Signals - What's the fuss about?

jefeltner11

I will agree that music is so subjective. There are certain Rush songs I am not too fond of, yet I see people on here comment on how much they love them and I scratch my head. Conversely, there will be a song that really grabs me and I read some people saying it sucks, or whatever, and I think they are nuts.

The good thing about that is that it's proof that Rush hasn't really made any bad songs. :LOL: Seriously, maybe we're just not meant to appreciate everything.

This goes for most bands...

The question for me is why the hell is p/g so fawned over here. God that album is pretty bad........i'm sorry folks. Just hate everything about it.

Mick

Side one to me is excellent. Side two not so much. Between The Wheels was never a favorite of mine but R30 changed my mind some about that one...
  • Like 2

The question for me is why the hell is p/g so fawned over here. God that album is pretty bad........i'm sorry folks. Just hate everything about it.

Mick

It's pretty bad, especially for Rush's standards. I think Power Windows was a huge improvement in so many ways. Much better arrangements, production and musicianship.

GuP has a couple of really good songs, IMO - I love Afterimage and The Enemy Within - but overall it's pretty poor.

Red Lenses sucks.

• Like 1

Mick

Red Lenses sucks.

This is true...
  • Like 1

Mick

It's pretty bad, especially for Rush's standards. I think Power Windows was a huge improvement in so many ways. Much better arrangements, production and musicianship.

GuP has a couple of really good songs, IMO - I love Afterimage and The Enemy Within - but overall it's pretty poor.

Red Lenses sucks.

I agree. Could never ever get into it. It's nothing to do with producer change. the songs are just pretty dumb. Kid gloves, Red Lenses, The Body Electric. Not my thing.

Mick

• Like 1

Red Lenses is the ONLY subpar song on Grace Under Pressure. And I'll concede that it's worse than subpar; it's pretty bad. But the rest of that album is really, really strong.

In my opinion.

• Like 3

Mick

Red Lenses sucks.

I agree. Could never ever get into it. It's nothing to do with producer change. the songs are just pretty dumb. Kid gloves, Red Lenses, The Body Electric. Not my thing.

Mick

Seriously man. After getting the Sectors box sets, I listened to the entire Rush catalog in chronological order (was really cool to see all of the incremental changes taking place in their music from album to album, by the way), and I couldn't get over just how much better Power Windows was.

As soon as The Big Money kicked in, it made most of GuP seem bleak and depressing by comparison.

To each his own I guess.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a bad song on the album either. I love the drum sound on it. Especially the beginning of Digital Man. I wish Neil's drums still sounded this good.

I have the first 2-3 seconds, in a loop, of the Digital Man drum intro as my ringtone on my cell.

• Like 4

I don't think there's a bad song on the album either. I love the drum sound on it. Especially the beginning of Digital Man. I wish Neil's drums still sounded this good.

I have the first 2-3 seconds, in a loop, of the Digital Man drum intro as my ringtone on my cell.

that's Awesome, lol

Mick

That's wild! :)

DM is one of my most favorite Rush songs. Love Geddy and his bass on it.

• Like 1

Mick

My question is why do you think you are right. Lol!

You say you hate it coz it sounds like The Police. But I hear more of them in Signals...

Jus' sayin'!

• Like 2

Guys who think songs like Chemistry and Digital Man are amongst the bands best songs honestly make me feel better about having Chain Lightning and Sweet Miracle in my top ten!
  • Like 1

Mick

You say you hate it coz it sounds like The Police. But I hear more of them in Signals...

As do I. And as far as I'm concerned, that's not a reason to hate anyway.

:cool:

• Like 2

Mick

As do I. And as far as I'm concerned, that's not a reason to hate anyway.

:cool:

Agreed. The Police were one of the best bands of their era. And besides, Rush incorporated their style brilliantly into their music.

• Like 4

Guys who think songs like Chemistry and Digital Man are amongst the bands best songs honestly make me feel better about having Chain Lightning and Sweet Miracle in my top ten!

And that makes me feel even better about loving Digital Man.

• Like 3

Good! Lol

Is Signals you're favourite Rush album?

Good! Lol

No

I absolutely love Digital Man. And Chain Lightning.

Just call me The Peacemaker. :cool:

Mick

My question is why do you think you are right. Lol!

Jus' sayin'!

Not as freakin' blatant as on p/g.

I really not to hot on New world Man as much.

Mick

Good! Lol

No

Do you know of any decent bootlegs from the signals tour? Lately, live Rush has been hooking me, I have downloaded Black Forest, and that improved my view on Hems 100%.