The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

I ate beans on toast, now I've got the farts.

b-b-b-beans? :o

Yup... :o

Though that's nothing compared to the 6 boiled eggs I ate one after the other some years back. Talk about 'weapon of ass destruction'..! Holy moly! :scared:

• Like 2

I ate beans on toast, now I've got the farts.

b-b-b-beans? :o

Yup... :o

Though that's nothing compared to the 6 boiled eggs I ate one after the other some years back. Talk about 'weapon of ass destruction'..! Holy moly! :scared:

• Like 1

Freddy, you made my husband laugh on Saturday night. You may be wondering what is so special about that, but if you knew him, you'd know that it is a rare occasion to see him actually laugh.

He always will ask me about what is going on here. I told him I started this thread and proceeded to tell him about who posted what. When I got to your post, Freddy, and told him what you wrote, he started laughing so hard and continued laughing for about three minutes.

Edited by Lorraine

ReGor, we will put you in charge of the pharmacy. Better keep a good supply of Bean-O on hand.

:rfl: My wife and I joke about the Bean-O thing often. She has issues but in private (35 years later) I feel its part of her charm. Its too much fun. Heck with the Bean-O... :LOL:

I've got some kind of pinched nerve in my neck. I could use some lovin'. :coy:

How did you do that, and is that why you spent the day in bed on your birthday?

The lovin' or the pinched nerve? :LOL:

JK.... I wish :)

I did the nerve thing from mopping the floor. It sucks to get old.

I get that same pinched nerve-type pain in between my shoulder blades- like it's very close to my spine. Sometimes it's on one side, sometimes the other. Been having it the past few days...sometimes it's so bad I can't even turn my head from side to side...and I have to walk like the Hunchback of Notre Dame (minus the club foot; I don't have one of those).

• Like 1

Same thing happens to me when I pull weeds. We don't own a weed whacker. I have to be really careful that I don't yank too hard. If I do, I pay for it for days with my neck.

Another thing is that I now have to be very careful how I sleep. If I sleep on my side and keep my right knee bent, I put my hip out of whack. When I sleep on my stomach, both legs and arms have to be kept perfectly straight else I wake up with a bad case of the aches. Also have to be mindful of how my head is situated. I have to keep it bent down. If I don't, I wake up with a massive head and neck ache the next morning.

• Like 1

The most disappointing thing about mine is that it doesn't seem to be brought on by anything at all. Nothing strenuous, no physical activity- sometimes all I have to do is turn my head, and there it is.

:codger:

• Like 1

Same thing happens to me when I pull weeds. We don't own a weed whacker. I have to be really careful that I don't yank too hard. If I do, I pay for it for days with my neck.

Another thing is that I now have to be very careful how I sleep. If I sleep on my side and keep my right knee bent, I put my hip out of whack. When I sleep on my stomach, both legs and arms have to be kept perfectly straight else I wake up with a bad case of the aches. Also have to be mindful of how my head is situated. I have to keep it bent down. If I don't, I wake up with a massive head and neck ache the next morning.

Same here. I have to use a quilt folded up as a pillow because every pillow I buy is too thick and throws my neck out of whack.

• Like 1

Same here. I have to use a quilt folded up as a pillow because every pillow I buy is too thick and throws my neck out of whack.

I forgot about that - pillows. If I sleep on my back, I need more pillows because if my neck goes too far back, I get a headache. But I can't use the same amount of pillows if I choose to sleep any other way than on my back.

All in all, with all of this to have to hassle with, is it any wonder we can't sleep well and wake up feeling well rested? :(

• Like 1

ReGor, we will put you in charge of the pharmacy. Better keep a good supply of Bean-O on hand.

I think the Bean-o will be safe.

I just want access to the painkillers.

Not just the run of the mill stuff, but rather the experimental stuff they use on rats and pigs!

• Like 1

I forgot about that - pillows. If I sleep on my back, I need more pillows because if my neck goes too far back, I get a headache. But I can't use the same amount of pillows if I choose to sleep any other way than on my back.

All in all, with all of this to have to hassle with, is it any wonder we can't sleep well and wake up feeling well rested? :(

This is one thing I haven't a problem with. I always sleep on two pillows and almost always sleep well and for at least 10 hours or so. My wife does too. Geez that woman can sleep... :)
  • Like 1

I think the Bean-o will be safe.

I just want access to the painkillers.

Not just the run of the mill stuff, but rather the experimental stuff they use on rats and pigs!

i don't think we have a supply of that as I was thinking more along the lines of doing this to a patient should the pain get too much: :smash: .

:)

I know I have sleep apnea too so I have real trouble sleeping on my back. I need to go have a sleep study done so I can get a cpap machine. Ugh.

I want to know about that glucosamine stuff for joint pain. How old is one supposed to be to take that?

I want to know about that glucosamine stuff for joint pain. How old is one supposed to be to take that?

I have no idea. I have a lot of joint pain and aches and stiffness, and just try to tough it out. I don't like taking meds of any kind especially the stuff out today. You don't know what you're taking half the time, and the side effects of the medication is sometimes worse than the cure.

• Like 1

I have tried it (54 years old) but of course I have tried most everything given my condition. Didn't seem to do much of squat for me...

I know I have sleep apnea too so I have real trouble sleeping on my back. I need to go have a sleep study done so I can get a cpap machine. Ugh.

I do, too! But I always sleep on my back; I can't not do that. I can't fall asleep any other way. :huh:

As we are on the subject of sleeping, have your eyelids ever stuck to your eyeballs? The pain when you try to open your eyes is unbelievable. I have to put eye drops in now before I go to bed every night.

My cat gets a big kick out of it too. Every night she has to come into the bathroom with me and sit on the chair. I have to point to my eyedrops and tell her I have to put them in "so my eyelids don't stick to my eyeballs." She apparently finds it amusing when I say that, and she scrunches up her face and starts purring. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2