The TRF Infirmary Thread

Lorraine

Can I be sick of my boss??? :ranton: I just had another surprise meeting with him last week and he's trying to get me suspended for 3 days without pay. Sorry if this is off topic but I am tired of feeling nervous all the time and just when I think things improve, I get the rug pulled out from under me again...so I alternate from mad to sad several times a week.. :rantoff:

That's why I've grown to be fearful when everything is going well in my life. It almost never fails that then something goes bad or wrong.

Hope your job situation improves, Rhyta. :rose: :rose: :rose:

• Like 1

My daughter is sick and it makes me sad. I hate when the kids get sick... really sick. She was running a 103 fever, coughing, dizzy... not the flu, the culture they did came back negative. She's just not herself, and I wish I could just take it from her and deal with it myself.

It's awful feeling helpless when you want to help someone. I'm like you - I'd rather take the suffering from someone and endure it myself rather than see another person whom I love - relative or friend - suffer.

Hope she feels better fast, LIX. :hug2: :hug2: Hugs for you and her.

Ginger ale, cold washcloths for the forehead, soda crackers, and plenty of cartoons and comic books. I hope she feels better soon.

• Like 2

My daughter is sick and it makes me sad. I hate when the kids get sick... really sick. She was running a 103 fever, coughing, dizzy... not the flu, the culture they did came back negative. She's just not herself, and I wish I could just take it from her and deal with it myself.

Completely understand and sympathize my friend. My son was super ill when he was 18 and the Big C word was mentioned more than once. He went through hell for at least 2 years. Ended up having his spleen removed and it fixed him. I wish you and your daughter the best and I can understand you would rather take it on yourself. I felt the same way like that Star Trek episode... :hug2:
  • Like 2

It's awful feeling helpless when you want to help someone. I'm like you - I'd rather take the suffering from someone and endure it myself rather than see another person whom I love - relative or friend - suffer.

Hope she feels better fast, LIX. :hug2: :hug2: Hugs for you and her.

Ginger ale, cold washcloths for the forehead, soda crackers, and plenty of cartoons and comic books. I hope she feels better soon.

When I was a little girl I was always sick like that until I had my tonsils taken out.

A remedy that isn't often used today but what my mother always did was to wipe me down with alcohol and then leave the washcloth on my forehead.

Can I be sick of my boss??? :ranton: I just had another surprise meeting with him last week and he's trying to get me suspended for 3 days without pay. Sorry if this is off topic but I am tired of feeling nervous all the time and just when I think things improve, I get the rug pulled out from under me again...so I alternate from mad to sad several times a week.. :rantoff:

:hug2: Wishing you all the best my friend... :)
  • Like 1

I certainly sympathize. My older son has had a cough for the past few days...just a cough. And even that I wish I could have, instead of him.

I hate it when my kids don't feel good, because all that I can do for them is extremely finite. But they're also relatively healthy. When I refer to them being sick, I don't mean truly, terribly sick. They are well, in the scheme of things. And for that I'm very, very grateful.

• Like 2

Can I be sick of my boss???

:yes:

You have my sympathies. I'm not very happy with my work situation right now, either, but it's not as bad as what you described. I hope it improves for you, consistently.

• Like 2

I certainly sympathize. My older son has had a cough for the past few days...just a cough. And even that I wish I could have, instead of him.

I hate it when my kids don't feel good, because all that I can do for them is extremely finite. But they're also relatively healthy. When I refer to them being sick, I don't mean truly, terribly sick. They are well, in the scheme of things. And for that I'm very, very grateful.

Their health is the greatest gift you or any of us parents could ever get. This would be followed a ways back by our own health...
  • Like 2

That's why I've grown to be fearful when everything is going well in my life. It almost never fails that then something goes bad or wrong.

Hope your job situation improves, Rhyta. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Thanks for giving me a place to vent. I am hoping that things are going to get better since I met with the director and our HR rep Wed. At least they are trying to get my perspective on the situation and they were very supportive. It may help or not but at least I feel like someone listened to me. And I'll get a few days to think about what my next step needs to be. ;)

• Like 2

So sorry, dear. :hug2: You aren't alone if that's of any comfort..

• Like 2

LIX isn't feeling very well. I don't think he would mind if I told you that he's been sick all week.

Let's all send LIX a heartfelt Get well and come back soon!! and throw in a few hugs too :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: . Just don't forget to disinfect yourself after you hug him so you don't catch anything. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: Just teasing LIX!

• Like 3

LIX isn't feeling very well. I don't think he would mind if I told you that he's been sick all week.

Let's all send LIX a heartfelt Get well and come back soon!! and throw in a few hugs too :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: . Just don't forget to disinfect yourself after you hug him so you don't catch anything. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: Just teasing LIX!

Wondered where he was. I remember him saying his daughter was sick. Maybe he caught it. Get well friend... :cheers: :hug2:

Edit: Much obliged Lorraine for the info. A hug for you too... :hug2: :rose:

Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 3

Thanks all, not the same as my daughter had... went to a restaurant with some friends on Sun and got a terrible case of food poisoning. We all got sushi, but I also wanted to try their teriyaki chicken. When it came, my friend asked to have some, so he took a bit of it. My wife and his wife stayed away and never got sick... he was dealing with the same issues about a day after I was.

Good news, I lost a bunch of weight :LOL:

• Like 2

Thanks all, not the same as my daughter had... went to a restaurant with some friends on Sun and got a terrible case of food poisoning. We all got sushi, but I also wanted to try their teriyaki chicken. When it came, my friend asked to have some, so he took a bit of it. My wife and his wife stayed away and never got sick... he was dealing with the same issues about a day after I was.

Good news, I lost a bunch of weight :LOL:

About 30 lbs lighter? go to :51 seconds into clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpuZ_dmFX14

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I never knew you get a fever with food poisoning. LIX, did you have stomach pain as well?

yeah...

The WebMD page was pretty dead on as far as everything... when it started, how long it lasted, unfortunate effects....

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/salmonellosis-topic-overview

• Like 1

You know, now I am wondering if that's what I had about a month ago. One Sunday I woke up with bad abdominal cramps and fever. No diarrhea though but I did have to go to the bathroom more often than usual as whatever I ate wanted to leave my body almost as soon as it entered.

I thought I was coming down with some type of virus or flu, but it could have been from the bacon double cheeseburger the night before from a local fast food joint.

This post is related to the one above since that is when this first started.

Monday I awoke with the same pain in the stomach and still have it today. It comes and goes. It is like an inverted "C" on the left side of my stomach with the area of the pain. The pain goes from the top of the stomach and curves around to the pelvic area where a woman would have cramps. It bothers me briefly after I eat and intermittently during the day. When I drink coffee in the morning, it is bad as well. It has me scared because I wonder if it is stomach cancer.

In the late seventies I was told I had a small duodenal ulcer. It might be that acting up too.

Just wanted to get this on here in case anyone else had something similar.

Edited by Lorraine

Monday I awoke with the same pain in the stomach and still have it today. It comes and goes. It is like an inverted "C" on the left side of my stomach with the area of the pain. The pain goes from the top of the stomach and curves around to the pelvic area where a woman would have cramps. It bothers me briefly after I eat and intermittently during the day. When I drink coffee in the morning, it is bad as well. It has me scared because I wonder if it is stomach cancer.

In the late seventies I was told I had a small duodenal ulcer. It might be that acting up too.

Never had an ulcer but it sounds like it could be to me. Put the big C word out of your mind if you can. No sense worrying about the worst case until its time to. Easier said than done I know... :hug2:
  • Like 2

Take each day as it comes...one step at a time
  • Like 2

Since this is the infirmary thread I have some new developments to report while I am here. I haven't been feeling well for going on a month now. I had some allergy testing done last week and I am allergic to some stuff but nothing mind blowing. I have terrible congestion every day and just feel ill. I went to my primary doc yesterday. He gave me a breathing test and did a chest x ray as I am having trouble breathing. The upshot is he gave me another antibiotic (my at least 6th one in the past 6 months) and he gave me a steroid for 5 days to try to feel better and kick this thing. Also now I have got a prescription for a breathing medication (steroid) to be used twice daily (Advair) and an emergency inhaler thingy. Good grief. I may look healthy and in good shape (which I think I am) but I sure don't feel it. Hope this stuff helps and I am going to need more bathroom counter space soon to house all this crap i take :LOL: I am also seriously considering going to see a therapist for my anxiety and depression (I guess) issues as soon as possible. Never done something like this before but I am completely open to it (if my insurance pays for it only). If my insurance doesn't pay for a finite amount of visits then it won't be happening because there is no way I can afford it. Apologies for the long winded post but I figure this is the place for it. Anyone been there and done any of this your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... :)