The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Humiliation on the North Side.

At least they got out of the Wild Card game, and have a bunch of guys on the upside of their career.

• Like 2

Humiliation on the North Side.

At least they got out of the Wild Card game, and have a bunch of guys on the upside of their career.

Agreed...for the first time in a while we have a lineup to look forward to for many years.

Just need to get a couple arms or twenty.

• Like 1

Price and Greinke would look good.

Get that checkbook ready, then...I can see Price coming here since Maddon's managing.

We still have to have a center fielder for 2016. Dex is FA after this season and since this was his best season in his career, he'll probably be expensive.

Get that checkbook ready, then...I can see Price coming here since Maddon's managing.

We still have to have a center fielder for 2016. Dex is FA after this season and since this was his best season in his career, he'll probably be expensive.

Put Schwarber out there, he's proved his defensive chops in this series.

Twice tonight... :facepalm:

Twice tonight... :facepalm:

And a key one last night...,

Arrieta was unbelievably dominate the first 5 innings - he lost a little bit the last few but still good. I hope hes not getting fatigued- hes been throwing a lot of games lately 110+ pitches

Next year need to rest Arrieta a bit- after bout the 5th inning in the WC game, Arrieta came down to earth.....I think the workload got to him.

August and September pitch counts: 109, 117, 105, 107, 102, 116, 112, 117, 123

• Like 1

Arrieta was unbelievably dominate the first 5 innings - he lost a little bit the last few but still good. I hope hes not getting fatigued- hes been throwing a lot of games lately 110+ pitches

Next year need to rest Arrieta a bit- after bout the 5th inning in the WC game, Arrieta came down to earth.....I think the workload got to him.

Agreed. He also went about 80 more innings than his previous high.

But I'm sure somebody will chalk it up to "not having heart."

• Like 2

No, I dont think it had anything to do with heart. I will say this- the Mets starting in August took turns every week skipping starters.....there guys have been very fresh. And then theres Bartolo Colon......

No, I dont think it had anything to do with heart. I will say this- the Mets starting in August took turns every week skipping starters.....there guys have been very fresh. And then theres Bartolo Colon......

Of course it had nothing to do with heart. That's a lazy cliche by people who should know better.

I guess maybe the solution is to get in a division with the Braves, Phillies, and Marlins. Even the Nats...

I couldn't stand Rodney as a Mariner and I can't stand him as a Cub.

Fix your hat.

Yeah, you know youre throwing in the towel when you bring Fernando Rodney in

Of course it had nothing to do with heart. That's a lazy cliche by people who should know better.

I guess maybe the solution is to get in a division with the Braves, Phillies, and Marlins. Even the Nats...

Arrietas contract situation is going to be very interesting....they control him for 2 more seasons, but hes probably gonna make 20 mil each of those years through Arb.......Hes gonna be 31 as a free agent- its his last shot at a big pay day. Boras is his agent, so its gonna be tricky. If I were him, Id sign a 6 year deal buying out the last 2 arb years...maybe at 100 mil or so. You never know when you could blow out an elbow. Boras is probably thinking take fat arb money next two years and shoot for a 6 year 150 mil deal in 2018...hes only got one big time payola left

Fix your hat.

My biggest cub pet peeve....there hats. Arrieta does the dumb flat bill thing, Strop wears his at about a 45 degree angle, and then theres Fernando Rodney....who shouldnt be on a big league club at this point.

Cubs can spend, and they will spend on bullpen this off season

Fix your hat.

My biggest cub pet peeve....there hats. Arrieta does the dumb flat bill thing, Strop wears his at about a 45 degree angle, and then theres Fernando Rodney....who shouldnt be on a big league club at this point.

Cubs can spend, and they will spend on bullpen this off season

I remember reading somewhere that Jake wears a flat bill for better concentration. The curved bill messes him up or something. Who the f**k knows...

• Like 1

Arrietas contract situation is going to be very interesting....they control him for 2 more seasons, but hes probably gonna make 20 mil each of those years through Arb.......Hes gonna be 31 as a free agent- its his last shot at a big pay day. Boras is his agent, so its gonna be tricky. If I were him, Id sign a 6 year deal buying out the last 2 arb years...maybe at 100 mil or so. You never know when you could blow out an elbow. Boras is probably thinking take fat arb money next two years and shoot for a 6 year 150 mil deal in 2018...hes only got one big time payola left

This is his second great year. He's in incredible shape and doesn't have as much mileage on his arm as others his age. And I read an article that mentioned I believe that he had the most consistent release point this year of any pitcher.

But this is the team that had Mark Prior, albeit managed by Dusty Baker, who was supposed to have perfect mechanics, so you're right, you never know.