I Don't Normally Like To Toot My Horn About My Drumming But I Played to "AFWTK" and "Hemispheres" Today And Nailed It!

RUSHHEAD666

Youtube video or it didn´t happen...

Just kidding, Earl, it´s great that you managed to pull it off. I´d be bragging about it in every internet forum there was if I was able to play those albums! I think I have a musical mind...it´s a shame that living in a third world country my priority has always been to focus on my career and leave all the fun behind. My parents were completely against me pursuing any kind of music interest. I´m 40 years old now, and thinking about learning an instrument...

• Like 2

I played bass on a semi professional level for several years. The hardest thing to do. I mean the hardest thing to do is find musicians you are musically and personally compatible with.

I can play he bass and i can sing but not at the same time. I havent really played for 17 years.

You make me want to get this sticks out again, Earl. I can see myself getting back into playing after I retire..which is in a year.

:7up:

Send me a recording of you playing something and I'll overdub some bass and guitar - just make something up! We can pass it to JARG for some solos.

Can anybody sing? I suck as a singer.

Dude! That's awesome! How do I send a recording? iPhone? I'm not the most computer savvy guy! JARG is a guitarist? I am so glad I wrote this thread.

I bet a 90% of everyone on here plays something!! COOL!!

I dabble a bit. ;)

• Like 1

I can only play with myself

And even that is hit and miss...

Mostly miss...

Imagination is one of the first things to go...

:laughing guy: :sigh: Some serious pain and anxiety meds aren't helping much either. I had my day... :LOL:
  • Like 3

it's ironic that playing my guitar and my sex life have so much in common...not too often, but I always feel better afterwards.

maybe i should try both at the same time...double my pleasure, double my fun. ;)

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

I've been playing Rush songs ever since I got the first album of theirs, which was AFTK. I cut my metaphorical bass teeth on Geddy's playing. Still today it's the one thing I can go back to and it always keeps my interest.
  • Like 1

I've been playing Rush songs ever since I got the first album of theirs, which was AFTK. I cut my metaphorical bass teeth on Geddy's playing. Still today it's the one thing I can go back to and it always keeps my interest.

I'm moving to Pittsburg! :)

• Like 2

Send me a recording of you playing something and I'll overdub some bass and guitar - just make something up! We can pass it to JARG for some solos.

Can anybody sing? I suck as a singer.

Dude! That's awesome! How do I send a recording? iPhone? I'm not the most computer savvy guy! JARG is a guitarist? I am so glad I wrote this thread.

I bet a 90% of everyone on here plays something!! COOL!!

I dabble a bit. ;)

You must be good!

• Like 1

You make me want to get this sticks out again, Earl. I can see myself getting back into playing after I retire..which is in a year.

:7up:

Do it buddy! Playing the drums is great for your mind and you body!! My fukking right thumb is bleeding and won't heal from trying to emulate the insanity of Neil's ride cymbal on the "Hemispheres" record.

The greatest album of all time.

• Like 3

I can only play with myself and can't sing either :( . Love to read about you guys playing however and the obvious joy it brings you... :)

Narp! You are fukking classic! I don't know you but I love you man!

:cheers: You are pretty damn awesome yourself...

Youtube video or it didn´t happen...

Just kidding, Earl, it´s great that you managed to pull it off. I´d be bragging about it in every internet forum there was if I was able to play those albums! I think I have a musical mind...it´s a shame that living in a third world country my priority has always been to focus on my career and leave all the fun behind. My parents were completely against me pursuing any kind of music interest. I´m 40 years old now, and thinking about learning an instrument...

Hahaha! Thanks Rod! No! I'm just not a computer guy! I'm sure I can figure it out but man I'm really not into showboating. I had a hard time writing this thread but I felt so good about it.

I could probably really get good if I played to "Hemispheres" like 25 times a week!

Dude, I'm 47 and I feel like I'm 18 years old! Not to be a downer but this is why my wife is going to leave me. I'M NEVER GOING TO GROW UP!! FUKK IT!

I love my rock and roll, my sports. my brewskis and my drums!! My wife turned 40 over a year ago and she changed! She put the WALL UP on me.

I will never change!!

Rod!! Start playing an instrument! Learn the guitar and get a bassist! I'm coming to Brazil baby! LOL!

Cheers!

Damn it's late again! I promise to behave. Hell everyone's in bed now on here!

• Like 1

I can only play with myself and can't sing either :( . Love to read about you guys playing however and the obvious joy it brings you... :)

Narp! You are fukking classic! I don't know you but I love you man!

:cheers: You are pretty damn awesome yourself...

Hahaha! Holy Shit! I thought everyone was in bed on here! Right on buddy! Thanks!!

I need to head back east and hang out with all of you guys and girls!

I'm lonely in California!

Cheers buddy!