The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

Freddy, you made my husband laugh on Saturday night. You may be wondering what is so special about that, but if you knew him, you'd know that it is a rare occasion to see him actually laugh.

He always will ask me about what is going on here. I told him I started this thread and proceeded to tell him about who posted what. When I got to your post, Freddy, and told him what you wrote, he started laughing so hard and continued laughing for about three minutes.

Tell him I appreciate it!

• Like 1

I ate beans on toast, now I've got the farts.

I had that yesterday!

Here's what I did:

•Prune juice

•Digest for 30 minutes

•Bathroom

:yes: Prune juice works like a charm every time! :yes:

Haven't drank it in 5 years. But it tastes ok from what I understand. Yep! Stop & Shop 10 cans of prune juice for 2 bucks!

I've got Reynauds which means my hands, and usually feet, are freezing cold most of the time. It's just really annoying and it stops me doing stuff like playing the guitar because it hurts sometimes. Also they get sweaty really easily which gets very annoying. I also go through gloves very quickly and apparently my hands change colour but I don't even get to see that because I'm colourblind :sigh:
  • Like 1

I've got Reynauds which means my hands, and usually feet, are freezing cold most of the time. It's just really annoying and it stops me doing stuff like playing the guitar because it hurts sometimes. Also they get sweaty really easily which gets very annoying. I also go through gloves very quickly and apparently my hands change colour but I don't even get to see that because I'm colourblind :sigh:

Get lots of hand warmers and a pair of 3D glasses! Problem solved!

Edited by Freddy Lee
  • Like 1

Got hand warmers :ebert: . No 3D glasses unless there's some in a DVD box somewhere. Maybe in ice age 3...

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 1

I always wear those fingerless gloves because my hands are always cold. And no socks, no matter how woolly or expensive, keep my feet warm in the winter.

Got hand warmers :ebert: . No 3D glasses unless there's some in a DVD box somewhere. Maybe in ice age 3...

Find someone that was at a Signals Tour concert. Maybe they still have their 3D glasses that Count Floyd gave them and can send them to you! :)

I want to know about that glucosamine stuff for joint pain. How old is one supposed to be to take that?

I have no idea. I have a lot of joint pain and aches and stiffness, and just try to tough it out. I don't like taking meds of any kind especially the stuff out today. You don't know what you're taking half the time, and the side effects of the medication is sometimes worse than the cure.

So true.

Prior to my meds, I was either a hyperactive crazy happy maniac or a manic depressive loser.

Now? I think more clearly, but have constant stomach problems (think IBS), an allergic reaction to most fruits, dizziness, lethargy, mood swings (not major but not nice), insomnia.

On top of that I have a worsening leg condition that often sees me wake up in agony, and also take ages walking everywhere (i often get outpaced by elderly people). And the only answer to my problem is to have an operation that could either A) result in loss of my nerves, or B) amputation.

So I just live with a growing lump on my leg whilst I struggle to exercise due to pain, and now I am putting on weight I have to be really careful not to eat too much of the fun stuff which is fine.

All this has seen my once reliable looks and confidence fade and right now...well...I wallow in despicable self pity. At one point I was about to start a great career. My appearance was really desirable (this was both good and bad). Three years later? Washed up mess, with amazing friends and family.

And now I am finding work hard to find as I cannot be relied on due to my leg and mind. Not long ago I raked in thousands. Now? Pennies in comparison.

I want to know about that glucosamine stuff for joint pain. How old is one supposed to be to take that?

I have no idea. I have a lot of joint pain and aches and stiffness, and just try to tough it out. I don't like taking meds of any kind especially the stuff out today. You don't know what you're taking half the time, and the side effects of the medication is sometimes worse than the cure.

So true.

Prior to my meds, I was either a hyperactive crazy happy maniac or a manic depressive loser.

Now? I think more clearly, but have constant stomach problems (think IBS), an allergic reaction to most fruits, dizziness, lethargy, mood swings (not major but not nice), insomnia.

On top of that I have a worsening leg condition that often sees me wake up in agony, and also take ages walking everywhere (i often get outpaced by elderly people). And the only answer to my problem is to have an operation that could either A) result in loss of my nerves, or B) amputation.

So I just live with a growing lump on my leg whilst I struggle to exercise due to pain, and now I am putting on weight I have to be really careful not to eat too much of the fun stuff which is fine.

All this has seen my once reliable looks and confidence fade and right now...well...I wallow in despicable self pity. At one point I was about to start a great career. My appearance was really desirable (this was both good and bad). Three years later? Washed up mess, with amazing friends and family.

And now I am finding work hard to find as I cannot be relied on due to my leg and mind. Not long ago I raked in thousands. Now? Pennies in comparison.

I can't blame you for that. I would have too at your age, but you are too intelligent not to know that looks are fleeting anyway, and you are much more than your looks.

i had no idea you were up against such challenges, Segue. You, like Mick, hide it well. No matter how bad things may get, you must know you have friends here. :hug2:

• Like 2

So true.

I can't blame you for that. I would have too at your age, but you are too intelligent not to know that looks are fleeting anyway, and you are much more than your looks.

i had no idea you were up against such challenges, Segue. You, like Mick, hide it well. No matter how bad things may get, you must know you have friends here. :hug2:

Thank you.

Sorry to be so miserable today, I do hide it well but some days I just...grrrr I am 24 and more and more I feel like 55. So much has changed in a very short space of time. Not always very good at keeping positive. The less I do, the less pain I am in. The more pain I am in, the less I can do. The less I do, the more miserable I am.

Somedays a bit of AOR and silly banter is all I need. Other days I just...lose it (but I know a lot of this is chemical, with depression I now accept low feelings are not always a result of anything in particular, it is just a mix up of hormones).

Today is not a great day. But tomorrow I may be the happiest guy on this forum!

• Like 2

So true.

Thank you.

Sorry to be so miserable today, I do hide it well but some days I just...grrrr I am 24 and more and more I feel like 55. So much has changed in a very short space of time. Not always very good at keeping positive. The less I do, the less pain I am in. The more pain I am in, the less I can do. The less I do, the more miserable I am.

Somedays a bit of AOR and silly banter is all I need. Other days I just...lose it (but I know a lot of this is chemical, with depression I now accept low feelings are not always a result of anything in particular, it is just a mix up of hormones).

Today is not a great day. But tomorrow I may be the happiest guy on this forum!

You always seem to try and that is what matters most. Chin up my friend... :cheers:
  • Like 3

Good thing Rush is retiring soon because none of their fans will be able to take standing/sitting in a concert venue for 3+ hours ;). And that loud music and all the yodeling. Makes my minor knee issues feel, well minor...

I hope y'all experience better days and improved health ahead.

• Like 1

What's "AOR"? :huh:

The dumbest subgenre ever:

Album Oriented Rock

But the bands categorized as such tend to be my thing 100%.

• Like 1

Album Oriented Rock

I wouldn't necessarily call it a genre. Radio stations used to focus on album play rather than just hit singles. Mostly during the late 70s and 80s. To me, this was a time when you heard a lot of deep tracks off of albums. Much better than it is today. Unless were talking about Sirius XM, which is more far more AOR than most FM stations are now.

• Like 1

Album Oriented Rock

I wouldn't necessarily call it a genre. Radio stations used to focus on album play rather than just hit singles. Mostly during the late 70s and 80s. To me, this was a time when you heard a lot of deep tracks off of albums. Much better than it is today. Unless were talking about Sirius XM, which is more far more AOR than most FM stations are now.

That is what FM stations were for - playing songs you wouldn't hear on AM radio. FM rock music stations used to be called "underground music" when it started out in the late sixties.

I have to be really careful that I don't yank too hard. If I do, I pay for it for days with my neck.

Now I know why your husband doesn't laugh a lot. :outtahere:

Album Oriented Rock

Ooo! I really appreciated this post!

• Like 1

I have to be really careful that I don't yank too hard. If I do, I pay for it for days with my neck.

Some days I am slower than others. It took a few minutes before I realized what you were talking about. :laughing guy: Initially I was going to write a spiel about how if I don't pull the weeds, they don't get pulled, but I will shelf that.

• Like 2

Some days I am slower than others. It took a few minutes before I realized what you were talking about. :laughing guy: Initially I was going to write a spiel about how if I don't pull the weeds, they don't get pulled, but I will shelf that.

This just made my day!

• Like 1