HUGE SPOILERS, PROBABLY HALF THE SETLIST

pfrushfan0122

Heheheh, I'm not implying that there are 2 vastly different setlists... Nope, not 2. :drool:

Really can't wait for this thing to finally start and all this speculation can end… so there are like 10 set lists? with a lot of rotation. that will get the diehards excited, maybe Roll the Bones gets played every 3rd show, and if you hate it like many do you may be lucky and get to avoid it?

Heres hoping it just gets dropped completely after a few dates.

• Like 1

Nah they only drop good songs after a few dates… remember Time and Motion?

Not saying its a killer track but certainly one of the better ones off T4E.

T&M and Driven are the only ones that ever make it into my random'd playlists at work...

• Like 1

Three items got my attention in that pic..

1 Exit Stage Left.. Maybe this has something to do with the opening video..?

2 Stage re-creations.. Wtf??

3 Mel's Rockpile!! Looks like they have Eugene Levy doing his old SCTV skit!! He played a cheesy dance show host. That'll be funny as hell!! Just like count Floyd lol

..oh and .. Jacob's Ladder!! :D

I would have preferred a medley from the 5 Neat Guys, but that's just not possible any more.

Edited by ctbadger
  • Like 1

Ok - so for the most part, the list is in order. I'm curious about one part in particular. In between Prelude/Cygnus and 2112, there's a segment called "Ask Al". Is that the acoustic instrumental section? If it is in order, I'd be interested to know what he would be playing here. Is this a segment leading up to The Trees? Will it be a medley of older, softer music? Something new?

Now - another thought is that it's a video between the second set and the encore (yes, this would make 2112 part of if not the encore).

Thoughts?

Camera eye and Jacob's ladder are about the same length. Just sayin'.

Ok - if you buy the combinations (which I do because it makes sense), then we are looking at 18 slots ONLY IF none of these songs are alternates. Slots can be defined as "when a song begins and music is played continuously until the music ends". Forget the number of songs.

So if none are alternates, we have 18. Most likely, some are, so we are looking at 14-16 slots.

CA broke down as follows;

Set 1 = 10 slots

Set 2 = 13 slots

Encore = 2 slots

Total = 25 slots

Alex said on the Renman interview that they were cutting back. So best case, 23 slots. Worse case 20 slots.

So - if we have 14-16 slots leaked AND they are filling 20-23 slots a night, we are looking at 4-9 slots NOT leaked.

We have 22 songs leaked. Alex said around 35 prepared. Somewhere in the middle is the correct number of songs.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/math_zpsxfjyr2ku.jpg

• Like 2

Not an expert on tour books, I have perused a few and I don't recall ever seeing a set list in one. Pictures are usually from previous tours. I'm skeptical on this one.

"That a man might know the end of this day's business ere it come!

But it sufficeth that the day will end and then the end is known."

"Julius Caesar" - William Shakespeare

Don't worry, heard it in a movie!

• Like 1

I'm looking at the tour book pic again..... Exit... Stage Left.... It comes after 2112 (Which could very well close-out Set2), and before the Stage re-creations... I have a hunch... What is the only thing they could play off ESL... Broon's Bane/The Trees/Xanadu.. There is NO way they won't play The Trees on a greatest hits tour.... And I could see it as the first of 2 encores, the second one being the first 3 albums in a giant medley...And Alex would have already used the Double-neck in Prelude... And then Geddy comes out with HIS....

(And my bet on 2112 is Overture/Temples/Grand Finale)

Edited by Supersyl

When i first glanced at the list of songs like many I was a little disappointed, mainly stuff like RtB and just rehashing overplayed singles from recent albums, OLV, FC etc. I expected this to be a greatest hits tour to some degree but the list of course seemed like nothing but staples (with a few rarities). I remember seeing the setlist for Time Machine before the tour started and on paper it didn't look too appealing to me but recently its become one of my favourite shows to watch on blu ray because the production is spectacular.

So I'll hold over judgment until we see what the full show is like. Of course there are songs we don't know yet and hopefully a couple more deep cuts. And FOH seems to be hinting at them doing something different this tour. Either way once we see the show I'm sure our opinions will change about the set.

• Like 1

Not an expert on tour books, I have perused a few and I don't recall ever seeing a set list in one. Pictures are usually from previous tours. I'm skeptical on this one.

Did you see my posts on both the CA tour and TM tour? For the most part, it's at least a majority of the setlist. It even has the videos for opening, intermission, and end.

Now on CA, one or two of the songs were out if order (last minute setlist change?). For TM, they were right down the line.

Go thru the trouble of having crew sign non disclosures, and then mail out the setlist. That's not a leak, that's outright disclosure. Don't get the whole ND, they could have had credits without song titles...

Except for Prelude and Jacobs, this is a Kiss setlist, meaning same old same old. Its gonna feel like watching a summer repeat. Glad I didn't shell out for oot of town travel, if this is accurate.

Given what was promised, disappointing, unless the 5 remaining are real gems. One has to be LL , so no rare treasure there.

If this is really the setlist it half stinks to be honest especially the first 30 to 45 minutes or so. The Wreckers for real? Oh well. Gonna have fun anyway. At least I get to see them one last time most likely and hopefully meet some of you fine folks...

Edit: The second half looks to be awesome at least... :cheers:

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I think there are more gems coming.

Between the prelude/Cygnus medley and 2112 there's something called "Ask Al". That begs of an acoustic solo. I predict that the acoustic solo will lead to The Trees and Xanadu.

Now, usually an acoustic solo is preceded by a drum solo. So after the Prelude/Cygnus medley, I think we get LaVilla.

So here's how I have the 2nd set;

SET 2

1. Tom Sawyer

2. Red Barchetta ~ YYZ

3. The Camera Eye

4. Spirit of Radio ~ Natural Science ~ Closer To The Heart

5. Jacob's Ladder

6. Hemispheres Prelude ~ Cygnus X1

7a. La Villa - (drum solo)

(Alex Solo - "Ask Al")

8. The Trees

9. Xanadu

10. 2112

*Overture

*Temples (brief instrumental)

*Grand Finale

To me, this is as good as I can reasonably expect. We'll find out for sure on Friday.

the list obviously looks extremely "safe" in that it is basically a hybrid of Time Machine and Clockwork setlists, plus a couple extras. But it is obvious that there will be more (and maybe a lot more)....the omissions of Limelight and Freewill, which you know will be played, make that obvious. Hopefully, the ommitted songs or songs with no associated video include some of that "deep digging" material.
  • Like 1

the list obviously looks extremely "safe" in that it is basically a hybrid of Time Machine and Clockwork setlists, plus a couple extras. But it is obvious that there will be more (and maybe a lot more)....the omissions of Limelight and Freewill, which you know will be played, make that obvious. Hopefully, the ommitted songs or songs with no associated video include some of that "deep digging" material.

I think Freewill is gone.

If this is really the setlist it half stinks to be honest especially the first 30 to 45 minutes or so. The Wreckers for real? Oh well. Gonna have fun anyway. At least I get to see them one last time most likely and hopefully meet some of you fine folks...

Edit: The second half looks to be awesome at least... :cheers:

I know. Far Cry, OLV and Roll the Bones, very disappointing. Not even fussy about Big Money or Animate but there are some good tunes there.