeper record than I thought at first, so much Queen dna embedded in there. If I'm not careful, it could slip into my top 5 Queen, lol.

I love it.

• Like 3