Live 1974 with Rutsey to CD

YYZumbi

Am I the only one that think that Rush should release the 1974 show with Rutsey to CD?

I doubt it.

Edited by JARG

I often wonder if Geddy and Alex kept in touch with Rutsey and/or if Rutsey ever saw a Rush performance after he was replaced in the band.

This is taken from wikipedia, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rutsey

Lifeson stated in a 1989 interview that he still often had seen him, and after leaving the band he went into bodybuilding. Lifeson remarked "He competed on an amateur level for a while, doing that for a few years, and has sort of been in and out of that, but he still works out, and I work out with him a few times a week at a local gym – at a Gold's, here in Toronto." In 2005 Lifeson said that he had not seen Rutsey since around 1990.

• Like 2

I assume you're talking the St. Catherine's (?) school performance? If so, their performance of working man was kind of uneven...they kept speeding up until they were in hyperdrive. I assume you can see that on youtube or somewhere, so I don't see the

need to release a CD. Just a cash grab IMO

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I often wonder if Geddy and Alex kept in touch with Rutsey and/or if Rutsey ever saw a Rush performance after he was replaced in the band.

Based on past interviews, Rutsey was over it when he left Rush and quite playing drums soon after. I highly doubt he would have made an effort to see a live performance.

I assume you're talking the St. Catherine's (?) school performance? If so, their performance of working man was kind of uneven...they kept speeding up until they were in hyperdrive. I assume you can see that on youtube or somewhere, so I don't see the

need to release a CD. Just a cash grab IMO

Yes, I mean that one. And I know you can see it on youtube. I even have the R40 box set with the whole concert. But it would be nice with only audio, so you can listen to it when you are out.

I think we'll see a "box set" once the smoke clears after the last show (and the subsequent recordings and video's) is over and done with...I'm still hoping for that official live Hemispheres recording!
  • Like 1